Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about free 250tp Lammy Server (Read 6362 times)
arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Question about free 250tp Lammy Server
Apr 13th, 2012 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Hey guys, can you help a noob out?

I've read the whole thread regarding the free turbine points just by showing up on Lammania but still don't get it / understand.  How does it really work?  Anyone got their 250 points yet? 

I am not sure if getting the 250tp is easy or it must be on a specific timing, I don't understand the exact mechanics of the event.

The reason why I am asking is, internet is really slow lately and I am assuming downloading Lammy is going to be painful.  So instead of spending time in Lammy, we rather stay on Live servers.  But if the effort is not that bad, we will try and log to the preview server.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2012 at 1:52am by arjiwan »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Question about free 250tp Lammy Server
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 3:02am
Print Post  
as far as I understood the thread and the comments to get a chance to receive the 250 TP you need to do the following :

- play in Lammania while there's a Dev around.

Now I have no idea how they will give the 250 TP to live... but I suspect that they have a tool that tells them the account of a given character ( as the accounts are shared between L-Land and Live )
which then will allow them to give the 250 TP to the Live side.

The other way to do it is from the account to send a mail to the registered email address with a TP Code.

Now from what I gather it's not 100% guarranteed that you will get 250 TP, you just have a chance to get them by just showing up.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 3:08am
Print Post  
By the way, where do you download Lammy?
I never tried it, I am curious.

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
By the way, where do you download Lammy?
I never tried it, I am curious.

Here:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=354145

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 6:15am
Print Post  
So far my experience on this version of Lammania can be summed up as:

"NOT HAPPY JAN!"

It looks like everything those new fucking pets were doing to block hits is now being done by the terrain as well from what I can see. The slightest bit of raised anything on the ground means your ranged line-of-sight stuff just disappears into the fucking ether.

This includes casting at something that's up a ramp from you, let alone on the other side of a tiny bump in the ground. I only got to move five characters over so I couldn't test everything but I was having problems with rune arms, crossbow bolts, and nimbus of/searing light on my baby FvS.

Looks like I'll be soloing my monk a lot unless they break hirelings too.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:02am
Print Post  
They are point codes given out randomly on lamaland when the dev's are around. They posted the times they will be there. Pretty much they will give you max xp, request epic items or whatever. So it's not a 100% guarantee you will get one, but it's a pretty good chance from what I heard from others who were there.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:22am
Print Post  
All you have to do is show up. I then look at a long list of metrics and pick.
Thats it.
No gimmick, no nothing. I'm literally pulling names of people that were on the server and sending them points.

PETS DO NOT BLOCK ANYTHING. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. WHY? The server/monsters does not even know they exist.

Merrick did you write a bug about your ranged woes?

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Haven't noticed the LoS issues...though I spent wasted 2 hours in a harbor quest. I just wanted a stack of AD's to get the ship.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Hrm... Looks like today's time to take out the arty for a longer spin.

Can say they didn't just lower the start of the ray. Or if so, not enough to be a fix for the other side of the problem...

Pulled up to that one spot in the desert with the gnolls and pack of hyenas leading up to the Firestorm Greaves chest, and still getting no hit-detection with low-slung mobs when targeting something man-sized in the back.

Now I did notice the usual fuckupedness with the wand of blasting, but that's been screwball since it was shat out.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #9 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:55am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:22am:
Thats it.
No gimmick, no nothing. I'm literally pulling names of people that were on the server and sending them points.

PETS DO NOT BLOCK ANYTHING. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. WHY? The server/monsters does not even know they exist.

Well..  I haven't tested it myself.  But there have been  a few people who said they were succeeding at using the pets to block ranged attacks at the target dummy.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.ļæ½ And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #10 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 9:00am
Print Post  

Either the damage-dealing MOTU cat actually can get in the way of spells or this bug was introduced at the time they showed up. In fact there's a thread around here somewhere mentioning the pets completely blocking Velah's breath weapon from hitting the party IIRC.

If it's not the pets, there's something else going on.

No, I submitted one bug about Construct Essence going back to it's on-again/off-again state from a patch or two after artificers were released via the forum link and tagged it "Lammania" but I was planning to poke around with this bug more this weekend for extra details and possibly some /loc data and see if I could find a better way to submit without needing to use the in-game browser, as the form here isn't particularly comprehensive.

I figured it was pointless to submit without repro steps and since my comp can't fraps without bogging down, I'm stuck with hard numbers.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Thats it.

Another day or two and I'll have the update downloaded so I can log in and find out if network latency is still causing featherfall not to work like it is on live.

I love dropping straight down at full speed every time I try and jump or glide anywhere. Sad

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 12:58pm
Print Post  

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 3:10pm
Print Post  

Who would want to enter a bug report when you can just go to the forums and bitch about it?

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Who would want to enter a bug report when you can just go to the forums and bitch about it?

Tongue

I entered a bug report earlier this morning, I just waited until I had /loc details to do so.

A bug report stating "this is busted, fix it" and nothing else isn't particularly helpful.

A forum post about it *can* get others to look into it as well, however.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #15 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Thats it.

Thanks for the reply, I am assuming you are one of the devs / qa?  Sorry, I don't know much.

Still didn't download lammy.  Also my friends are very hesitant to download.  I guess "a chance to win" is not very "tempting" for others having to download, transfer etc which is not very straight forward.

Also, in my opinion, if I were told to test exactly this, and you'll get some reward, even small, just by helping this exact thing, I think I would've bothered.

Yes it is stated that there are events time that will be focusing on some areas.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #16 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:07pm:
Thanks for the reply, I am assuming you are one of the devs / qa?  Sorry, I don't know much.

Still didn't download lammy.  Also my friends are very hesitant to download.  I guess "a chance to win" is not very "tempting" for others having to download, transfer etc which is not very straight forward.

Also, in my opinion, if I were told to test exactly this, and you'll get some reward, even small, just by helping this exact thing, I think I would've bothered.

Yes it is stated that there are events time that will be focusing on some areas.

Thanks again.

He is QA. I'll let you guess which one.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:07pm:

Thanks again.

Here is probably what is going to happen. You had the chance to go to Lamania and check to see if A,B, and C worked. Since you didn't go, A,B, and C didn't work, and now it's not working on live. Now you are going to bitch and moan like you have a size 15 shoe crammed up your ass because A,B, and C is broke on live. See, all that crying you will be doing could be prevented. Save the penguins it just might be worth your time.
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:27pm by mudfud »  

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #18 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:07pm:
He is QA. I'll let you guess which one.

Oh, let's not and say we did.

I'd rather have him here and posting than not here or not posting.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
Oh, let's not and say we did.

Why?

Merrick wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
I'd rather have him here and posting than not here or not posting.

Same. Not sure why you think I feel differently.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:32pm:
Same. Not sure why you think I feel differently.

This is the Vault, where you might be considered "wrong" in the head if you don't feel differently on the sole principal alone of it possibly starting an argument.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
*waves to the devs*

I'd actually like more in the way of suggestions about what you'd like us to check out, TBH. When you log in and there's 30 people and your brief is "uh... do stuff" it's a bit overwhelmingt. I don't mind helping to test stuff but the entirety of DDO's a bit much. Some suggestions would not go amiss (although I found a minor bug when trying to find an admin to ask, so I guess that's good Smiley )

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 3:50am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:26pm:
Here is probably what is going to happen. You had the chance to go to Lamania and check to see if A,B, and C worked. Since you didn't go, A,B, and C didn't work, and now it's not working on live. Now you are going to bitch and moan like you have a size 15 shoe crammed up your ass because A,B, and C is broke on live. See, all that crying you will be doing could be prevented. Save the penguins it just might be worth your time.

Good thing I don't bitch and moan much.  Only thing I bitched and moaned before was the TOD sets that give Boosts / Turns which predates me, and now it is fixed. So now, no bitching and moaning
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2012 at 3:50am by arjiwan »  

IP Logged

TacosMcgee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:55am:
Well..  I haven't tested it myself.  But there have been  a few people who said they were succeeding at using the pets to block ranged attacks at the target dummy. 

Last I checked pets are small, they make kobolds look HUGE. "Aiming" that low to the ground so something like the projectile hitting the ground instead of your target might happen right? On the plausibility meter that your missing because you can't see exactly where your hitting so you blame turbine for how much you suck seems pretty high.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2012 at 5:29am by TacosMcgee »  

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #24 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 5:29am
Print Post  
TacosMcgee wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:27am:
Last I checked pets are small, they make kobolds look HUGE. So "aiming" that low to the ground so something like the projectile hitting the ground instead of your target might happen? On the plausibility meter that your missing because you can't see exactly where your hitting so you blame turbine for how much you suck seems pretty high. Go test it yourself then you can make all the claims you want, I may listen if you show me some decent proof you don't suck.

What claims did I make?  My total claims were, and I quote "there have been  a few people who said they were succeeding at using the pets to block ranged attacks at the target dummy"

Have a nice day.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.ļæ½ And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint