Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about free 250tp Lammy Server (Read 6382 times)
GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Question about free 250tp Lammy Server
Reply #25 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 10:56am
Print Post  
I 'suggest' you play every quest in the game, keeping an eye on anything that moves.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #26 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Apr 13th, 2012 at 8:22am:
PETS DO NOT BLOCK ANYTHING. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. WHY? The server/monsters does not even know they exist.

How can it not?  I can see other peoples pets and that information has to be routed through the server to know to tell my client that something is there & render something.  The issue could be in how the game interacts with unrendered textures maybe?  Like, invisible walls/ceilings?

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #27 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 10:56am:
I 'suggest' you play every quest in the game, keeping an eye on anything that moves.

Ran Chrono and Proof since I figured no one else on Lam would.  Hit detection seems far, far improved, potentially to the point it is bugged.  Ranged combat is better in some cases, and worse in others.  XY environmentals (Like hitting door frames) is much better & you can 'thread a needle' with shots.  Z axis is worse now in some aspects.  Mobs on ledges for example were easier to hit from a low angle, but mobs that had 'ground' near them from above/below seemed near impervious.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #28 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 9:46pm
Print Post  

Sounds fair! Smiley

IP Logged

Azuphle
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:01pm:
How can it not?  I can see other peoples pets and that information has to be routed through the server to know to tell my client that something is there & render something.  The issue could be in how the game interacts with unrendered textures maybe?  Like, invisible walls/ceilings?

Probably: The server tells all the clients of the people who see your character: 'Hey that guy has a purple Kobold, it's called The Great Phallus, place it yourself'
So the Client puts it somewhere (most likely even for each person differently). The server doesnt care where this kobold is. Some dev posted something like that to calm down all the people who blamed pets for lag.
Since the combat calculations are probably (hopefully) done on the server side, the one doing the math has no idea where the purple kobold is levitating.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #30 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
*waves to the devs*

I'd actually like more in the way of suggestions about what you'd like us to check out, TBH. When you log in and there's 30 people and your brief is "uh... do stuff" it's a bit overwhelmingt. I don't mind helping to test stuff but the entirety of DDO's a bit much. Some suggestions would not go amiss (although I found a minor bug when trying to find an admin to ask, so I guess that's good Smiley )

Yeah, I rolled up a new character and played around on Korthos/Harbor over the weekend "doing stuff", but it would have been nice to have some idea of what "stuff" they wanted us to "do". Unless it was mainly endgame "stuff"...

[Edit] Ah, just saw Mouser's other post - so far, the only thing that seemed odd was that I had trouble breaking barrels/crates with thrown weapons if I was below them (say at the bottom of some stairs) - I simply could not break them unless I went to the top of the stairs and shot them from there. This was not related to pets or anything, since I didn't have any with me. Wasn't sure if it was a bug though (I didn't test it exhaustively), but after reading other posts I may go ahead and file a bug report anyway.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2012 at 8:05pm by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Apr 17th, 2012 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Oh, might be OFN but what I did notice is that the Lam-only TP persists through wipes.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 3:45pm
Print Post  

You're funny!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint