Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Elder Scrolls MMO (Read 319 times)
Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Elder Scrolls MMO
May 3rd, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Re: Elder Scrolls MMO
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on May 3rd, 2012 at 12:24pm:

Quote:
It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot.

I would have to think a minute about which Mythic doofus was which, but I think this probably puts it in the 'no flipping way' category for me.

Edited:
2001 Dark Age of Camelot (Producer/Design)
2002 Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles ( Producer/Design)
2003 Dark Age of Camelot: Trials of Atlantis (Exec. Producer)
2004 Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs (Exec Producer)

Yep, it is who I thought. Not going to touch this with a 10 foot pole.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2012 at 12:50pm by Bahgoon »  

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2012 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
I've also heard tell of Skyrim getting DLC that opens up Morrowind and Cyrodil as explorable areas....

IP Logged

Sasquatch
Korthos Resident

Bitey was a good cat

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2012 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
So assuming that the world hasn't ended as predicted....if this game is even remotely entertaining its goodbye DDO

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2012 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The Elder Scrolls Online is scheduled to come out in 2013 for both PC and Macintosh.

Damint!  I want it now!!!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I am just going to say this once, has elder scrolls released any o those games without more bugs then ddo? No.  I won't fucking waste a penny on it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

wumpus
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 4th, 2012 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 3rd, 2012 at 4:50pm:
I am just going to say this once, has elder scrolls released any o those games without more bugs then ddo? No.  I won't fucking waste a penny on it. 

And how many of those bugs did Bethesda *ever* fix?  Look up how many bugs were fixed for free by players (unofficial bugfixes) and ask yourself how that works in an MMO.  Also think about just how responsive Turbine is (yes they completely broke the game a few days ago, then turned around and fixed it) compared to Bethesda's fixes.

Elder Scrolls + mods are amazing games.  Unpatched unmodded Elder scrolls seems to be a requirement for MMOs.  I'll wait for someone else to try it first.

I haven't heard anything about console play (maybe the connections just won't work), but there is a prayer that there will be a decent UI if that is the case (only semi-likely).

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2012 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Bethesda is horrid at bug fixes.  Player mods are the only way to go with elder scrolls games.  They won't let the players clean up their mess when it goes into an mmo.  Just saying.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Sasquatch
Korthos Resident

Bitey was a good cat

Reply #8 - May 4th, 2012 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
I have painfully learned that a vast majority of computer games have bugs, like it or not. AoC had bugs, swtor had bugs, skyrim had bugs ddo has so many bugs six years after release, I've been told that WoW had bugs when it was first released, So I may as well not even play computer games anymore if my expectation is a completely bug free game. Goodbye sweet fantasy world! I will miss thee!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2012 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Sasquatch wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 3:53pm:
I have painfully learned that a vast majority of computer games have bugs, like it or not. AoC had bugs, swtor had bugs, skyrim had bugs ddo has so many bugs six years after release, I've been told that WoW had bugs when it was first released, So I may as well not even play computer games anymore if my expectation is a completely bug free game. Goodbye sweet fantasy world! I will miss thee!

No one said bug free.  Have you played the elder scrolls games? Are you fucking retarded? Do you even know what a bug or an exploit is? I think you should kill yourself now and save your mother the trouble of smothering you in your sleep.  Being that fucking stupid has to be extremely painful.

You should blame your parents.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2012 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
I've also heard tell of Skyrim getting DLC that opens up Morrowind and Cyrodil as explorable areas....

With one of the wall bugs you can get there if you are careful. Everything is much smaller though, like half size.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint