Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 38 Studios... all is not well in the Kingdom (Read 3175 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: 38 Studios... all is not well in the Kingdom
Reply #75 - May 30th, 2012 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 4:11pm:
Bless your heart.

God love you.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #76 - May 30th, 2012 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 11:13am:
The opinions of ignorant people don't matter to me, so your characterizations of my opinion bear as much significance as your shit, much like the validations of your opinion.

If you think Salvatore is a good writer, you need to read more.

If you think he is a bad writer, you need to leave your poor decrepit fantasy world and come to reality.  If he was bad, you would not have read 20 books, if he was bad, he wouldn't be the success he is today.  Is he great? Will he make timeless classics? No.  This in no way makes him a bad writer.  You don't like his style, so in your opinion, he is a bad writer.  The facts remain:
-You are an idiot.
-You think your opinion trumps reality.
-You can barely understand what is being said on forums, yet you want us to believe you understand a book? HAHAHAHA
-You are apart of the brainwashed masses.  You go with whatever some website says and instead of researching it, you believe it fully.  Your political posts prove that.  People tend to treat most ares of their life the same.

What is the definition of good? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/good

good   [good]  Show IPA adjective, bet·ter, best, noun, interjection, adverb
adjective
morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious: a good man.
satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
of high quality; excellent.
right; proper; fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
well-behaved: a good child.

His work is, by definition, satisfactory.  You don't only prove this by saying, "I read 20 books so I know what I am talking about", you prove this with every ignorant post you make on this fucking forum.  You sir, are an idiot.  Your admitted actions blatantly smack you in the face screaming of your hypocrisy.  Yet you still have the nerve to suggest otherwise.  You are the worst type of person out there.  You deny reality, your actions prove that you accept reality begrudgingly, yet you fight to stay blind.  People like you have crossed that line from ignorant to flat out stupid.  Would you like the definition difference between stupid and ignorant? How about satisfactory? Do you understand now? Or would you like me to continue delving into that pathetic little hypocrisy of yours?

You should blame your parents.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #77 - May 30th, 2012 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 3:47pm:
I only read stuff that is directly related to me, or factually incorrect. Generally I don't read any of your posts, since they don't fit that criteria.

How do you know if a post qualifies before you read it?

fnord

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - May 30th, 2012 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 5:54pm:
If you think he is a bad writer, you need to leave your poor decrepit fantasy world and come to reality.  If he was bad, you would not have read 20 books, if he was bad, he wouldn't be the success he is today.  Is he great? Will he make timeless classics? No.  This in no way makes him a bad writer.  You don't like his style, so in your opinion, he is a bad writer.  The facts remain:
-You are an idiot.
-You think your opinion trumps reality.
-You can barely understand what is being said on forums, yet you want us to believe you understand a book? HAHAHAHA
-You are apart of the brainwashed masses.  You go with whatever some website says and instead of researching it, you believe it fully.  Your political posts prove that.  People tend to treat most ares of their life the same.

What is the definition of good? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/good

good   [good]  Show IPA adjective, bet·ter, best, noun, interjection, adverb
adjective
morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious: a good man.
satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
of high quality; excellent.
right; proper; fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
well-behaved: a good child.

His work is, by definition, satisfactory.  You don't only prove this by saying, "I read 20 books so I know what I am talking about", you prove this with every ignorant post you make on this fucking forum.  You sir, are an idiot.  Your admitted actions blatantly smack you in the face screaming of your hypocrisy.  Yet you still have the nerve to suggest otherwise.  You are the worst type of person out there.  You deny reality, your actions prove that you accept reality begrudgingly, yet you fight to stay blind.  People like you have crossed that line from ignorant to flat out stupid.  Would you like the definition difference between stupid and ignorant? How about satisfactory? Do you understand now? Or would you like me to continue delving into that pathetic little hypocrisy of yours?

You should blame your parents.

It's amazing how much time people will spend, trying to convince someone else they're wrong when, in essence, all they end up doing is proving themselves a moron.

The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - May 30th, 2012 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 4:55pm:
Oh, and if you want D&D fiction what are your options?

Salvatore
Gygax's early Gord the Rogue books
Hickman & Weis's first two Dragonlance trilogies

And?  A huge drop off.

Ed Greenwood? Troy Denning?  Terrible.  Awful.  Being a good DM or Module Writer does not make you a good novelist. 

Raymond Feist is marginally better, though not a great deal better.

The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #80 - May 30th, 2012 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 9:15pm:
Raymond Feist is marginally better, though not a great deal better.

Which D&D books did Raymond Feist write?  I must have missed those.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #81 - May 31st, 2012 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 9:12pm:
It's amazing how much time people will spend, trying to convince someone else they're wrong when, in essence, all they end up doing is proving themselves a moron.

I see you have no rebuttal.  I am assuming this your sad attempt to try and turn this around and focus on me.  Acceptance is the first step.  I know it is hard, you can do it though.  Well, probably not, you are pretty stupid.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #82 - May 31st, 2012 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Reading all this reminds on a friend in Spain that translated a lot of these fantasy books to spanish.

Once he had to translate a book about Werewolfs. I cannot remember the Autor. He was from the USA and his surename was greek (something-poulous), and, obviously, had a beard.
At that time I was sharing the Appartment with this friend. I remember vividly  how he would stand up in rage from the chair screaming "this fucking gay bearded greek Assfucker, I will fly to the USA only to strangle him with my own hand and then piss on his warm corpse".

By the way, he also translated a very good book that I can only recommend: "The Scar" from China Nieville.

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - May 31st, 2012 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 1:36am:
I see you have no rebuttal.  I am assuming this your sad attempt to try and turn this around and focus on me.  Acceptance is the first step.  I know it is hard, you can do it though.  Well, probably not, you are pretty stupid.

Your focus is on me, therefore a focus on you becomes fair game, moron.

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - May 31st, 2012 at 8:56am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 9:47pm:
Which D&D books did Raymond Feist write?  I must have missed those.

The book I read was Krondor the Betrayal. Technically, the author's name is Raymond E. Feist.

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - May 31st, 2012 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Quote:
By the way, he also translated a very good book that I can only recommend: "The Scar" from China Nieville.

Nieville is a relatively new author and I haven't read any, but the books have won a lot of awards.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #86 - May 31st, 2012 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 8:58am:
Nieville is a relatively new author and I haven't read any, but the books have won a lot of awards.

I read Perdido Street Station, which was pretty good.  It didn't change my life or anything, but it was an enjoyable read.

The name is China Mieville, btw.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #87 - May 31st, 2012 at 9:09am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on May 30th, 2012 at 8:26pm:
How do you know if a post qualifies before you read it?

I didn't read this.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #88 - May 31st, 2012 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 8:56am:
The book I read was Krondor the Betrayal. Technically, the author's name is Raymond E. Feist.

I was actually hoping that he had written a couple of D&D novels and that you weren't just talking about Riftwar novels.  It would have been nice to get to read another D&D novel that wasn't complete trash.  There aren't many.

fnord

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #89 - May 31st, 2012 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 9:03am:
I read Perdido Street Station, which was pretty good.  It didn't change my life or anything, but it was an enjoyable read.

The name is China Mieville, btw.

Mieville, sorry, you are right.

Perdido...it was OK, but "The Scar" is really GREAT. It is bizarr, it is epic, funny and very fantastic.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #90 - May 31st, 2012 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 8:53am:
Your focus is on me, therefore a focus on you becomes fair game, moron.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD REREAD WHAT I SAID YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

Do you have any reading comprehension? Do you even know what it is? Every fucking post you make shows you have no idea what the fuck is being said.

I will break this down for you since I know you are too stupid to understand - i said your attempt was pathetic.  Why do you prove yourself to be such an idiot with every post?  At least Salvatore has reading comprehension.  Apparently, more then you can ever hope to have.

I take back what I said about blaming your parents. 
I feel sorry your parents had to end up with someone like yourself.  Unless of course they died when you were a baby or child.  Then I am glad they didn't see the outcome of not swallowing.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

wumpus
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - May 31st, 2012 at 11:10am
Print Post  

Salvatore
Gygax's early Gord the Rogue books

And?  A huge drop off.

Ed Greenwood? Troy Denning?  Terrible.  Awful.  Being a good DM or Module Writer does not make you a good novelist. 

Gygax?  His writing certainly was never a selling point of the DMG.  I've heard horror stories about his fiction.  No will to dare that stuff.

Gygax did include a bibiolography of suggested reading before TSR discovered the goldmine of publishing fanfic.  Fritz Leiber leaps to mind, as does Micheal Moorcock.  That said, had it been published when I was 12-14 I would likely have eaten it up (I really *wanted* fiction that matched what I wanted my characters to do).  Also, if you are too old to get grief over the name "Moorcock", you are probably too old for Elric (think of him as Drizzt for fogies).

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #92 - May 31st, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 10:59am:

Do you have any reading comprehension? Do you even know what it is? Every fucking post you make shows you have no idea what the fuck is being said.

I will break this down for you since I know you are too stupid to understand - i said your attempt was pathetic.  Why do you prove yourself to be such an idiot with every post?  At least Salvatore has reading comprehension.  Apparently, more then you can ever hope to have.

I feel sorry your parents had to end up with someone like yourself.  Unless of course they died when you were a baby or child.  Then I am glad they didn't see the outcome of not swallowing.

Face it, Epoch, you must be a terrible writer.

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #93 - May 31st, 2012 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 10:59am:

http://notalwaysright.com/the-linguistic-frontier/20406?utm_source=feedburner&ut...

Its because you are speaking Alaskan.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #94 - May 31st, 2012 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
wumpus wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 11:10am:
Gygax?  His writing certainly was never a selling point of the DMG.  I've heard horror stories about his fiction.  No will to dare that stuff.

Gygax did include a bibiolography of suggested reading before TSR discovered the goldmine of publishing fanfic.  Fritz Leiber leaps to mind, as does Micheal Moorcock.  That said, had it been published when I was 12-14 I would likely have eaten it up (I really *wanted* fiction that matched what I wanted my characters to do).  Also, if you are too old to get grief over the name "Moorcock", you are probably too old for Elric (think of him as Drizzt for fogies).

Gygax's first 2 books in the Gord the Rogue series were solid, IMO.  He went off the rails pretty quickly after he left TSR and published the remaining 4 books.  But, at that point he had an axe to grind with TSR.  In the final book, he destroys Oreth entirely, effectively ending the Greyhawk setting, from his perspective.  A total literary "Fuck You" to TSR.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #95 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Well at the risk of making an on-topic post, 38 studios is officially dead.  They have lost all of their workers because not getting paid will have that effect..  Rhode Island now owns a dead game company.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #96 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  

Salvatore

And?  A huge drop off.

Pretty much this, although the lastest RAS trilogy hasn't really been all that great, imo.  He needs to finish it all and move on to a new character.  At this point, the entire Drizzt series is dragging on.

I'm actually rereading all the Weis/Hickman novels.  Those are still some of my favorite fantasy novels and the reason I like DnD in the first place.

You know who also sucks?  Keith Baker.  I read his Dreaming Dark trilogy about a year ago (thinking it would be similar to DDO lore - I know...dumb on my part) and it made no sense.  I didn't even understand the ending to all three.  They didn't tie all that well and the books were boring as hell.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #97 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 6:02pm:
They have lost all of their workers because not getting paid will have that effect

Um...they were all let go...

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #98 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on May 31st, 2012 at 6:04pm:
Um...they were all let go...

This is debatable depending on which source you read.  Some were let go yes, but the report I read said that even the ones that worked some this month (May) have not been paid for any of that work.  The last paychecks given out were Apr 30.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #99 - May 31st, 2012 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
They were laid off due to the studio being unable to pay.

Schilling is going to be down $50 million of his personal money, and has dropped 33lbs or so due to stress (from yahoo games)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint