Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) League of Legends anyone? (Read 1271 times)
Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Re: League of Legends anyone?
Reply #25 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Balthazar wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 12:13am:
Yeah it takes a while, im at about 1250 ELO and dont expect to leave it in the near future. I need to get much better at farming and map awareness before I'll be able to drag myself up from there.

Farming is key. I hate getting into games where the carry starts just auto attacking everything it see's.... Its like chill the fuck out and just last hit... We dont need to push the lane at 02:12 lol  Grin

Map awareness can be a bitch. Ive gotten pretty good at it . Love playing teemo can easyly solo push lanes late game if you shroom up all the entrances.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #26 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 6:21pm:
Farming is key. I hate getting into games where the carry starts just auto attacking everything it see's.... Its like chill the fuck out and just last hit... We dont need to push the lane at 02:12 lol  Grin

Map awareness can be a bitch. Ive gotten pretty good at it . Love playing teemo can easyly solo push lanes late game if you shroom up all the entrances.

Effectively split pushing can win many low ELO and regular games. I know it worked great for me when I was all about Twitch!

Higher ELO all split pushing does is ensure that your team loses the ensuing 4v5 teamfight that the other team initiates. GG!

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #27 - Jul 6th, 2012 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Balthazar wrote on Jul 6th, 2012 at 8:52am:
Effectively split pushing can win many low ELO and regular games. I know it worked great for me when I was all about Twitch!

Higher ELO all split pushing does is ensure that your team loses the ensuing 4v5 teamfight that the other team initiates. GG!

Yeah i hate playing in random ranked..... So random. Sometimes a great team sometimes total tards. I love in the normal que how u can just go with Yi with super ad and as and back door every turret with highlander and wuju style lol/.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Added Breaken, Unibari and Hellath here... just started last week and finally understand the draw of the game.

btw... my name is Tusck on there.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I may have declined you Milton, I will send an invite when I get home if I remember. LOL

I have a group of west coasters that I "team" with alot, there are 6 of us so we often get 2+ together to play with Skype and rude comments. 

The best advise I found for ME, I wish someone would have told me sooner - just because someone you played with/against is good with Champion X, does not mean that is a good champion, nor that you should practice that one until you are good with it.  Find a couple champs you like & that you play well with WITH YOUR PLAYSTYLE, then learn what makes THOSE champions great.

btw my usual champs - Tristana (you get free if you friend them on FB); Jaxx; Nautalis; Kayle; and trying to learn Riven.
I started well with Twisted Fate but just never got the real hang of him.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Ya... I seem to excel personally in a hit and run ganking role... First toon i tried that i was somewhat decent at was Akali...

So I went and bought the cheapy Poppy and am playing her pretty consistantly now... got a decent build of the net for her... and I kinda end up second in kills on my team fairly consistently.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #31 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Yeah i am lvl 30 so when i teamed with unibari it was a mixed up grp. I think i was laned with the low lvls from the other side i completely slaughtered them. Then i think unibari was up against the others lvl 30s lol.

Quote:

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Heh... i think all 3 of ya rejected my friend invite...

I KNEW participating in the P&R forum would get me blacklisted. :p

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #33 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:09am:

I never got the request i sent one to u
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:49am by Breaken »  

Quote:

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #34 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Jul 14th, 2012 at 1:09am:

yeah that will teach you to have a unique opinion on things that matter!

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #35 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Im sorry, whats yer handle? Mine is Hellath, Ill accept this time.

EDIT:

Sorry i see it, TUSCK, I just never accepted it and logged out, sometimes that stops the request.

My bad.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:31am by Balthazar »  

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #36 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:35am
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Jul 13th, 2012 at 5:35pm:
I may have declined you Milton, I will send an invite when I get home if I remember. LOL

I have a group of west coasters that I "team" with alot, there are 6 of us so we often get 2+ together to play with Skype and rude comments. 

The best advise I found for ME, I wish someone would have told me sooner - just because someone you played with/against is good with Champion X, does not mean that is a good champion, nor that you should practice that one until you are good with it.  Find a couple champs you like & that you play well with WITH YOUR PLAYSTYLE, then learn what makes THOSE champions great.

btw my usual champs - Tristana (you get free if you friend them on FB); Jaxx; Nautalis; Kayle; and trying to learn Riven.
I started well with Twisted Fate but just never got the real hang of him.

People that are GOOD with TF are very few and far between, hes an absolute beast of a ganker and mid in the right hands, so much so hes banned the majority of pro games. Shen has the same problem, a global teleport ult for ganking and saving peoples asses. TF's isnt global, but it may as well be when hes laning mid.

My best are Singed, Malphite, Amumu, Udyr and Soraka. I jungle and support mainly.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #37 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Yeah but if you carefull you can avoid tf's gank it gives you a pretty good warning. If i am lead i usually ban , rammus, shen, shaco, sometimes kassadan. Shaco isnt all that bad it just saves money in the long run not having to buy a shit ton of expensive wards for the river or oracles.

Quote:

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #38 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
On another note being getting pretty pissed at the number of fucked up glitches... Biggest one bothering me atm is it seems with tristana, if you rocket jump, It treats other enemies single target skills as not being your current location but being when you started the jump as long as they have you targeted it hits. Learned this as i got ulti'd by darius when i was almost back on the ground WAY out of range of his ulti, ANd another one is sion shooting is stun at me when i was mid way through the air and was barely in his circle when i jumped.

Quote:

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #39 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:20pm:
On another note being getting pretty pissed at the number of fucked up glitches... Biggest one bothering me atm is it seems with tristana, if you rocket jump, It treats other enemies single target skills as not being your current location but being when you started the jump as long as they have you targeted it hits. Learned this as i got ulti'd by darius when i was almost back on the ground WAY out of range of his ulti, ANd another one is sion shooting is stun at me when i was mid way through the air and was barely in his circle when i jumped.

Its not a bug, its a "feature" its meant to be that way. Been that way forever, poppy's charge will bring people back from flashes and recalls if it hits before they finish. It's all a question of who hit first and lag really.
Because of ping times you may THINK you hit yer jump before he hit his ulti, but the server registered his first, so while your client jumped, the ulti still hits you since the server saw the ulti come in first.

Thats why playing with a ping time of over 100 or so is a big disadvantage.

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #40 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:17pm:
Yeah but if you carefull you can avoid tf's gank it gives you a pretty good warning. If i am lead i usually ban , rammus, shen, shaco, sometimes kassadan. Shaco isnt all that bad it just saves money in the long run not having to buy a shit ton of expensive wards for the river or oracles.

Yeah, that the thing about a "good" tf verses a great one. the great ones ganks you wont notice because they will port into a bush, or you wont avoid because they appear right behind you, stun you tri card you then maybe stun you again all while they are AAing you as well.

Thats why hes banned alot in high elo. Im still about 1250 so hes not banned much here. Malph, shen morg are pretty much every game bans unless someone banning drops the ball. Or yer first pick and can lock in one of them with it.

I've played shen a total of 4 times now, hes an absolute OP beast. I dont think I've lost a game with him, and I really have no idea how to play him lol!

EDIT: Oh, DONT ban rammus dude, he pretty much gets owned by every other jungler out there with his nerfs. yer better off banning malph, karthus or soraka.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:42am by Balthazar »  

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #41 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Yeah but odds are most tf's pop everyones local before they do their port. THis totally gives that shit away. And about the lag thing , My ping i always low. The game just has some stupid features... Like several times i have used voli's throw back and sent them forwars????? some walls if you use big knockbacks it will send the enemy through them instead of hitting them....

Quote:

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #42 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:54pm:
Yeah but odds are most tf's pop everyones local before they do their port. THis totally gives that shit away. And about the lag thing , My ping i always low. The game just has some stupid features... Like several times i have used voli's throw back and sent them forwars????? some walls if you use big knockbacks it will send the enemy through them instead of hitting them....

Hence my statement about TF being hard to be good with.

The throws are different than stuff like poppy and ali's charge, popy and ali are supposed to knock them into walls, voli and singed are meant to throw people over walls. People actually use it as an escape in certain situations.

I have seen ali's charge knock minions thru walls never a player since a patch a few months ago though. Poppy's ive never seen that with.

They are borking malphite hard today, sad times, looks like I may have to start jungling amumu more... sigh.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #43 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
No Volli is supposed to throw them over his head, But several times ive dived to throw their carry out to our carry's range and it sent them flying the wrong way lol.

Quote:

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #44 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:36pm:
No Volli is supposed to throw them over his head, But several times ive dived to throw their carry out to our carry's range and it sent them flying the wrong way lol.

throwing the wrong way prolly is a bug, I was saying that THROWS can thro over jungle walls and do and is a valid escape tactic.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #45 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Balthazar wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 11:26am:
throwing the wrong way prolly is a bug, I was saying that THROWS can thro over jungle walls and do and is a valid escape tactic.

I am talking about knockbacks there. I know you dont get xtra dmg from making them hit wall with allistar and tristana's but i would rather them hit wall instead of shoot through it lol.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2012 at 5:59pm by Breaken »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #46 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 5:58pm:
I am talking about knockbacks there. I know you dont get xtra dmg from making them hit wall with allistar and tristana's but i would rather them hit wall instead of shoot through it lol.

Yeah the ali bug was big for a while, I havent seen it literally in months though, is it really still out there.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Got my grubby hands on a beta key for Dota 2...

Its alot less forgiving.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #48 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:43pm:
Got my grubby hands on a beta key for Dota 2...

Its alot less forgiving.

I hated dota such a horrid game. Or was that heroes of newerth. Ne ways Let me know if its any good.

Quote:

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:15pm:
I hated dota such a horrid game. Or was that heroes of newerth. Ne ways Let me know if its any good.

I've only played around 12 hours or so... but i can say its much harder to understand the game compared to LoL. After putting in 12 hours into LoL i felt i had understood the game pretty well... and all the rest was just refining my twitch skills to get good at it.

For Dota 2 i still feel very lost at times, for example it was only the late stages of my last game when i realized i could use my level up upgrades to upgrade stats as well as abilities.... Those kinda extra choices definitely make coming up with decent builds a tougher job. Though the word is to upgrade yer abilities first and then upgrade yer stats.

The shop window is smaller and its less intuitive to navigate. There's no free teleport, you need to buy scrolls to do that, though there are items courriers that will bring items to ya.

Active Skills on items seem to be more important than passives... so ya need to be skilled in that area as well.

Stuns last alot longer, so ya gotta run away quicker if ya get into trouble. Abilities have a significantly longer range it seems, and the map is bigger.

Getting yer last hits in is much more important, and denying others their last hits (killing your own creeps and towers) seems just as important.

Having all champions available is a little daunting for noobs like myself.

Now having said all that... I'll be sticking with Dota 2... its harder, but seems to have a bit more depth to it... to me i think you'll see the games differentiate between those that like to drive automatics and those who prefer stick shift.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint