Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So whats broken? (Read 20900 times)
NUDS
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: So whats broken?
Reply #50 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Feather_of_Sun
Quote:
Fragment drops in u13 quests are currently broken. Fixed in the upcoming Patch 1.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=379832&highlight=epic+token

Aww I was gonna get some easy tokens too

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Looks like the new spell power effects were just shoehorned into cannith crafting. Maybe this was in the beta and I missed it but...

When I went to craft casting shards for my divines I found 2-4 different recipes for the exact same shard...requiring the exact same number and type of ingredients (although with either good and divine essences able to be used for radiance/brilliance), but with DIFFERENT crafting levels.

For example, +60 equipment bonus to radiance has recipes at level 53, 56, 64, and 68, but as far as I can tell there is no difference in the resulting effect. And no, none of these I listed are "flexible" shards, though flexible shards do exist (with recipes for +60 at levels 125, 128, 132, and 135 -lulzy)

Not a huge deal I guess, but its sloppy and I would like to see those higher level recipes actually give a higher bonus.  You really ought to be able to craft higher than +66 in my opinion.

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:32pm by Wyni »  

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #52 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Can't select difficulty level in quests. Also having issues entering on Epic. I think that would count as "broken". Anyone else having this?

Specific example: trying to run The Snitch on Epic. Enter the level resets to 5. Party member watching sees the highlight change back to the default: normal, non-epic.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #53 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:35pm:
Can't select difficulty level in quests. Also having issues entering on Epic. I think that would count as "broken". Anyone else having this?

Specific example: trying to run The Snitch on Epic. Enter the level resets to 5. Party member watching sees the highlight change back to the default: normal, non-epic.

It's in the known issues. It's supposed to have something to do with running challenges before entering the quest. The workaround is to log out and back in.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #54 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
pape wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:17pm:
Bugs I have noticed:

- Clicking on the Exclamation Point Icon for a closed ticket will crash game

- The end of the  Guild Renown Bar now pokes out of its holder

- I still die repeatedly in epics. Oh wait, thats not a bug.

You're right, that's not a bug, it's a feature.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #55 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Wyni wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:28pm:
Looks like the new spell power effects were just shoehorned into cannith crafting. Maybe this was in the beta and I missed it but...

When I went to craft casting shards for my divines I found 2-4 different recipes for the exact same shard...requiring the exact same number and type of ingredients (although with either good and divine essences able to be used for radiance/brilliance), but with DIFFERENT crafting levels.

For example, +60 equipment bonus to radiance has recipes at level 53, 56, 64, and 68, but as far as I can tell there is no difference in the resulting effect. And no, none of these I listed are "flexible" shards, though flexible shards do exist (with recipes for +60 at levels 125, 128, 132, and 135 -lulzy)

Not a huge deal I guess, but its sloppy and I would like to see those higher level recipes actually give a higher bonus.  You really ought to be able to craft higher than +66 in my opinion.

I actually saw a dev post about that and it was left that way on purpose so that there wouldn't be holes in the leveling shards for Cannith crafting that would lead to people getting stuck.  It will get cleared up eventually when they have the time and energy to go over Cannith crafting more, but having multiple junk shards that do the same thing isn't a bad thing for leveling your crafter since the leveling shards that you make are essentially all junk anyway.

also, if it sounds like I'm defending Turbine fairly often today, it's only because I can actually see some reasonable decision making behind some of it and the stuff that is just plain glaringly stupid has enough people pointing out the glaring stupidity so I don't need to add in.  I've just been enjoying the theatrics.

fnord

IP Logged

Hunter
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
They have broken FvS' wings. They cannot fly anymore. Fly like they did before. 5 per rest? Are they kidding us?

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #57 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
They broke Fred  Embarrassed

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4544194

Will be better Soon(tm)

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 5:22pm:
Hmmm... 

A quick phone call to their customer support seems to have solved the problem.  Post call, logging out then logging in shows what should be there.

Really weird problem.

So Turbine customer support actually had to do something to your account to fix your tomes?

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #59 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:31am
Print Post  
After IQ2 quests on hard today,  got to choose between  a Masterwork Quarterstaff  and a masterwork Maul as an end reward.   Also had some reward lists with the funky new stuff.

A bunch of us who had been to Eveningstar couldn't get into Servants of the Overlord at all to help a guildie flag, and then one of us couldn't get in to the Rift one after having done it with us before.   Got error messages that we couldn't enter because we were further up the quest chain.  Doubt that that is WAI.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Well, I am happy that I am going in a week for three weeks for a vacation... and this week I have no time to play. I hope they fix some major problems til them.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #61 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:49pm:
They broke Fred  Embarrassed

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4544194

Will be better Soon(tm)

They broke him, and sent him to vacation so we dont get to trade epic feats for regular ones.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #62 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Not broken, but the clicky on Tokala's gives a 20 alchemical bonus to spellpower and does seem like it stacks with the shitty plus 6 bonus my ardor clickies.turned into. Forget what they were typed as at the moment.

Armor class and damage resistance changes were definitely noticeable. In a solo epic normal devil assault, my cleric stood tower shield blocking some orthons and archers for a long time with a ton of misses. Seemed like more than the stated 40% defense. With physical resistance, the orthons were no threat. The crippling hits from the archers were the most annoying part. I went from a number I didn't care about in the mid 30s to a modestly effective 51 overnight. I can see why a player who ground out a 98 AC before would be pissed at losing 30% of their effectiveness. But their overall damage numbers may be going down, just not the special effects like healing curses. 

Loading seems lots faster.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #63 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 4:21pm:
Looks like if you were banking XP you lost that XP and fell all the way back to the start of the last level you took.

Edited:
Damn.  Looks like it's display only.  That would have been a great rage generator.

LOL Yeah it was...my 3rd life monk was at 18 with enough xp to cap. When I logged in and saw 0/387000 my mind immediately equated that to 2 levels worth of XP lost and I shit a little rag doll (aka raged on official forums)

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #64 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Devotion and Potency amp heal scrolls.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Item base prices are broken. Used to be that you'd routinely see 9.8k and 12k weapons, sometimes 16k weapons. During the recent loot boost, there were 20k and 24k weapons.

Now everything caps at ~8k base price, which I guess will keep inflation down?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #66 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
Item base prices are broken. Used to be that you'd routinely see 9.8k and 12k weapons, sometimes 16k weapons. During the recent loot boost, there were 20k and 24k weapons.

Now everything caps at ~8k base price, which I guess will keep inflation down?

Meh, I decon everything that doesn't go on the AH.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #67 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Jun 26th, 2012 at 8:38am:
Devotion and Potency amp heal scrolls.

That's not "broken". Or at least that's what my characters who can use Heal scrolls tell me Smiley

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #68 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:20am:
So Turbine customer support actually had to do something to your account to fix your tomes?

Yes.

Though they wouldn't give me details.  Just told me after about a 20 min or so call (not counting holding time to get  someone) to try logging out and then logging back in now.

Who knows man, I was perplexed.  Didn't see any need to inquire further as they actually fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:57am by Madcow430 »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #69 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Any quest that uses Binding Chains crashes the Client.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=380022

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
ML1 quest rewards from IQ, DD, Reaver's Refuge and Vale quests.  Joy.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Speakin of DD: Raiding the Giant's Vault on a non TR3 Premium. "invalid difficulty", or whatever.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #72 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Race restricted Docents!!!

Woot at random gen loot!

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
dubyprime wrote on Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:55pm:
Race restricted Docents!!!

Woot at random gen loot!

Tony Stark is a human and uses a docent. I donīt see the problem.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #74 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tony Stark is a human and uses a docent. I donīt see the problem.

lol.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint