Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guild Wars 2 Launch Date (Read 4434 times)
Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Date
Reply #100 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:43pm:
I started to play last night, Dragonbrand was full and out of the 3 medium capacity USA servers, I picked Anvil Rock.

I'm on Yaks Bend, raping your server in wvwvw.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Stele
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Everything feels so foreign and sluggish to me. I tried to make the controls DDOish but I may have just made it harder.

Can't help you with the slow and sluggish, but if you hold the right mouse button down 99% of the time this will put you in mouse look/FPS/DDO mode.

There are/were threads on the forums asking for a mouse look toggle citing DDO's ease of use.

Anyone else having trouble initiating attacks? I have 'attack 1' set on auto-attack but have to hit '1' whenever a targetted mob comes into range, is this WAI?

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #102 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
I started to play last night, Dragonbrand was full and out of the 3 medium capacity USA servers, I picked Anvil Rock.

Started a Human Guardian...might try some other classes. Everything feels so foreign and sluggish to me. I tried to make the controls DDOish but I may have just made it harder.

Invo space is severely limited...what is the fastest way to increase that? Should I bother with crafting this early?

1. server transfers are free for first few days (think this is still up) so if you wanted to get with the rest of those people you could for free with no char/item loss.

2. inv isnt actually as bad as it seems. if you look in your top right of your inv you'll see a cog or gear symbol. if you click that and hit deposit all collectibles (crafting mats and other various things) it will go into a seperate account shared bank. you can access your collectibles from any crafting station or bank and it holds the entire stack of the items. also at vendors you can click "sell junk" to get rid of things like trophies. also your bank is account shared so you cant create multiple chars for their banks but you can easily use their inv for muling. also pretty easy to move stuff around since logging in/out is fast.

one semi decent thing about starting crafting early is its relatively cheap and easy to make 8 slot bags. any armoring/clothing craft skill can make them. dont know what materials the armors use for bags but for leatherworking (medium armor) you use loot from the skins of regular critters you kill and leather pieces drop all over.

if you have other questions i can probably answer it lol. especially about pvp stuff if any of you are into that.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 6:21pm:
one semi decent thing about starting crafting early is its relatively cheap and easy to make 8 slot bags. any armoring/clothing craft skill can make them. dont know what materials the armors use for bags but for leatherworking (medium armor) you use loot from the skins of regular critters you kill and leather pieces drop all over.

Ditto for tailor and the heavy armor smith.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #104 - Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:02am:
SWTOR's issues were:

*snip* all true

...I can't see Guild wars who are building on a successful MMO making most of these rookie mistakes.  As it stands, it's a PvP MMO so one would hope they don't F up 3 and 4.

This last part is what i was thinking about, GW2 is a pvp game and  many many people playing it are pve players so my guess is they will move on at some point, like peeps did in swtor, because there is no end game other than pvp and even then that's not really end game with the scaling.

Pvp can get boring when that's all there is to a game once you've reached max level/max gear etc, just give it a few months for the hype train to slow down and peeps to burn out.

« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:54pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #105 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 11:46pm:
This last part is what i was thinking about, GW2 is a pvp game and  many many people playing it are pve players so my guess is they will move on at some point, like peeps did in swtor, because there is no end game other than pvp and even then that's not really end game with the scaling.

Pvp can get boring when that's all there is to a game once you've reached max level/max gear etc, just give it a few months for the hype train to slow down and peeps to burn out.

Obv you have done 0 research on the subject....

The whole game is endgame. No matter what level you are you can go back to any dungeon and any area and get xp for skill points and gear. They already said they will add in new world events and rotate out differnt ones to keep things new and changing. There are several other dragons they will realease content for to fight.

After you kill all the dragons... Well there is the continent of elona and cantha. Seems to me they have plenty of content to work with.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #106 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:00am:
Obv you have done 0 research on the subject....

The whole game is endgame. No matter what level you are you can go back to any dungeon and any area and get xp for skill points and gear. They already said they will add in new world events and rotate out differnt ones to keep things new and changing. There are several other dragons they will realease content for to fight.

After you kill all the dragons... Well there is the continent of elona and cantha. Seems to me they have plenty of content to work with.

Obviously your not getting what i am saying, which is when you have run through all the content there's only pvp left. As for gear unless things have changed it will be like gw1 where all gear has the same stats just different skins.

As for new world events hmm oky we shall see if it will be like they say or more like rift, saying the "whole game is endgame" is silly and like saying kothos is endgame because you can tr. It's more like there is no endgame unless you want to grind out achievements.

GW2 is a game for anyone that doesn't really want to put any effort into anything and just log on and play, kinda like a single player shooter.  This is why i think eventually some peeps will get bored with it.

I played all of gw1 and this is how it was, once you did the main content and story lines most peeps moved on till an expansion came out or what not, it's part of why the model of b2p was viable.

I don't see how "rift like events" will keep people playing once they get through the story and get bored of pvp.  I do however see peeps quitting and maybe coming back for an "expansion".

I do hope the game does well though as i enjoyed gw.

« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2012 at 10:47am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #107 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Stele wrote on Aug 31st, 2012 at 1:20pm:
Anyone else having trouble initiating attacks? I have 'attack 1' set on auto-attack but have to hit '1' whenever a targetted mob comes into range, is this WAI?

WAI.
Options > Combat > Stop auto-attacking upon target change
It's checked by default.  Uncheck it.  Look at your options next time. This ticket will now be closed.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Sep 1st, 2012 at 10:45am:
As for gear unless things have changed it will be like gw1 where all gear has the same stats just different skins.

Wait, have you even played the game?  Its great that you dont like it, and try to point issues out, but until you have played the games, your comments are... empty and not worth arguing over.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #109 - Sep 1st, 2012 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:38pm:
Wait, have you even played the game?  Its great that you dont like it, and try to point issues out, but until you have played the games, your comments are... empty and not worth arguing over.

How dare you suggest silkys ignorant opinions are stupid!  What about silkys feelings? WHAT ABOUT SILKYS FEELINGS?!

Just because silky is on par with a retarded 3 yr old doesn't mean you should make fun of it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #110 - Sep 2nd, 2012 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
I broke down and got GW2.  What server are people on? I would reread the thread but the mere idea was taxing.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #111 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:37am
Print Post  
I think they're spread out a bit.
All I know is that Gawna, Breaken and I are on Dragonbrand.  And Stainer when he gets back home.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:37am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #112 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 2nd, 2012 at 10:06pm:
I broke down and got GW2.  What server are people on? I would reread the thread but the mere idea was taxing.

Your DDO guildies are on Dragonbrand I think, I was going to join but it was full when I logged on for the first time. I hit Anvil Rock.

I like how it can be played in a pseudo single player style.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #113 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Whenever you log in check the bottom left of the char select screen.  World Select.  Transfers are free at the moment, and they just raised the server limits on accounts, so it might be open again.

That is also where the Guesting function will be once it gets implemented.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #114 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 12:39am:
Whenever you log in check the bottom left of the char select screen.  World Select.  Transfers are free at the moment, and they just raised the server limits on accounts, so it might be open again.

That is also where the Guesting function will be once it gets implemented.

Legend.

Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #115 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Nah can't change to Dragonbrand, it is Full.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #116 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Yeah, cant make any toons over there.  I dont think it goes by full/high/med/low depending on how many are online at a time like most mmos.  Think it goes by total.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #117 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 2:23am:
Yeah, cant make any toons over there.  I dont think it goes by full/high/med/low depending on how many are online at a time like most mmos.  Think it goes by total.

Yea I wasn't sure either way when I made the first character, but looks like they have a limit on accounts per world. They stopped selling the game through their own site too a day or 2 ago.

Pst, hey, over here Ffffffnando, here is a book and a leaf.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #118 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 9:35am
Print Post  
That's exactly how it works.  But they raised the limits a few days ago so I thought there might have been a chance for some openings.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #119 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
I am on the same server as gawna - looks like they upped the limits today.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #120 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 11:41am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Sep 1st, 2012 at 3:38pm:

Hmm i get busy for a few days and the reading impaired get snippy lol.

I never said i didn't like the game, just that i thought it would slow down after the initial new/fun factor goes down a little and explained why. I even said i liked the first game and hoped this one did well.

And yes i have tried it, i just don't own the game and as such they may have changed some things I'm not aware of but i highly doubt they changed how armor works, about the only way to customize it is via dyes and runes.

Anyways have fun those that have bought it, I personally will be waiting for the price to go down some.

Epoch wrote on Sep 1st, 2012 at 5:34pm:
How dare you suggest silkys ignorant opinions are stupid!  What about silkys feelings? WHAT ABOUT SILKYS FEELINGS?!

Just because silky is on par with a retarded 3 yr old doesn't mean you should make fun of it.

Says the guy that likes to eat the yellow snow lol
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2012 at 11:43am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #121 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:21pm:
I am on the same server as gawna - looks like they upped the limits today. 

Oh, snap!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #122 - Sep 4th, 2012 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Sep 4th, 2012 at 11:41am:
Says the guy that likes to eat the yellow snow lol

I think you have me confused with daddy.  I know you wish I could be your parental figure instead of your actual father, this is not the case.  If I had a child as stupid as you I would give it a merciful death instead of allowing it the despair of retardation with the belief that is not.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #123 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Ascalonian Catacombs was pretty decent.  You better watch where the fuck you are at all times, because shit hits HARD.
Opening the final fight, the King looks directly at me.... and fucking ONE SHOT me at range.
I was like, "Hey, the fight's starti - Oh, I'm dead already.  WTF!"
Seriously, I was down before I even had a chance to use a single fucking skill.
And that was story mode.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #124 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 4th, 2012 at 9:13pm:
I think you have me confused with daddy.  I know you wish I could be your parental figure instead of your actual father, this is not the case.  If I had a child as stupid as you I would give it a merciful death instead of allowing it the despair of retardation with the belief that is not.

You're getting confused with your own daddy matey,  wish-full thinking is for wussies just go ahead an end it. It's pretty obvious all your hate is really stemming from your self esteem issues and thus your need to vent on others.

It's ok though haters gonna hate, it's not like you can help it being the stupid fuck you really are.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:10am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint