Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guild Wars 2 Launch Date (Read 4411 times)
Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Date
Reply #125 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 12:20am:
Ascalonian Catacombs was pretty decent.  You better watch where the fuck you are at all times, because shit hits HARD.
Opening the final fight, the King looks directly at me.... and fucking ONE SHOT me at range.
I was like, "Hey, the fight's starti - Oh, I'm dead already.  WTF!"
Seriously, I was down before I even had a chance to use a single fucking skill.
And that was story mode.

Lol that shit was pretty funny, Or me getting knocked off the platform... " How the fuck am i supposed to get back up. Oh wait i can jump...... Fuck rezzing to the way point."

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #126 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
we were battling your server last night in WvW

im on maguuma. you guys should all WvW from time to time maybe ill get to kill you. >:]

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #127 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Silky is so fucking awful.  Sad

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
At least he's consistent.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #129 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 12:14pm:
we were battling your server last night in WvW

im on maguuma. you guys should all WvW from time to time maybe ill get to kill you. >:]

I promise to battle you in WvW if you promise self-Chone.

You go first.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #130 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:02am:

You're getting confused with your own daddy matey,  wish-full thinking is for wussies just go ahead an end it. It's pretty obvious all your hate is really stemming from your self esteem issues and thus your need to vent on others.

It's ok though haters gonna hate, it's not like you can help it being the stupid fuck you really are.

I can do one better.

I am rubber, your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and stick to you!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #131 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
In before - "Nu-uh, you are!"

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
fek. northernshiverpeaks alliance splintered... on a good note, the wvw que dropped from 6+ hours to 30min+
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:55pm by mystafyi »  

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:48pm:
I am rubber, your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and stick to you!

You kids and your fetishes!

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #134 - Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
So, Ascalonian Catacombs on explorable mode.
It was a three hour wipe fest, and then we gave up.

I'll specify.  We took option number two.
The entire place is filled with mega-mobs.  You need to focus fire them down.  Even the trash.  The mini-bosses weren't too bad, considering.
The first actual boss fight was a battle of attrition.  It was less challenging and more punitively difficult.
The second boss fight was challenging as hell, but it was challenging in a way that required figuring out what needed to be done and then executing it nearly flawlessly.  That fight was a ton of fun.
The third set.... I don't even think it was a boss fight.... it was just TOO FUCKING MANY of these uber-mobs to handle at one time.  After working on one room for approximately an hour, we gave up.
My cumulative repair bill was approximately three gold [probably slightly more], and we didn't even finish.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2012 at 9:13pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 11:35am
Print Post  
ya the instance groups are hard.  Its going to become useful to know people on your server, as pure PUGing is going to be a waste of time.  Between guild and friend list, I hope to not to do it much.

Also, doing it with a group of 35s is very very hard.  While everyone scales down, higher level items, and traits dont scale down as much.  A group of 45s will have a noticeably easier time.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2012 at 11:37am by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #136 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Sep 9th, 2012 at 11:35am:
ya the instance groups are hard.  Its going to become useful to know people on your server, as pure PUGing is going to be a waste of time.  Between guild and friend list, I hope to not to do it much.

Also, doing it with a group of 35s is very very hard.  While everyone scales down, higher level items, and traits dont scale down as much.  A group of 45s will have a noticeably easier time.

I was level 39, someone was level 43 or so, and two people were was level 55+.  One person was level 70 approximately.  Four guildies and one pugger.  The pugger was all but useless, but I don't see how it would have made all *that* much of a difference.

I will admit that our group wasn't the best as far as professional combinations go with one Ele, two rangers, a thief and a warrior, but I also don't see how swapping one of the rangers with, say, a guardian or a necro would have made all *that* much difference either.  These things would have helped, sure.  But I don't think it would have helped all that much.

As for my repair bill listed before:  I'm stuck on D&D values.  It wasn't 3+ gold.  It was approximately 4.5+ silver five or six times.
Under 10:1 rates, as PnP used, that's gold.  Under 100:1 rates, as Gw2 uses, it is much less.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Sep 9th, 2012 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
MMO designers need to look at GW2 to see how their current game sucks.  GW2 is far from perfect, but it sure eliminates alot of the bullshit found in other MMOs.  Love the fact there are only 10 skill slots.  Fuck DDO and WoW with their 10 scroll bars filled with spells and gear.

GW2 devs need to learn how a fucking queue works.  Nothing like queuing for WvW only to have someone else in your guild log in after you, queue and get in before you. Also, waiting 2 hours for a WvW queue to pop better get fixed sooner rather than later. 

I dont see the long-term hook for Guild Wars 2.  Getting full exotic gear in WvW only takes ~40g which is easy enough to get even if you just PVP.  Sure there's legendary stuff, but what's been leaked so far the effort is not worth the grind.  250 widgets from running dungeons? LOL.  sPVP doesn't matter apart from looks and titles. Too much emphasis on style, not enough on substance.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #138 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
I agree, I think GW2 did alot that was different then other MMOs, and really alot of those decisions were the right ones.

I agree, the limited skill slots is really nice, not over whelming, but more then enough room for skill to really make a large difference.  There are another 5 skills that you are leaving out, which is the second weapon set, which should be used, and I think the big difference between good and great players will be that. 

The queue is rough, but I think that will get figured out.  Gonna give them the pass that they have more people queued then they expected.  Im avoiding world play until then.

I agree, not sure what 'end game' is in GW2.  Def not the same as other MMOs, but by the time I have leveled the classes I want to, I'll have put in lots and lots of hours.  Long term for such as active player as you is alot different the most MMOers.  ORs short term plans in DDO are > most DDO players long term goals Smiley.
(^ ya thats a bit of fanboism, but frankly, I think they will have released more cohesive endgame by the time I start to fully explore the game)

That being said I just read an interview with a GW2 Dev that was interesting.  You have to remember that the game is 2 weeks old.  End game is not fully fleshed out yet.  DDO original end game was TS. 

"Players can expect that we're going to very, very strongly support Guild Wars 2," he answered, measuredly. "I can't announce to you today what the upcoming updates to Guild Wars 2 are going to be, but we are in fact working on exciting updates for Guild Wars 2, and you're going to see them soon."
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2012 at 11:57am by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #139 - Sep 10th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Sep 10th, 2012 at 11:55am:
"Players can expect that we're going to very, very strongly support Guild Wars 2," he answered, measuredly. "I can't announce to you today what the upcoming updates to Guild Wars 2 are going to be, but we are in fact working on exciting updates for Guild Wars 2, and you're going to see them soon."

Sorry, but that's not an impressive or even interesting statement.  How is the above statement any different than what F.P. or any other MMO employee says about their coming releases? 

All he really said was that the company didn't fire all their developers.  They were planning on issuing a new set of features "soon"TM.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #140 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 10th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
Sorry, but that's not an impressive or even interesting statement.  How is the above statement any different than what F.P. or any other MMO employee says about their coming releases? 

All he really said was that the company didn't fire all their developers.  They were planning on issuing a new set of features "soon"TM.

He said in 2 lines what Fernando took paragraphs to say.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 10th, 2012 at 2:27pm:

Thanks, you really added alot to the conversation there. 

I found it interesting, one knock on the game was that you would pay $60 to get the game, play it to the end then move on.  The dev and ANet in general, is working to dispel that idea.  Basically, the game is not static or done with what is released. 

But don't rush one guy to 80 and expect a full end game to keep you entertained.  The game was built so that levels dont matter as much as other games.  Its great for Altaholics like me.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #142 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:25am
Print Post  
ya i got my ranger to 80 a while back, maxed his crafting, and wasnt quite ready to grind events for karma or start farming mats to make my legendaries so i just rolled another character. there were several that interested me and i purposely skipped parts of the map so i could play those zones with new chars. also for those who dont know the 100% world map completion is account shared. so you can certainly hit 100% without it all being on one char.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #143 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:27am
Print Post  
I have been playing off and on. Running a ranger. I didn't play GW1 so I am taking a little time to accustomed to the play style. I like it so far.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #144 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:14am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:27am:
I have been playing off and on. Running a ranger. I didn't play GW1 so I am taking a little time to accustomed to the play style. I like it so far.

That's because you're in the bestest guild that ever was!  Haaaaaay!

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #145 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:35am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:27am:

how many of your pets have you named after gawna? just name them in pet management tab where it normally says juvenile ______. i have a lot of fun with pet names. i have an eagle named 'MURICA

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #146 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:38am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:35am:
how many of your pets have you named after gawna? just name them in pet management tab where it normally says juvenile ______. i have a lot of fun with pet names. i have an eagle named 'MURICA

I have an ostrich looking thing I am going to name Breaken Jr.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #147 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:35am:

He doesn't know how to name his pets yet.  I have a jellyfish named Peanut Butter.  Breaken has a pig named Gawna and it's fucking HILAR!  It makes amazeballs pig noises in the heat of battle.  I was so jelly, I had to go get a pig of my own!

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #148 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
haha thats awesome. i named my pig emergency rations. the silliest thing (to me) about the pigs other than their grunts is their special ability (f2). they "search the area for an improvised weapon". well what usually happens is they find a seed? pick the seed up and activate it and a fucking magical tree instantly pops out of the ground hahah. its good shit.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #149 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Yes, I love that ability!  I make my pig do it all the time!  Oh man, good times.  I named my moa Kevin because it reminded me of the bird from Up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint