Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Guild Wars 2 Launch Date (Read 4313 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Guild Wars 2 Launch Date
Jun 28th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Just got an email with the official word - August 28th with last BWE July 20 - 22nd!

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Date
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I am pretty jazzed. Much earlier than the rumored November timetable.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:00am
Print Post  
anyone have friend invites for the beta weekends? really interested in trying this because it looks really shitty to me but all i hear are good things. so definitely dont want to buy to test lol

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:14am
Print Post  
It's amazeballs - I've really loved the content that I've experienced during beta.

IP Logged

Rastelin
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's amazeballs - I've really loved the content that I've experienced during beta.

Hell yes! The combat in this game is super fun, even in pve. You can't just stand in one place and hope to survive; it requires good reflexes and good spatial awareness. The quests aren't as boring as swtor, and even the character quest is somewhat interesting.

And can I mention the pvp? sPvP is super fun, as is WvWvW.

Pyce, Fatty, and some other ER members (maybe Pecan?) are going to play as well. Let me know what server you guys are on!

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:26am
Print Post  
We are on Deldrimor now - I don't know if these servers will transfer over to live or not.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Meh

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #7 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:23pm:
Meh

Yeah.  It's so "Meh" that I have had no desire to log into any other game I have installed ever since I played in the first beta weekend, because they aren't Gw2.  I pre-purchased the Collector's Edition for the expansion and don't even want to play it now.
Oh, and in case Hordo and crew have been wondering where I've been, that should explain it.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
The only thing I really wish is that it should be possible to toggle mouselook like in DDO. Playing DDO as my first MMO severely screwed me for the standard MMO movement mechanics.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #9 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 8:58pm:
The only thing I really wish is that it should be possible to toggle mouselook like in DDO. Playing DDO as my first MMO severely screwed me for the standard MMO movement mechanics.

I never used the toggle anyway, as it was easier for me to hold the right mouse button and simply let go of it when I wanted a cursor (or to click a non-hotkeyed item, like for gear swaps and the like).  The right mouse button was my "toggle."  Gw2's default right mouse works the exact same way.  Just be sure you have a decent mouse if you start doing this, because if it's a piece of shit then you'll probably break it fairly quickly.
It's a little more complicated there, as the AoEs need to be targeted, but it wasn't difficult to adjust.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 8:58pm:

I never used the toggle anyway, as it was easier for me to hold the right mouse button and simply let go of it when I wanted a cursor (or to click a non-hotkeyed item, like for gear swaps and the like).  The right mouse button was my "toggle."  Gw2's default right mouse works the exact same way.  Just be sure you have a decent mouse if you start doing this, because if it's a piece of shit then you'll probably break it fairly quickly.
It's a little more complicated there, as the AoEs need to be targeted, but it wasn't difficult to adjust.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Eh, I use the toggle all the time partly due to old habits from FPSes and action games, and partly due to lingering RSS from my writing. Keeping RM pressed at all times annoys me.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #12 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 7:48pm:
Yeah.  It's so "Meh" that I have had no desire to log into any other game I have installed ever since I played in the first beta weekend, because they aren't Gw2.  I pre-purchased the Collector's Edition for the expansion and don't even want to play it now.
Oh, and in case Hordo and crew have been wondering where I've been, that should explain it.

Meh

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #13 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We are on Deldrimor now - I don't know if these servers will transfer over to live or not.

I dont think the servers will transfer over but i would hope they give a list or something so people can pick and plan what one to all join when the time comes.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Just bought.  Any final word on server carry over? I have a few friends in Beta, but on different servers.  would be nice to get us all together.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #15 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Wish I could afford it. We'll see though when the 28th rolls around.

Anyone willing to have me in their guild? Grin

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
OHGODWHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #17 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
I actually was a decent Mesmer in GW1.

I hope that transfers over.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #18 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:47pm:
Just bought.  Any final word on server carry over? I have a few friends in Beta, but on different servers.  would be nice to get us all together.

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2

Quote:
When you log in to the game for the first time, you will have the opportunity to pick any available server, or home world. If you choose to select a home world that is in a different region from where you purchased your game, you will be logged out for a short period of time while your account is moved to your new region. Once you have selected a home world, all the characters you create will play on this world and will represent it in our world-versus-world (WvW) format.

While you can change your home world, there is a limit of one world transfer every seven days per account and a charge of 1,800 gems for each transfer. A world transfer moves all of your existing characters to your new home world. Any subsequent characters you create will also play in this new home world.

When Guild Wars 2 launches, you will also have the option to play with your friends on another world with our free “guesting” feature. With guesting, your characters can play on any world where you have friends—with certain restrictions. For instance, you will not be able to participate in WvW while guesting.

So it doesn't matter where your friends end up.  You can still play with them in PvE and sPvP via guesting.  Of course it makes much more sense to get everyone on the same server, but if you have different groups of friends on different servers, it won't be a huge issue.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2012 at 11:18pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
I'll be playing on Darkhaven.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Myself and a few guildees will be on the Tarnished Coast

(EDIT found out that might be adopted by a big RP group, so might change)
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 4:10pm by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #21 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
what kinds of professions did you guys try? ive been reading about them and they all seem pretty interesting. especially since changing your weapons somewhat changes your role or abilities.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #22 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:12pm:
what kinds of professions did you guys try? ive been reading about them and they all seem pretty interesting. especially since changing your weapons somewhat changes your role or abilities.

Most class's can weapon swap but engineer cannot, But they can load weapon packs as their utility skills. Weapon packs change your weapon skills to whatever skill you activate, Few examples i saw, Flame Thrower, Bombs, and land mines.

I think between the whole guild we tried everything, I spent the most time on Theif , Guardian and Engineer. All were super fun to play I think i enjoyed guardian the most though.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:29pm by Breaken »  

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #23 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Breaken wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:28pm:
someguy wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:12pm:

Most class's can weapon swap but engineer cannot, But they can load weapon packs as their utility skills. Weapon packs change your weapon skills to whatever skill you activate, Few examples i saw, Flame Thrower, Bombs, and land mines.

I think between the whole guild we tried everything, I spent the most time on Theif , Guardian and Engineer. All were super fun to play I think i enjoyed guardian the most though.

Elementalist also lacks a weapon swap, but just like Engineers swap to kits to change their skill bar, Ele's swap attunnements for the same effect.

I personally tried every profession except for Warrior, and took each of them to a minimum of level eight.  The ones I liked more I got up to level 20 or so.
In order of preference:
Guardian and Thief were tied for my favorites, followed closely by Mesmer.  Ele and Necro were next on the list.  I imagined that Ranger would be my least favorite, but it was actually more fun than I expected and I liked it better than Engineer.  My problem with Engy was that I wasn't very fond of the kits, so the fact that they don't get a weapon swap kind of ruined it for me.  That may change though, as I plan to play one eventually.  I imagine that Warrior will probably fall between Necro and Ranger.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:56pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #24 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
ya they all seem pretty cool.

since i enjoy both pve and pvp it will be difficult to decide on what i want to play...because obviously some things are always wanted for pve (tanks/healers) and for pvp you usually want great dps + utility/survivability. and usually that isnt a tank lol. i also read up a bit on the racials...are their abilities mostly flavor or do they come in handy? the norn shapeshifting seemed kind of awesome for a racial but is something like that really ever beneficial?

also cale how well is the cross server grouping going to work? did they have anything similar to experience during the beta? i see it costs gems (guessing cash shop currency) but i have no clue "how much" 1800 is. or how lame some of the restrictions are playing as a guest. i know lots of people who are going to be playing this from different games and irl. didnt want to find out where majority played before i pick a server heh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint