Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic dead space2 (Read 305 times)
rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

dead space2
Jul 15th, 2012 at 3:52am
Print Post  
anybody play this one?

on ng+ and my force gun is Baller!!!!!

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Re: dead space2
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
I always meant to.  Both of them, actually -- they're sitting in my Steam library, undownloaded, unvalidated.  Undecided

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
you should get around to it.

Some of the best sci-fi/horror there is.
I still love the "Oh shit!" moments in both games!

daycare level in DS2 is so fucking creepy.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 11:12am
Print Post  
So I finally got around to installing DS1.  Jesus fuck that's paranoia at midnight.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the control and display setup, though maybe those were design decisions made to up the intensity of those "SHITSHITSHITgetthisfuckerAWAYfromme--OH GOD THERE ARE TWO OF THEM" moments.
It just seems...really sluggish, I guess.  Difficult to react fluidly when every second counts.
It's been a while since I've played a third-person shooter, so maybe that's part of it.

One question, though, and it's an important one given the rationing of ammo and the paranoia fuel this game dishes out: how prevalent are respawns, if they exist at all?
Obviously the whole "treat every vent like a lethal jack-in-the-box" gets drilled into your head early, but I haven't been able to ascertain whether each encounter is a scripted one-off thing, or if there's any kind of repeat triggering for them.

EDIT: I happened across some discussion about one of the interface issues I was seeing.  It seems that the default VSync configuration of the game wreaks havoc with mouse input latency/sensitivity -- I'll have to give that a shot tonight.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2012 at 2:26pm by Evangelier »  

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Evangelier wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 11:12am:
One question, though, and it's an important one given the rationing of ammo and the paranoia fuel this game dishes out: how prevalent are respawns, if they exist at all?Obviously the whole "treat every vent like a lethal jack-in-the-box" gets drilled into your head early, but I haven't been able to ascertain whether each encounter is a scripted one-off thing, or if there's any kind of repeat triggering for them.

I only made it a bit more than half way through DS1 before my brother moved back out and took the PS3 with him. There are no random respawns, everything is scripted. However there are respawns when you need to came back to an area as part of the mission.

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2012 at 6:39pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 6:39pm:
I only made it a bit more than half way through DS1 before my brother moved back out and took the PS3 with him. There are no random respawns, everything is scripted. However there are respawns when you need to came back to an area as part of the mission.

This.

also remember to use the thing that allows you to pick up and throw stuff as a weapon. dismember a claw? pick up & stab the next baddie!

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:58pm:
This.

also remember to use the thing that allows you to pick up and throw stuff as a weapon. dismember a claw? pick up & stab the next baddie!

Yeah, I'm currently on the last chapter of DS1, and Kinesis has been an incredible ammo-saver.

The Hunter levels were real nail-biter moments, though.  I lost track of just how many Twitchers spawned during the shuttle prep encounter.

What weapons did you guys use in the original?  So far I've found the force gun and pulse rifle to be near game-breaking in their overall effectiveness.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #8 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Evangelier wrote on Aug 20th, 2012 at 2:12pm:
Yeah, I'm currently on the last chapter of DS1, and Kinesis has been an incredible ammo-saver.

The Hunter levels were real nail-biter moments, though.  I lost track of just how many Twitchers spawned during the shuttle prep encounter.

What weapons did you guys use in the original?  So far I've found the force gun and pulse rifle to be near game-breaking in their overall effectiveness.

fore gun on both.
pretty much my go to weapon.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint