Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Elite chains of flame, no buffs, no rogue, no pots (Read 13906 times)
Azog
Ex Member

Re: Elite chains of flame, no buffs, no rogue, no pots
Reply #25 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:18am
Print Post  
So, after the long Summer pause, we took again our Static Group...
This time, I decided NOT to take my cleric, as it is much too depressing, and went with my gimpy Bard 10/ rogue 3 / Arti 1. I will say in advance, I was the only one not to die in the whole 2 hours gameplay AND I was a little behind in kills behind the Horc Barb but OVER the Dwarf Barb.

Really, I cannot believe it. I was very unconcentrated, drinking wine (I have to drink to bear my fate)...how the fuck did I end 2nd? I expected to be last at least...

Anyway, as my Bard havenīt all the explorers and was a long time since I was in the sands, I advance slowly to the quest. Barbs (Horc & Dwarf) Zerg ahead. *Ding* *Ding*. Funny it is always to see  hitpoints 36/406....42/406...oh, he drank a cure light wounds, fine, fine.
So after some million hours, we reach the entrance to Chains of Flame. We decide to enter in Hard.
The only guy buffing...was me, the bard, of course. Haste? The bard. Rage? The bard. Blur? The bard. Greater heroism(scrolls)? The bard. My brother, the Wizz, had promised to bring GH...promises, promises...then he was teasing me "Hey, bard, where is mah haste? I need mah haste!!!"
Well, yes, we completed. Hurra!
It seems I will have to do offering of blood and the chamber of Raiyun alone with the Bard, as most of the group already did it all.

Email this morning: The Dwarf barbarian tells us NOT to throw away the Orb, the Filacteria and so on, as you need to give them to the Djin (Orly?)... he had thrown them away, as he had no inventory space.
Next email: My brother too.

I couldnīt find a big enough facepalm on the internet.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:20am by »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #26 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:44am
Print Post  
So... you need to run the three flagging quests again?

I'm sorry to laugh at another's misfortune but I do love your static group updates so Smiley

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Yep, all three again. I mean, I had to flag two of them anyway, and I could do Chain with the cleric to have it too, so, not such a biggy for me. The guy playing the Horc has also a lot of Alts, no problem for him.
It is just the "I donīt know what this thing is, I throw it away".
I donīt want to know how many eberron dragonshards they have discarded.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #28 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 8:20am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #29 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Maybe I should start talking about my static group.
( 6 year old characters , half of the party 28 pointers, casual players [ extremely casual, as some almost only play in said group ], no twinking... So far LVL 18 and we still manage to finish most of the quests at level. [ ok, we failed lamentably on Faithful Departed and Ghost of Perdition... and we may one day go back to them ] )

It's probably one of the most fun part of DDO.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:44am:
So... you need to run the three flagging quests again?

I'm sorry to laugh at another's misfortune but I do love your static group updates so Smiley

By the way, Tere, my brother is in the UK, he is a scientist and has a driverīs licence.
Be careful.

As Flav puts it, it is actually a lot of fun playing this casual DDO. We have three casual players, two semi casuals altoholics (me and the Horc) and a gamer (the Dwarf Barb, he plays lots of games...).
We know each other more than 20 years and that brings a lot of puns, trolling, joking in the game.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2012 at 3:52pm by »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #31 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
I have no idea why this thread exists, but Godzilla Facepalm made it worth the click.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #32 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Best thread I read this week; once again my keyboard narrowly missed being drenched in coffee Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint