Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) How are other people working around the stoners? (Read 8807 times)
Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

How are other people working around the stoners?
Jul 31st, 2012 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Meaning XP stoners of course.

I pug alot, and have quite a bit of TR'ing left to do on my casting toons.  Half has 3 FvS lives, Perhaps 3 Cleric left before final Wizzy build.  Soulbro is doing a Wizzy life.  Brothanumsi needs to get a Wizzy life in.

Running Halfdeadd through the level 15-20 range was hell.  I'd put up a pug for whatever quest using the bravery mechanic.  Half the party dies on the way or doesn't know where to go.  Many more came in and died from the couple of trash mobs I ran past.  Even more summoned hirelings and died anyway.

But the guy who set me off was running some ranged build when I was farming Rainbow.  Joined, popped a hireling, died multiple times.  After 3 runs I asked him to leave.  He was smart enough to hang in the slayer zone so I couldn't kick him and sent the most whiny tells I've ever seen in my playtime so far.  Of course only to enter the quest and die anyway if the wind blew his way.  Third time I've cursed at somebody over the mic in 3 years now.

So anyway, what are you guys doing?  Don't see much in channels TR wise.  I'm guessing folks are using the buddy system?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Re: How are other people working around the stoners?
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:03am
Print Post  
I'm soloing. A lot. Doesn't help that I am basically only getting on UK mornings now, when there appears to be no PUG activity full stop - and I feel I can't set PUGs up because I am often interrupted. So I flowersniff or run slayers basically.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Honestly I've had good luck. Asking up front has helped. I'm not a flatout zerger by any means so adjusting to not leaving trash behind isn't terrible to me. That works through Vale anyway. Amrath I wouldn't do unless I knew at least one other person in the pug. 

With a few exceptions I haven't had terrible experiences, maybe because I don't recall a group with more than two. Actually, about two weeks ago the stoner bailed everyone out when most of us lag jumped into spikes in Rainbow. He had read enough to max UMD on his rogue and had gotten lucky to not fall in. So he was able to raise the cleric.... then he turned and fell into the spikes.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:36am
Print Post  
I don't pug.   guild is big enough to allow me to never have to pug... plus all my play time is in FR, so the stoners really haven't made their way out there yet in the rare times we need to pug a cleric.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:54am
Print Post  
I just used a stone, beware!  Epoch coming to a pug near you!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Cool.

Ty for the responses.  Perhaps I am just getting a wild hair where I should be concerned.  Honestly normally I don't care, take whomever and go.  Just never seen anything like this before. 

Half's next three lives should be hilarious at least.  Zerging FvS builds always seem to draw the most hate in pugland.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:54am:

I used a stone too in Khyber. Barbacoast will ruin your day.
An absolute unoriginal gimped WF Wizzard.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
I used a stone too in Khyber. Barbacoast will ruin your day.
An absolute unoriginal gimped WF Wizzard.

You should hit any lfm posted by Talariia or join any group with talariia in it.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

DrunkenBuddha
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:21am
Print Post  
If you pug frequently, that level range has gotten pretty awful. Or hilarious. Vale on elite is manageable for the most part, except for Let Sleeping Dust Lie, but morons could autofail that pre-stone as well. Amrath is out of the question though.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:31am
Print Post  
It is all hilarious.  Isn't that why people pug in the first place?

The only thing I don't like is doing the crucible swim and often times even the trapped room.  Three evasion guys in party but none of them can do shit.  I mean I can do it, it isn't a problem - but the reason why I took you over the fucking barbarian that I wasn't going to heal was so I wouldn't have to.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:33am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:44am
Print Post  
I'm not pugging guild is big enough and if I'm on at an odd hour, the buddy European Refugees channels have enough people in them for me to fill/find a party.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Sarlona is dead enough I know most of the awful people by name and can reject them. I try to jump on other people's TR trains whenever possible.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:15am
Print Post  
I never assume I am going to get the 10 percent for no deaths. I just put up an IP LFM, pop a hireling and go.

I am finding the 1-20 game is pretty slow on G-spot. I ended up soloing ADQ1elite last night on my level 14 Arty.

BTW, are any of you seeing a lot of jump lag lately?
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:16am by »  

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #13 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Quote:

Had trouble with it in Rainbow when jumping the spikes.  That and an unexpected death in Servants of the Overlord when I crossed the spike area there.  Not too bad though, just enough for me to slow down before trying to bypass traps.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:20am:
You should hit any lfm posted by Talariia or join any group with talariia in it.

Ok, will do so!!

(To the other vaulties: is Talariia a violent trisexual drunken mutant or is he really giving me usefull info? I mean, if I were Epoch I would have given the trisexual drunken mutant....)

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #15 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Both

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #16 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 5:51am:
So anyway, what are you guys doing?  Don't see much in channels TR wise.  I'm guessing folks are using the buddy system?

For the most part, my tr projects have been shelved while I get some people to cap for epic destiny farming.  This is pretty true of most of my guild, but that's about the only metric I have for comparison.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
I don't have any characters in the 16-20 range atm, although normal Shrouds have become quite the "boxes of chocolate" now. I've got a 21 Cleric going for 20 completions, and the numbers of players who can't do the puzzles has jumped, along with the groups that take 15 minutes to do part 3, and the groups where 4 people are one-shotted by Harry when he drops in part 4 :p

Normal Shrouds are no longer snoozefests, at least not when there's 5 or 6 players level 17-19 in the group Smiley

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:29am:
Had trouble with it in Rainbow when jumping the spikes.  That and an unexpected death in Servants of the Overlord when I crossed the spike area there.  Not too bad though, just enough for me to slow down before trying to bypass traps.

Been noticing it myself past couple levels since a lot more trap boxes are past or in the traps. Jump and make it past only to rubber band back into the middle of the trap and DING.

Maybe I should go 2 rogue for the evasion.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:00pm:
I don't have any characters in the 16-20 range atm, although normal Shrouds have become quite the "boxes of chocolate" now. I've got a 21 Cleric going for 20 completions, and the numbers of players who can't do the puzzles has jumped, along with the groups that take 15 minutes to do part 3, and the groups where 4 people are one-shotted by Harry when he drops in part 4 :p

Normal Shrouds are no longer snoozefests, at least not when there's 5 or 6 players level 17-19 in the group Smiley

Ugh, Normal Shroud... Ran one with kmack Sunday to get the last supreme I needed to make my AA's Lit II... Was horrible, completely couldn't handle the South and Split method with the Lieutenants (got spoiled thinking well if a bunch of drunks can do it..!), three round Harry in Pt IV and blades came out in Pt V.  On normal!

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Been noticing it myself past couple levels since a lot more trap boxes are past or in the traps. Jump and make it past only to rubber band back into the middle of the trap and DING.

Maybe I should go 2 rogue for the evasion.

Also ran a Hard Power Play yesterday and the rogue runs out onto the electrified grid over top of the animated armor chest and stands there while his (sub 300) hps slowly tick down and he dies.  This is the reason I don't pug and fully expect anyone I do pull in to be a near complete waste.  My advice is stick with your summoned panther and/or hirelings.  At least they respond to commands once in awhile.  (stay away from all epic melee hirelings except for the rogues though.  Sub 600 hps @ lvl 23 and less DPS than Mussussaba (Moose rocks) the lvl 22 rogue hireling.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #21 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Myddo when it works, look for reputable guild tags, and if they have a spiked turban on boot them.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #22 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Rainbow and jumping to the safe spots in VON5 in the trap hall. Mostly rubberbanding as opposed to freeze lagging. I've definitely noticed it though.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Quadrovault
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 8:54am:

what will I do now?  Undecided

IP Logged

Mr Poop
Korthos Resident

I Love Doctor Ama!

Reply #24 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 1:12pm:
Ugh, Normal Shroud... Ran one with kmack Sunday to get the last supreme I needed to make my AA's Lit II... Was horrible, completely couldn't handle the South and Split method with the Lieutenants (got spoiled thinking well if a bunch of drunks can do it..!), three round Harry in Pt IV and blades came out in Pt V.  On normal!

I think I was in that one too (as the non-dying drow artificer), except you didn't mention the wall attack in part 3 where 6 people died, and it took 30 minutes for the %$$# to finish the puzzle with his pet in tow - after I offered to finish it in 20 seconds, he refused).

Good times, but not really,

Ought of Sarlona

Please don't refer to poop as shit, it stinks when that happens.

Thanks in advance,
Mr Poop

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint