Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Yellow dopant in the DDO store (Read 15539 times)
scraap
Ex Member

Re: Yellow dopant in the DDO store
Reply #25 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
I might be more irritated if it wasn't someone that's proven they're functionally retarded, well, doing something retarded. Past a certain point, you just stop expecting to ever see a bright move.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #26 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:51am
Print Post  
JoJI wrote on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 9:04pm:
eh, I think Yellow Dopant is exactly what should be in the DDO Store. It's pure convenience. Grind out the larges or decon your old GS. Either way you're not getting any stronger then you already were. I mean you have to had already completed a GS item or slotted a ToD ring to even use the Dopant.

It's not like buying a +3 supreme tome or better then chest found mana pots.

I find it a bit stupid it wasn't released in the store with the xpac, but I'm having a hard time seeing the reasoning for any anger of it being added to the store in u15.

I'm not really bothered about it being in the store. It's more that I hear the drop rate is so parlous that it may as well not exist as a drop in game.

Does it show up in the 20th end rewards, anyone know?

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #27 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:57am
Print Post  
I dont care much about greensteel-deconstruction. I could consolidate my vale pies with the bag bug and and sitting on 50+ lds and much more other stuff. Most of my toons have even a cleansing stone banked. But I realy would like to get rid of the now completly useless +2 insight bonus on my TOD rings. ARRRRGH.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #28 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:41am
Print Post  
I don't care much about the store. But the dicky move is that they still claim that it can drop.

I've seen more +3 tomes drop in shroud chests than yellow dopants.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Rodrak
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:50am
Print Post  
While I only read the forums when I'm bored now, sometimes I get really curious about things. So I redownloaded the client and checked that dopant item... Turbine is lying like usual about it, it was definitely made for the DDO Store from the very beginning. The only loot table that contains it is the old shroud part 5 chest (with same drop rate on each difficulty), in other words the only higher chance is on elite and only because you get 2 chests that use that specific treasure table (as the hard/3rd one is from part 4, at least that's what I heard, I haven't done shroud for almost one year now and I cannot check which chests spawn). The drop rate is 1% for a 10% chance to get one so 0.1% per chest. Pathetic. It doesn't drop in Devil Assault at all, on any difficulty.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #30 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Rodrak wrote on Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:50am:
While I only read the forums when I'm bored now, sometimes I get really curious about things. So I redownloaded the client and checked that dopant item... Turbine is lying like usual about it, it was definitely made for the DDO Store from the very beginning. The only loot table that contains it is the old shroud part 5 chest (with same drop rate on each difficulty), in other words the only higher chance is on elite and only because you get 2 chests that use that specific treasure table (as the hard/3rd one is from part 4, at least that's what I heard, I haven't done shroud for almost one year now and I cannot check which chests spawn). The drop rate is 1% for a 10% chance to get one so 0.1% per chest. Pathetic. It doesn't drop in Devil Assault at all, on any difficulty.

Wow. Yes. That's pathetic.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #31 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Who fucking cares? DDO store means no more shroud ever again.  Fuck the shroud.  We grinded that place to fucking dust for what, 4 years? I was waiting for this announcement.  I am happy.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Takllin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:02am
Print Post  
I just got my 20th a week ago and I didn't get it as an end reward but they might have it in he table with a shit small percent. But I wouldn't bank on getting 20 completions to get one.

Tokun Helf Fighter/Ranger/Monk Gragurn Dwarf Barbarian Tekllin WF Wizard Jadokis WF Favored Soul
Order of the Silver Dragons

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #33 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:21am
Print Post  

Working through the math, after 694 chests (347 elite runs) there is a 50% chance you will have gotten at least one to drop.  29 runs before you're more likely to have seen one in the chest than not.  (Poisson distribution, P(0)<50%)
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:29am by Inkblack »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #34 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
The whining and outrage was successful!
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4624523&postcount=72

Quote:
We’re increasing how much Yellow Dopant drops in U15, and adding more locations where it drops.

Update 15 Shroud drop rates are increasing to five times as much as Update 14 rates.
Tower of Despair also drops Yellow Dopant in Update 15, with an extra chance in Suulomades’ chest.
Vision of Destruction gains a chance to drop Yellow Dopant.

The drop rates in these raids are comparable to each other, with increased chance on higher difficulties.

Devil Assault on Elite and Epic will also drop Yellow Dopant. Due to a bug it does not currently do so in U14. The drop rate is lower in Devil Assault in general, but Epic will drop more than Elite.

« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2012 at 4:40pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #35 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
So from 0.01% to 0.05%?  I guess that helps puts the word "successful" in proper context :p

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
.1% to .5%, or from one tenth of one percent to half a percent.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 6:07pm
Print Post  

I'm not entirely sure I get this. Why is it listed as a 1% chance for a 10% chance for it to drop instead of just a .1% chance?

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #38 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Rodrak, I hope you stay around and do embarrassing analysis of blatent cash cow drops occasionally. They made such a big song and dance about "we're giving you what you want" too. That's the irritating thing. Turbine, we already know you make your cash by selling noobs +1 full plate and casuals spirit cakes. Not allowing some opportunity to pull these things in game is more than a little churlish. And I say that as someone who values their time enough to buy the odd spirit cake if I screw up..

IP Logged

Rodrak
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure I get this. Why is it listed as a 1% chance for a 10% chance for it to drop instead of just a .1% chance?

Treasure tables list percentiles, so it's similar to rolling d100 several times whenever you open the chest. In this case the main treasure table lists 1% chance to go to another treasure table that has 10% chance for a dopant.
The current shroud treasure for "old" part 5 chest looks like this:
1-50: depleted high energy cell
51-100: nothing

1-100: large ingredient (another treasure table)

1-11: shard of supreme power
12-100: nothing

1: another treasure table with 10% for dopant
2-100: nothing

So when you open the chest, the server makes 4 independent d100 "rolls" (and if it reaches another treasure table, some extra ones). For dopant, it rolls d100, if it's 1 it rolls again, and if it's 1-10 there, you get a dopant Smiley

Anyway, it's nice that they are increasing the drop rates and putting it into other places Smiley

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #40 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Reposting here for when it gets deleted:
Quote:
[QUOTE=mobrien316;4624270]I could understand the rant a little better if the item never dropped in the game, but was only available in the store.

Why would they sell an item in the store at all if it constantly dropped in the game?

I think this is pefectly fair of Turbine and simply makes good business sense.  If someone wants one right now, they can buy one.  If they want one and don't want to buy it, they can grind for it.  You are paying for convenience, but you are not required to buy it at all.

Maybe if the drop rate wasn't 10% chance to get a 1% chance of it dropping in only 1 chest on N/H and possibly 2 on elite. For those of you not math inclined, that is .001% Chance of pulling a single Yellow Dopant on Normal/Hard and .002% Chance on Elite.

For comparison's sake, that is less than even +4 tomes on Normal ToD (0.01%), yet we don't have +4's in the store.

It's slap in the face to us as customers and a very obvious cashgrab. It disgusts me greatly. [/quote]

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #41 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 2:58am
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Aug 3rd, 2012 at 5:25pm:
So from 0.01% to 0.05%?  I guess that helps puts the word "successful" in proper context :p

You're looking at it all wrong!  It's a 500% increase chance which makes it the best update EVAR!

*Sips some Spanish water*

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #42 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Rodrak wrote on Aug 3rd, 2012 at 7:18pm:
Treasure tables list percentiles, so it's similar to rolling d100 several times whenever you open the chest. In this case the main treasure table lists 1% chance to go to another treasure table that has 10% chance for a dopant.
The current shroud treasure for "old" part 5 chest looks like this:
1-50: depleted high energy cell
51-100: nothing

1-100: large ingredient (another treasure table)

1-11: shard of supreme power
12-100: nothing

1: another treasure table with 10% for dopant
2-100: nothing

So when you open the chest, the server makes 4 independent d100 "rolls" (and if it reaches another treasure table, some extra ones). For dopant, it rolls d100, if it's 1 it rolls again, and if it's 1-10 there, you get a dopant Smiley

Anyway, it's nice that they are increasing the drop rates and putting it into other places Smiley

Now I would really like to know what editor/viewer you use to see the content of the files...
With the ones I have it is a mess that's almost unreadable.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #43 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 4th, 2012 at 4:35am:
Now I would really like to know what editor/viewer you use to see the content of the files...

I've been thinking the same thing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint