Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question for Rodrak: new item abilities (Read 5424 times)
qwerty1234
Ex Member

Question for Rodrak: new item abilities
Aug 8th, 2012 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Someone (who is probably also going to get banned) posted this on the main forums:
Quote:
I am curious as well about these high end prefix/suffix's. Just a quick look at ddo data files I found few strings that does not seem familiar to me.
Oceanic
Meteoric
Cryomancy
Feysteel
Geomancy
Tempestuous
Acid Supremacy
of Devastation
of Obscenity
of Mangling
Some of them may be used in epic destinies, or somewhere else(of devastation may be used for alter of devastation for example) and if they are in fact these super rare these prefix/suffix's I have no idea what they do, nor do I have any idea how to find out...

Do you have any way to find out what those abilities do? Inquiring minds want to know!

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Re: Question for Rodrak: new item abilities
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
LOL, we'll see that poster soon, I imagine.  They be gettin' an extended vacation from their DDO Vbulletin home.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Vexation wrote on Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:01pm:
LOL, we'll see that poster soon, I imagine.  They be gettin' an extended vacation from their DDO Vbulletin home.

Well, he already quit few months back.  So I don't think he cares.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
This was someone else. We should probably send them a PM about the vault, would be good to have them here.

IP Logged

Rodrak
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Some of  these are likely for the highest level random loot (unattainable at the moment ie. cr 30-31 chests) but to be honest I'm not sure I want to dig for it, it's a lot of work. let's see:
- Oceanic seems to be a combination of tidal burst, freezing ice, crushing wave in 1 effect + BTC on equip (no text description added yet and hard to tell if it's even finished for the mutations, or it's possible that while it's 1 mutation, the item will simply list all of the single effects and not the whole thing, no idea)
- Meteoric: same as above but greater incineration + flaming burst + flaming blast
- Cryomancy is a caster type mutation that comes in several versions: Adept Cryomancy (combustion + lesser ice lore), Apprentice Cryomancy (combustion + minor ice lore), Expert Cryomancy (combustion, ice lore, expert's focus /evocation + conjuration focus/, Sagaious Cryomancy (combustion + greater ice lore + sage's focus /conjur+evoc focus+eff metamagic maximize I/). I see similar mutations for Aeromancy, Geomancy & Pyromancy. But I think it's all unused, can't see a reference unless it's scripted somewhere.
- Tempestuous is Shocking Burst + Lightning Strike + Slicing Winds + BTCoE.
- Acid Supremacy is Efficient Metamagic Maximize II + Superior Acid Lore + BTCoE
Hm... I hope I'm reading it properly and it's really a combination of effects and not a random choice of one of these, as "of devastation" lists so many of the effects at once that it's a bit suspicious:
of devastation: weakening + enfeebling + maladroit + bone breaking + devastating (which in turn is a combination of vertigo +10, stunning +10, shatter +10, tendon slice +10, combat mastery +5). It's the effect in the top level of loot only, but still...
Too boring to continue Tongue

IP Logged

Shade
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:32am
Print Post  
cool infos.

Yea I vaguely recall seeing of devastation in the beta, devs spawned all kinds of max lvl loot in piles. Kinda think it was disintegration +some of those stat dmg things. I could see it being disint + random choice of one of the stat dmg + random choice of one of the tactic effects.

Rodrak can you tell us about the cutoffs for +3/4 tomes (suspect 23-30 for +3 and 31 for +4).

Also can you check lolthraid tables and see if they really have +5 tome on EE as hinted?

thx.

IP Logged

PaulXo
Korthos Resident

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Feysteel is the one that has me intrigued...

Could it be a mix of metal types on a weapon?

A Feysteel (Silver/Cold Iron) 2[w] weapon blank for crafting would be nice...

IP Logged

Nope
Dragon Raider

Nada

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Shade wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:32am:
cool infos.

Yea I vaguely recall seeing of devastation in the beta, devs spawned all kinds of max lvl loot in piles. Kinda think it was disintegration +some of those stat dmg things. I could see it being disint + random choice of one of the stat dmg + random choice of one of the tactic effects.

Rodrak can you tell us about the cutoffs for +3/4 tomes (suspect 23-30 for +3 and 31 for +4).

Also can you check lolthraid tables and see if they really have +5 tome on EE as hinted?

thx.

He already has.  use the search you fucking noob.

IP Logged

Rodrak
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Shade wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 8:32am:
Wrong. +4 tomes do not drop from random generator AT ALL. Devs are simply lying here, even level 31 random generator produces only +3 unbound ones (unless they somehow add it outside of the treasure tables which is highly unlikely). All unbound +4 tomes are currently in FR EE chests/raid and are bound to specific chests and not random at all.
OTOH I'm sure it's going to drop randomly when you can actually reach these chest levels in game, but so far, only +3 ones.
Quote:
I already posted it here several weeks ago. You can get +5 tome from the raid on EE, but the chance is so low that it's worthless. Think several times more rare than shard of ring of spell storing. I'm sure some people are lucky enough to pull it, but it's completely different to +4 tome chances in old raids.

I looked for "feysteel" and can't find anything with that name.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Thanks, Rodrak!

IP Logged

Rodrak
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:24am
Print Post  
the last 2 mentioned since I already launched the tool:
- of obscenity: evil burst + negative energy spike + life stealing + btcoe
- of mangling: slicing + bleed + maiming + limb chopper + btcoe
there are many more, for example:
- of heavenly wrath: greater god + radiance + greater good(? - yeah a bug, same mutation twice) + btcoe

but what's the point of checking it... you'll prolly start seeing these with the next big expansion or later Wink

IP Logged

Olrad
Dragon Raider

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Rodrak,

Off topic but if you can dump the UI skin does that mean you can also dump the UI Icons? Spells, Enhancements, Feats, etc...

Cheers

IP Logged

Rodrak
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Olrad wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:47am:
Off topic but if you can dump the UI skin does that mean you can also dump the UI Icons? Spells, Enhancements, Feats, etc...

Yeah, but it's not automatic so I rarely do it. For ui skin, I simply added code that dumps it by reading the list of skinnable assets, for other stuff it's not so easy, for items - it's crazy (all the item mutations and their priorities).
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:57am by Rodrak »  

IP Logged

Olrad
Dragon Raider

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Ah, no worries then. It just would have been really handy. Especially if the icons were linked to the names of the Spells or whatever.

I really wish Turbine would make some of this crap available. I'm sick of wasting time harvesting data.

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Really nice info, thanks.  And not surprising at all on the tomes.

Sadly, they might actually not realize that they borked the tomes and think that is how it works.  Because it takes an honest hacker to point out they have no clue.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Vexation wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:17am:
Sadly, they might actually not realize that they borked the tomes and think that is how it works.

It's hilarious how infrequently they look at the live game files. It took them forever to figure out the borked Abbot tables because they were pushing fubared tables to live but whatever version they were using internally was fine. And as Rodrak keeps showing, the game files are riddled with typos and bugs.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
oo Tempestuous looks fun!

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
mangling looks good too

IP Logged

Shade
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Rodrak wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:07am:
Wrong. +4 tomes do not drop from random generator AT ALL. Devs are simply lying here, even level 31 random generator produces only +3 unbound ones (unless they somehow add it outside of the treasure tables which is highly unlikely). All unbound +4 tomes are currently in FR EE chests/raid and are bound to specific chests and not random at all.
OTOH I'm sure it's going to drop randomly when you can actually reach these chest levels in game, but so far, only +3 ones.
I already posted it here several weeks ago. You can get +5 tome from the raid on EE, but the chance is so low that it's worthless. Think several times more rare than shard of ring of spell storing. I'm sure some people are lucky enough to pull it, but it's completely different to +4 tome chances in old raids.

I looked for "feysteel" and can't find anything with that name.

Thx for the info. I'll check ur post history and look it up.

Feysteel: It's a type of mid level scalemail, its dropping in loot lvls 10-19 or so.
Rodrak wrote on Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:07am:
but what's the point of checking it... you'll prolly start seeing these with the next big expansion or later

You saying all this stuff is loot lvl 31 only?

If it's a bit lower, it should be possible now or soon if the devs arent making up the stuff about loot boosts stacking, let's say Demonweb EEs (25):
25 +3 jewel = 28 + 2 chest bless = 30 + 1 map = 31. +3 loot week players choice (if we as the player decide for loot over xp next week):
= 34
So should be ample boosts ingame to hit these lvls now, and even easier during loot weekends.

Also keep in mind EE Raid end rewards currently seem to be maximum level or very close already. We got several of those suffixes to drop in them, and they often drop the also rarely seen max tier armor/shields (Celestial/Planeforged), tho they could be slightly lower tables..

Do you know the min tables for celestial/planeforged gear? or hte min table that spiritcraft/planeforged completely disappears from the table? Pretty sure that was happening on nearly all end rewards during last loot weeknd, for lvl22-23 quests. Higher ones gave worse loot oddly.

Seems if anyone can figure out the bugs in the table its prolly you and not turibne lol.

And again, thanks for your time in checking this stuff. All very useful.

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
You work pleases Shade.  Your life now has meaning.  Carry on.

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
It would be nice if in the upcoming updates all of this Evil and equivalent typed damage would actually have an application in the game besides 2 or 3 quests.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint