Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Plant Zombie= fail (Read 8424 times)
Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Plant Zombie= fail
Aug 22nd, 2012 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Hi guys Sisster here, I am much more of a lurker to this board but there is something with the new quests that really irks the shit out of me. It is the new form of "zombie" I don't really give a shit if they took the same monster gen and dressed up with moss and are calling it a plant zombie. To me re engineering things is all and good but these are not zombies. You can crit a zombie, you can stun a zombie you can't these. They have the same mechanics as they were golems. So when a few of my guildies and me went to do the quest on EE it was literally impossible. Do I want the new content to be challenging? yes. But, I don't want it to be broken. We went in with 2 triple tr wizard casters, one necro-conj, one enchant spec. Nothing could be held, or danced, and very few could be webbed. Our saving grace was we had 2 monks that could do everything is nothing. But with the nerf of timer it still was very tricky. You could neg-level the "zombies" and finger them; which made no sense at all. I know their race classification is plant creature, but why the fuck call them zombies over their heads?

Maybe their intention was they are not suppose to be zombies, just sick humans. I know they wanted to have the quests that make Druids shine, but I don't see how any class really shines here. I went beck a few times into the Outbreak quest on EN, EH and tested a few things. No disruption works on them, the only time I saw them get tripped was with an air elemental, and the only time I ever got a crit on my kensai was on the bosses. The whole thing to me stinks of lazy programing. Like they just thought one day hey I know what would be a good idea lets take flesh golems crank their level up to lvl 51 on EE and give them extra immunities. WTF?
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2012 at 3:48pm by Sisster »  
WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Re: Plant Zombie= fail
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
SISSS!!!!  I LUB YOU!  Kiss

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
SISSS!!!!  I LUB YOU!  Kiss

I LUB you too my Vagling Cheesy

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
They not only have the same looks as flesh golems, some of them get hasted/healed when you lightning them. Have fun.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #4 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Also on a more helpful note:

From the D20 SRD
Plant Type

This type comprises vegetable creatures. Note that regular plants, such as one finds growing in gardens and fields, lack Wisdom and Charisma scores (see Nonabilities, above) and are not creatures, but objects, even though they are alive.
Features

A plant creature has the following features.

8-sided Hit Dice.
    Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (as cleric).
    Good Fortitude saves.
    Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the plant creature has an Intelligence score. However, some plant creatures are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.

Traits

A plant creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Low-light vision.
    Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
    Not subject to critical hits.
    Proficient with its natural weapons only.
    Proficient with no armor.
    Plants breathe and eat, but do not sleep.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:14pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
So can you use waves of exhaustion on them, to better web them? Maybe symbol of pain? I only ran into them on EH, not EE.

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:15pm:
So can you use waves of exhaustion on them, to better web them? Maybe symbol of pain? I only ran into them on EH, not EE.

The point was why call them Zombie when they have no mechanics of Zombie other then looking creepy

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Bugbears are not bears made of bugs.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #9 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:26pm:

Amazing.

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #10 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:36pm
Print Post  

there still Bears... and they are called Bugbears because they scared ppl like the Boogeyman, or a Bugaboo.

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

Shade
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
These quests are no more difficult then many others on epic elite. In fact they are low on the difficulty scale if you use some decent strategies.

You think you can crit or stun a zombie? Clearly you have no clue. Undead have 100% fortification and are immune to stun. Plants the same. You can NOT stun either. You -could- crit both, but youd need to lower or bypass there fortification.

The plant zombies are BY FAR the easiest enemies in this pack. They have very low hp and low fort saves.

Not sure what was wrong with your triple TR wizards though, must of been really terrible. I took along a first life one, he insta killed 90% of them. Wail works fine if you spec for it, zero past lives required.

Speaking of golems: Yea they clearly copy and pasted the flesh golem model/ai.

Really its the crazy "attack the casters" AI of the zombies that make the boss one tough. We eventually pinned him in and melee'd him without any major issue though.

All of these quests are jokes to anyone serious about EE.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:39pm by Shade »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
So, you're telling me that when I kick my ficus in the nuts, it's not doing anything?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #13 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So, you're telling me that when I kick my ficus in the nuts, it's not doing anything?

Crush it?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #14 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
That wasn't a ficus, wizzly hid in your flowerpot.

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #15 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Fortification, where?  Oh, there!

I think it's kind of funny, they are animated in the first place to be plant monsters, then I guess they died and were re-animated to become plant zombies?  It's like they're zombie zombies!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #16 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Shade wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:38pm:
Not sure what was wrong with your triple TR wizards though, must of been really terrible. I took along a first life one, he insta killed 90% of them. Wail works fine if you spec for it, zero past lives required.

I call bullshit.  We all know you only let Wizards cast haste and rage.  Now, go eat a dick you arrogant fuckstick.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  

WHAT IS THIS NEW SORCERY?

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #18 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:49pm:
I call bullshit.  We all know you only let Wizards cast haste and rage.  Now, go eat a dick you arrogant fuckstick.

Oh leave poor Shade alone.  We are all aware that any casters in his parties are just there to Crutch it!!!  Quit being such a meanypants.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
These quests are no more difficult then many others on epic elite. In fact they are low on the difficulty scale if you use some decent strategies.

You think you can crit or stun a zombie? Clearly you have no clue. Undead have 100% fortification and are immune to stun. Plants the same. You can NOT stun either. You -could- crit both, but youd need to lower or bypass there fortification.

The plant zombies are BY FAR the easiest enemies in this pack. They have very low hp and low fort saves.

Really its the crazy "attack the casters" AI of the zombies that make the boss one tough. We eventually pinned him in and melee'd him without any major issue though.

I refuse to believe you have ever witnessed a wizard casting anything but a buff spell.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #20 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Goaticorn wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:54pm:
Oh leave poor Shade alone.  We are all aware that any casters in his parties are just there to Crutch it!!!  Quit being such a meanypants.

Meh, he's not listening anyway, he's busy....do you know how long it takes YaBB to search when you ask it to search for "Shade"? Roll Eyes

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

Groundnpound
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:49pm:

Why the fuck do you think he let a first life wizard in?
LFM prolly said "transmutation archmage wizzy's only... have extend!! Noob friendly"

IP Logged

Sisster
Waterworks Kobold

Like Ya!!

Reply #22 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 5:23pm
Print Post  

I may have been wrong on the stun but yes you can crit a zombie if you bypass their fort, which I tried and nada. I wasn't saying that it was the hardest quest out there or anything.  I more commenting on their mechanics... Can you neg-level, or finger a Zombie? No. But you can the plant zombies

WWWYIM  
IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #23 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Plant Zombies!

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #24 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:57pm:
I refuse to believe you have ever witnessed a wizard casting anything but a buff spell.

Naa, he has seen it at least once out of some.  They were summarily dismissed following that quest however.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint