Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Seriously Turbine? (Read 12185 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Re: Seriously Turbine?
Reply #25 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Aug 25th, 2012 at 10:42pm:
You actually think elite is hard? That's such a fucking joke. Elite is so easy it hurts. Game is getting seriously boring. :/

Reading comprehension for the win, shit for brains.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #26 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Lag and especially UMD lag is about 50% of the reason I'm losing interest in DDO.  It really doesn't matter what content or cool features a game has when you are constantly suffering from lag the game sucks.  Every time I get cursed, etc my character freezes while the game tries to recalculate my gear stats.  It's a fucking disgrace how bad Turbine has let performance get.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Aug 26th, 2012 at 10:28am:
Heroic elite is a cakewalk if you have half an idea how to play. He's bitching about Running which is one of the hardest elite quests, but at best that just means you need a halfway competent party. I 4 manned it in a PUG last life with a hireling for heals and that was even before they nerfed the spell damage in there.

RwtD has always been one of the more difficult quests due to no defense against the light spells of the Ghaele, but I had no problems with that. Just required that you payed attention to positioning and played smarter. The people I was pugging with are all good players from decent guilds.

With the upgrade to spell damage and the lag since the "upgrade" to the physics engine, I have found several quests have become harder, not because of content change, but mechanics issues. When you run around a corner to block incoming spells and are at full health, then rubber band back around the corner and see your soul stone, that is not a player issue. Oh, and no record of what damage you took and how much, that shows that the client doesn't even know what happened.

Oh, and they didn't nerf the spell damage. The others were saying their logs had 300+ damage on a single hit from searing light, and none of them were PMs.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:53pm by »  

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #28 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
herf

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 26th, 2012 at 12:40pm:
I have just came back from a 4 month break, and I have noticed more lag. It is more like the graphics lag I got on my old computer. I dunno, something is different now.

Maybe that physics "upgrade"?  No attack rolls from both melee and ranged weps, random hit box sizes, positioning errors, no spells working, but timers and SP go, etc.

Saw you were on Springroll last night. Didn't bother you since my monk is only level 5.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:54pm by »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #30 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Sounds like maybe Khyber has a lag problem. WTF is "item lag"? Lag from getting cursed? Never seen anything like that. Haven't rubber-banded since the horrendous U13 lag.

I haven't been back in Running myself since U15, but people in channels have reported elite RwtD damage of max ~180/light.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #31 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
JC? How bout you, dark quests giving you the most shit?

I have a vary old computer that was not made with the intent of playing games. I have the graphic settings set to the absolute minimum and thus don't have any problems with the games faulty shadow graphics ext. I only have graphic problems when there is a lot going on and my computer simply does not have the power. I still have the same lag problems as the rest of the party.

However the most interesting thing happened in Gianthold the other day. I was in an over-level pug running Tor elite for scales when we wiped. Group wasn't bad, wasn't great, but wasn't that bad. We were getting hit by things like four comet falls at once that killed instantly.

Anyway. I don't remember all the details but the black dragon annihilated all of us except for a guy who went AFK just before the black dragon. Four of us recall out, remaining survivor waits at the black dragon portal for us to make it back in, and my guildie just waits for me to get in and raise him so he does not need to run back.

The four of us that released all get stuck on the Gianthold loading screen. We can still talk on voice chat. After a long while I disconnect from the server and the game shuts itself down. After I have DDO completely closed my guilde on Vent tells me that as far as he can see everyone is still logged in. As I am trying to get DDO to start back up he tells me that all four of us disconnected on his screen at the same time.

When we manage to reconnect and log in we are all alive and in the quest. Two rooms away from the shrine before the black dragon, with the same HP and SP the we had when we had reached that room. Also on all of our screens my guildie had full hp, but was still dead with a red name and skull icon.

First time that I had the server roll me back. At least it resurrected me. I couldn't use the shrine though.

Edited:
Brain tired. three hours of sleep. Need to get back to reading poll worker guidebook. Fuck insomnia.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:47pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #32 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:09pm:
Sounds like maybe Khyber has a lag problem. WTF is "item lag"? Lag from getting cursed? Never seen anything like that. Haven't rubber-banded since the horrendous U13 lag.

I haven't been back in Running myself since U15, but people in channels have reported elite RwtD damage of max ~180/light.

Khyber is the popular server.

Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, I can certainly say Kings Forest reached up and strangled my vid-card till I killed off stencil shadows...

That quest I was getting deaths in before seeing raises was Battle for Eveningstar on EE, and that's got those dynamic torch lights...

Forget if RwtD has a bunch of pseudo-dynamic lighting...

JC? How bout you, dark quests giving you the most shit?

If there's commonality not linked to networking, it might be there...

I already have all that stuff turned off and I play at a lower graphics quality already to compensate.  I shouldn't have to do so. Dual GTX9800 in SLi should have no problem playing this at highest levels with all the eye candy, along with a 2.6Ghz quadcore intel processor. I can do or play anything else I want except play DDO. It is not my rig or connection. It is something to do with the way they code or send the packets.

Memory leak or what ever that keeps causing the instance crashing has become worse also. I can log in to Eveningstar, run to gate, enter Kings forest and crash. Seconds of play and I crash, with all my graphics pulled way back. My Draw Distance is down to low. Makes no difference.

RwtD has  alll the physics checks for rays and the spam healing and of course the dynamic lighting of the Ghaele themselves when they are in light form

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:06pm:

TY my good sir.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #35 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Khyber is way more populated that Sarlona, that's for goddamned sure. Everywhere I went there were so many fucking people.

I've been having a lot more stuttering during quests, especially when I gain XP, and UMD lag is absolutely awful. Way worse than it ever has been before.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #36 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:55pm:
Khyber is way more populated that Sarlona, that's for goddamned sure. Everywhere I went there were so many fucking people.

Everyone loves Khyber. Everyone moves there. I moved there. You moved there. Epoch moved there. The fucking Kitchen Sink moved there.

...I wanna name my next Warforged "The Fucking Kitchen Sink." His origin story will be amazing. It will be centered around a banana setting off a civil war. It will have nothing to do with a kitchen sink.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2012 at 1:16pm by JC »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #37 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
I'm only there part-time. The monster manual has totally consumed me on my home server. I played like 20 hours this weekend, and about 15 of them were spent hunting down mobs for the MM  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #38 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
I seem to have less of this kind of crap. I put it down to me playing at extremely odd hours (seriously, I get my main game time at UK mornings these days) and being a cantankerous bitch and mainly soloing when I do make it on to DDO.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #39 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:16pm:
I seem to have less of this kind of crap. I put it down to me playing at extremely odd hours (seriously, I get my main game time at UK mornings these days) and being a cantankerous bitch and mainly soloing when I do make it on to DDO.

I played with cantankerous bitches, I know cantankerous bitches, cantankerous bitches are friends of mine. Tere, you're no cantankerous bitch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #40 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
Also on all of our screens my guildie had full hp, but was still dead with a red name and skull icon.

We had that bug crop from time to time, linked with Disconnects and death, in Europe.
A live party member showing as dead to the other or a dead party member showing as alive.

It's purely visual, though it's a weird one.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #41 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:19pm:
I played with cantankerous bitches, I know cantankerous bitches, cantankerous bitches are friends of mine. Tere, you're no cantankerous bitch.

pfft. I haven't bitten you. Yet Wink

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:19pm:

...wait.... Undecided

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #43 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 2:16pm:

I don't think you are cantankerous.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:22pm:

You're getting really good at being nice!

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #45 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:26pm:
You're getting really good at being nice!

I take it one day at a time.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
I have a vary old computer that was not made with the intent of playing games. I have the graphic settings set to the absolute minimum and thus don't have any problems with the games faulty shadow graphics ext. I only have graphic problems when there is a lot going on and my computer simply does not have the power. I still have the same lag problems as the rest of the party.

However the most interesting thing happened in Gianthold the other day. I was in an over-level pug running Tor elite for scales when we wiped. Group wasn't bad, wasn't great, but wasn't that bad. We were getting hit by things like four comet falls at once that killed instantly.

Anyway. I don't remember all the details but the black dragon annihilated all of us except for a guy who went AFK just before the black dragon. Four of us recall out, remaining survivor waits at the black dragon portal for us to make it back in, and my guildie just waits for me to get in and raise him so he does not need to run back.

The four of us that released all get stuck on the Gianthold loading screen. We can still talk on voice chat. After a long while I disconnect from the server and the game shuts itself down. After I have DDO completely closed my guilde on Vent tells me that as far as he can see everyone is still logged in. As I am trying to get DDO to start back up he tells me that all four of us disconnected on his screen at the same time.

When we manage to reconnect and log in we are all alive and in the quest. Two rooms away from the shrine before the black dragon, with the same HP and SP the we had when we had reached that room. Also on all of our screens my guildie had full hp, but was still dead with a red name and skull icon.

First time that I had the server roll me back. At least it resurrected me. I couldn't use the shrine though.

Edited:
Brain tired. three hours of sleep. Need to get back to reading poll worker guidebook. Fuck insomnia.

Hrm... I have noticed what seems like multiple lines in the log of a spell being cast...

Wanna say the "You're buddy is still alive at full health  -wait no he's dead' bit is pre-physics change, or at least I seem to recall similar happening at the last maban...

Then there's the client DCs for Under the Big Top if folks get separated too much, and the as aqua mentions, raycast issue with tunnel-heavy maps. That one might be related to the way they break the maps into chunks (Day off brain still booting up, and forget the proper term damnit)

Could, and likely is, a bunch of little things creeping up.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #47 - Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
big top disconnects are related to being on the path at the top of the stairs where the hellhounds on fireballs come down.

No, I'm not joking. No one believed me for a long time, until they started keeping off the path with me and didn't get disconnected. I don't know how or why that particular part of the quest likes to throw people offline, but it does. I've not disconnected while running that quest since I stopped walking on the path.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #48 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 3:23am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 4:22pm:

Aww. I feel the Vault love  Kiss

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #49 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Didn't bother you since my monk is only level 5.

If you need any plat or anything, bother away. I will hook a brother up.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint