Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Seriously Turbine? (Read 12180 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Re: Seriously Turbine?
Reply #50 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Ran this again last night and got through it with only a few deaths on my part. Two were lag related, though I managed to raise the clonk and kite the mobs through several blade barriers while he raised the rest of the party before I lagged out and died at the first ramp. The second lag death was at the shrine battle

The difficulty would be fine, though it could be pulled back just a little IMO, if it wasn't for the atrocious lag at the large battles. The game would be so much more fun without all the lag and DCing issues. Like I said before, it has become an exercise in frustration.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 9:33am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 8:45am:
If you need any plat or anything, bother away. I will hook a brother up.

Cool. I went back to G-spot now that my irritation level went down, but I think I may spend a day or two on Khyber each week. Depends if my PnP group gets started up again.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
Cool. I went back to G-spot now that my irritation level went down, but I think I may spend a day or two on Khyber each week. Depends if my PnP group gets started up again.

OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING.  I would totally take a break from GW2 to come play with you!  Kiss

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #53 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING.  I would totally take a break from GW2 to come play with you!  Kiss

Is the wolfpack breaking up?? Are you wolfpacking someone else now???  Cry  Cry  Cry

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #54 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
First time that I had the server roll me back. At least it resurrected me. I couldn't use the shrine though.

I've seen more rollbacks in the last six months than I did in the previous 5 years.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #55 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
I already have all that stuff turned off and I play at a lower graphics quality already to compensate.  I shouldn't have to do so. Dual GTX9800 in SLi should have no problem playing this at highest levels with all the eye candy, along with a 2.6Ghz quadcore intel processor. I can do or play anything else I want except play DDO. It is not my rig or connection. It is something to do with the way they code or send the packets.

Yes.  The have a fucked up DirectX implementation or something.  I'm running a Gforce 560 with basically the same processor and this game is the only game that chocks and puked graphically.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:45am:
Yes.  The have a fucked up DirectX implementation or something.  I'm running a Gforce 560 with basically the same processor and this game is the only game that chocks and puked graphically. 

Anything I can do to fix  or mitigate it?

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I'll give you a heads up. If I can finish out the vale tonight on G-spot, I'll log onto Khyber tomorrow. My monk is only level 5, but I have enough XP to take 6. Her name is Acoldwind ToValhalla.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:38am:
Is the wolfpack breaking up?? Are you wolfpacking someone else now???  Cry  Cry  Cry

You know how in a wolfpack the Alpha male gets all the bitches? Well Gawna is just adding to her available bitches.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #59 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
One of my TR buddies started experiencing lag last night.  You could set your watch by it.  He would be able to play for 5 minutes, then lock up for 2, rinse repeat, all night.  I wasn't checking instance ID's however (I just thought about it).  Didn't matter if it was the boat, the market, explorer zones, quests, everywhere.

If one of the other 2 of us were near him we'd start lagging as well when it started.  He never swaps gear or uses clickies aside from potions.  I'm starting to wonder if someone drove a bus through their source code if we'd be able to notice.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #60 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 12:27pm:
One of my TR buddies started experiencing lag last night.  You could set your watch by it.  He would be able to play for 5 minutes, then lock up for 2, rinse repeat, all night.  I wasn't checking instance ID's however (I just thought about it).  Didn't matter if it was the boat, the market, explorer zones, quests, everywhere.

If one of the other 2 of us were near him we'd start lagging as well when it started.  He never swaps gear or uses clickies aside from potions.  I'm starting to wonder if someone drove a bus through their source code if we'd be able to notice.

That sounds like a backup script kicking in and sending files to the backup server.

If the backup network is the same as the traffic network ( and is the same as the maintenance network ) Turbine is doing it wrong. It's basic network architecture to separate the flows... especially the backup and maintenance flows from the traffic flows... because if everybody is on the same network if you loose that network you loose all your means to interact with the servers.
( I won't go into securing maintenance and traffic network... lets just say that they should be duplicated. )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #61 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:08pm:
That sounds like a backup script kicking in and sending files to the backup server.

If the backup network is the same as the traffic network ( and is the same as the maintenance network ) Turbine is doing it wrong. It's basic network architecture to separate the flows... especially the backup and maintenance flows from the traffic flows... because if everybody is on the same network if you loose that network you loose all your means to interact with the servers.
( I won't go into securing maintenance and traffic network... lets just say that they should be duplicated. )

This used to happen regularly.  If I recall, it was 3AM like clockwork and you couldn't open your bank or access the auction house.  This dead hour happened every night.  They fixed it a while ago or at least I haven't heard anyone complain. I'm not regularly online at that time.

Quote:

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:10pm:
This used to happen regularly.  If I recall, it was 3AM like clockwork and you couldn't open your bank or access the auction house.  This dead hour happened every night.  They fixed it a while ago or at least I haven't heard anyone complain. I'm not regularly online at that time.

I remember that, but you're right, it hasn't been an issue for awhile now and I haven't had it happen at that specific time recently. I tend to be on late.

I haven't had the rollbacks, just the lag.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #63 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
The rollbacks are great fun if you've just put something in your shared bank. They are awful if you have just taken something out.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #64 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:49pm:
The rollbacks are great fun if you've just put something in your shared bank

Yeah, that has never happened and doubled my shroud ingredients twice.

Eladiun wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:10pm:
They fixed it a while ago or at least I haven't heard anyone complain

Still occurs, people just accept it now as part of the games 'charm'.

Flav wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 2:08pm:
  I considered that, but then the only thing that makes sense is that there is either A) a corrupt save file for my friend, B) Stored on a bad HD sector, or C) Bacon.  None of which are 'good' considering what potentially could happen so I put it out of my mind lol.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #65 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
It used to happen fairly often when they had quests that could have broken instances like when Acute Derlium was freaking out when you were inside the beholder and crashing something on the server side. If your character was on the portion that crashed, you then got shunted back to the last save position/state for your character. That's probably why they are on top of those sorts of issues fairly quickly.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 28th, 2012 at 11:38am:

OMGNEVAR!  You are my one and only wolfpacker!  Kiss  /wolfpack

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #67 - Aug 28th, 2012 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OMGNEVAR!  You are my one and only wolfpacker!  Kiss  /wolfpack

What if Alcide asked you to join his pack?

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint