Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why GW2 is better than DDO (Read 196045 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Why GW2 is better than DDO
Reply #275 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Ragedancer wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 3:38pm:
how does it compare to the spirit of gw1? is it the same feel, or did they ncsoft it out and make it more like lineage?

i've been reading more reviews, and it seems pretty damn good.  will wait more and see how it outlives its hype.

ddo is getting pretty stale.

I never played lineage, but GW2 is way better than GW1.  It's not the same feel at all, and I think that's a good thing, because honestly GW1 sucked.  Combat is much more active.  Dodging and twitch skills are really important.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #276 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 12:55pm:
I'm not talking about weapon skills as the "build."  I'm talking about Traits here, coupled with weapon skills and secondary skills.
Having 70 Trait points to spread however you want within five disciplines, and each of those disciplines having up to three minor traits and up to three major traits [from twelve to choose from within each line] depending on how many points you spend per tier, allows for massive customization.
Look again at those links and see that each one uses different weapons sets, making for completely different skills.  Each of them has different utility and elite skills, making for completely different secondary skills.  Each of them has different traits, making for different build types and play styles.
Those three builds have absolutely nothing in common during play other than the fact that they all have Guardian icons.  And that was just ten minutes in the planner total.  With some time spent on it, that number gets ridiculously large.  And that's just Guardian.  Every single profession is exactly the same way in this.
Customization is huge in this game.  It just happens slowly and incrementally over the course of leveling rather than at character creation.  At level one every Guardian will be the same.  At level 80 there are literally thousands of possible Guardian builds.

Yeah your utils may be different, and your traits may be different, but all the skills you use 90% of the time (i.e. weapon skills) are lined up exactly the same as every other player in your class with no variation.  If you're a daggersin, you can't choose to use death blossom or not, you must use it.  Every dagger sin is spamming death blossom, regardless of whether he wants to focus on crits or conditions with traits.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #277 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 5:11pm:
Yeah your utils may be different, and your traits may be different, but all the skills you use 90% of the time (i.e. weapon skills) are lined up exactly the same as every other player in your class with no variation.  If you're a daggersin, you can't choose to use death blossom or not, you must use it.  Every dagger sin is spamming death blossom, regardless of whether he wants to focus on crits or conditions with traits.

The fact that they have the same 1-5 skills doesn't make them play the same though.
My Elementalist uses d/d, and it plays VERY differently from most other d/d Eles specifically because of my traits.  He's traited so that when he dances tyhrough his attunements and uses certain skills, he gets a shitload of boons.  Almost infinite swiftness/fury/vigor, reliable regen, so much might it's fucking ridiculous [I'm talking I've seen 18 stacks so far], on demand protection and stability, etc.
These things make him play very fast and loose, unlike many other d/d Eles which tend to be glass cannon builds.
Traits make much more of a difference than you're giving them credit for.
But you played a few hours with Trols and got up to level 25, so you must know what you're talking about.  I mean, you opened the first tier of your traits, and even spent a few points, so you saw how much of an impact they could have....
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:46pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #278 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I like my dual pistol thief...I've taken out quite a few event mobs solo with it with my rotation Undecided

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #279 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Smrti wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:58pm:
I like my dual pistol thief...I've taken out quite a few event mobs solo with it with my rotation Undecided

I'd have trouble with the whole pistol concept.  I don't like that much technology in my fantasy gaming.  Part of why I always disliked Eberron and Warforged and hated Artificers and rune arms and Iron/Mithril/Whatever Defenders.  I'd much rather have Gnomes than Warforged (or Tieflings).  I'd much rather have Cavaliers, Assassins(as a class, not a PrE), Warlocks, Warlords, or some other fantasy class than Artis.  The rune arm is annoying enough.  An actual pistol or two of them?  No, thanks.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #280 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:38pm:
The fact that they have the same 1-5 skills doesn't make them play the same though.
My Elementalist uses d/d, and it plays VERY differently from most other d/d Eles specifically because of my traits.  He's traited so that when he dances tyhrough his attunements and uses certain skills, he gets a shitload of boons.  Almost infinite swiftness/fury/vigor, reliable regen, so much might it's fucking ridiculous [I'm talking I've seen 18 stacks so far], on demand protection and stability, etc.
These things make him play very fast and loose, unlike many other d/d Eles which tend to be glass cannon builds.
Traits make much more of a difference than you're giving them credit for.
But you played a few hours with Trols and got up to level 25, so you must know what you're talking about.  I mean, you opened the first tier of your traits, and even spent a few points, so you saw how much of an impact they could have....

Bro, I'm not arguing that GW2 has customization, but it's a lot, lot less even compared with GW1 - which didn't have much customization to begin with.  In GW1 you had 20-30 attack skills per weapon type, which you could mix and match as much as you wanted.  You could take zero weapon skills or 8.  In GW2, you have the exact same 5 every single time.  Even buying what you said about dagger eles, that's just one additional variation and it doesn't change the general restrictions as a whole.  Tell me how daggersins are going to play differently at end game - because afaik, you're locked into spamming death blossom no matter what traits you choose. 

GW2 isn't perfect and it really seems to me that you're trying to make it out to be by defending one of the biggest and most obvious flaws.  Customization  is lacking in this game, and is a step back from GW1.  You're just being a fanboi who can't admit that his perfect game has flaws, rather than being realistic and looking at things objectively and on the whole. 
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:41pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #281 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:40pm:
GW2 isn't perfect and it really seems to me that you're trying to make it out to be by defending one of the biggest and most obvious flaws.  Customization  is lacking in this game, and is a step back from GW1.  You're just being a fanboi who can't admit that his perfect game has flaws, rather than being realistic and looking at things objectively and on the whole. 

Yep you're right.  I can't admit that it has flaws.
Oh, wait, I admitted that in this very thread.

Cale wrote on Sep 13th, 2012 at 10:23pm:
Yes, it has it's flaws, just like any game does.

Nope, you just don't give credit where credit is due.
As to the Thief spamming DB, you're doing it wrong.  Spamming that skill and wasting all of your Ini is stupid play, because spamming your most damaging attack is not always the best idea.  In fact, it almost never is.  It's no wonder you weren't enjoying yourself.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:54pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #282 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 10:52pm:
Yep you're right.  I can't admit that it has flaws.
Oh, wait, I admitted that in this very thread.

Nope, you just don't give credit where credit is due.
As to the Thief spamming DB, you're doing it wrong.  Spamming that skill and wasting all of your Ini is stupid play, because spamming your most damaging attack is not always the best idea.  In fact, it almost never is.  It's no wonder you weren't enjoying yourself.

Who said I don't enjoy GW2?  lol read the first response to you. 

I'm just commenting on one particular flaw, and you're the one being all Mr. Angrypants about it.  "No you're wrong because you usuck!"  Do you realize how much of a fanboi you sound like?  Take a deep breath, relax.
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:56am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #283 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 1:06am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:55am:
Take a deep breath, relax.

Whoa, hey. Where do you think you are? Not cool.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #284 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 9:31pm:
I'd have trouble with the whole pistol concept.  I don't like that much technology in my fantasy gaming.  Part of why I always disliked Eberron and Warforged and hated Artificers and rune arms and Iron/Mithril/Whatever Defenders.  I'd much rather have Gnomes than Warforged (or Tieflings).  I'd much rather have Cavaliers, Assassins(as a class, not a PrE), Warlocks, Warlords, or some other fantasy class than Artis.  The rune arm is annoying enough.  An actual pistol or two of them?  No, thanks.

Pistols (early variants) are not too far off from the medieval fantasy setting. Maybe 100 years or so? And you can go dagger/pistol too, which is also fun.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #285 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 2:50am
Print Post  

I was a bit worried about this as well to begin with, but they actually did it fairly well.  They usually have flintlock like skins [with the exception of Asuran made firearms] and they aren't overpowered compared to, say, a bow.

AtomicMew wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:55am:
Who said I don't enjoy GW2?  lol read the first response to you. 

I'm just commenting on one particular flaw, and you're the one being all Mr. Angrypants about it.  "No you're wrong because you usuck!"  Do you realize how much of a fanboi you sound like?  Take a deep breath, relax.

I didn't say you were wrong because you suck, Nancy.  I said you thought that there was no variation because you were spamming the same skill and not using all the tools at your disposal.
Q:  Whose fault is it that there is no variation of all you're doing is hitting the same button over and over again?
A:  It's your own fucking fault.
Don't ignore other options available for use and then claim that there is no variety available.  That's just fucking stupid.

And how exactly is your Pale Master so much more fucking distinctive and unique from anyone else's Pale Master?  You spam CoD, FoD, Wail, etc etc etc, just like every other fucking PM in Eberron.  The difference is in the details, and the details are in the Traits.  Ignoring them and saying there are only xXx number of weapons to choose from completely invalidates your argument that there are only a handful of options.  It's like saying there is only one way to build a PM, because all you're ever going to cast are instakill spells.

IP Logged

wowo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #286 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Interesting read.

What I'm seeing:
  • Turbine is fucking up their game enough over the last few updates that grass looks way greener on the other side (ie, not covered in dog shit).
  • Gear is easy to get in GW2 so there'll be little differenitiate between builds there as everyone will go for what's optimal
  • Without much in the way of defined roles there'll be less differentiation between builds there too

Sound about right? I'm a DDO Fanboi, full disclaimer but I just have to Lol when I hear about the lack of "real" choices to compete in DDO when I've played numerous unique concepts through to end game.

I live my Palemaster too, I especially like that I haven't seen any other PM with the triple spec acid/lightning/force which means that I am different to every other PM out there as my spell selection changes my gear and strategy quite considerably. Also have to consider the choice of building a PM to tank (okay not so much in EE) and/or secondary spell focuses like enchantment or conjuration ...

Mechanically, I'm quite liking the direction of DDO with EDs where I feel on my archer (and observe in other builds to a lesser extent) can fill any role in many quests whether it's healer, CC, DPS or tank through a combination of gear, destiny and twists.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #287 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 2:50am:
Q:  Whose fault is it that there is no variation of all you're doing is hitting the same button over and over again?
A:  It's your own fucking fault.
Don't ignore other options available for use and then claim that there is no variety available.  That's just fucking stupid.

Even if I were to use the other 3 skills more often, it would still be the same 4 skills as every body else (I don't consider #1, i.e., auto attack an actual skill).  It doesn't matter if it's 1 skill,4 skills or 5 skills, the point being it's the same skills all the time. 

Also, off topic, but spamming death blossom is pretty much what you want to do as an assassin.  And that's because DB spam is the highest damage per initiative.  Not only is it the highest DPI, but it also has built in evade.  Same thing as in GW1, DB spam was the highest DPS possible and that hasn't changed.  In PvE, heartseeker is basically a gap closer and cleanup of lone targets after the fight has been decided anyway. 

Quote:
And how exactly is your Pale Master so much more fucking distinctive and unique from anyone else's Pale Master?  You spam CoD, FoD, Wail, etc etc etc, just like every other fucking PM in Eberron. 

My lich has stunning fists. 

Quote:
The difference is in the details, and the details are in the Traits.  Ignoring them and saying there are only xXx number of weapons to choose from completely invalidates your argument that there are only a handful of options.  It's like saying there is only one way to build a PM, because all you're ever going to cast are instakill spells.

In DDO, my wizard uses up to 16 spells that I actively use, not even including buffs and forms.  I can also choose to swap in any spell and put it on my main bar at any time.  In GW2, your weapon skills are always 1-5.  Your self heal is always 6.  The elite skill is always 10.  Not sure how you can argue that GW2 has the same amount of customization as DDO, the difference is extremely tangible.

IP Logged

RJ
Korthos Resident

Dungeon Master

Reply #288 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 8:19am
Print Post  

I thought that that would ruin the game for me too - I usually hate technology...but arenanet did a great job. Pistols/rifles aren't overpowered at all, and look very cool.

LvL 80s: Thief, Necro, Warrior, Guardian, and Elementalist. Leader of the Dragon Blood Cult [DBC] of Maguuma.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #289 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:49am:
Even if I were to use the other 3 skills more often, it would still be the same 4 skills as every body else (I don't consider #1, i.e., auto attack an actual skill).  It doesn't matter if it's 1 skill,4 skills or 5 skills, the point being it's the same skills all the time.

This just proves that you have no idea what you're talking about.  More on that below.

Also, off topic, but spamming death blossom is pretty much what you want to do as an assassin.  And that's because DB spam is the highest damage per initiative.  Not only is it the highest DPI, but it also has built in evade.  Same thing as in GW1, DB spam was the highest DPS possible and that hasn't changed.  In PvE, heartseeker is basically a gap closer and cleanup of lone targets after the fight has been decided anyway.

Wrong again.  Backstab is the highest DPS for a d/d Thief.  Not only is it the highest DPS per initiative [because it costs zero Ini], but it's the highest DPS attack in their arsenal period.
Not only that, but spamming DB will leave you zero Ini when you need to use a different skill.  Having the right skill available when you need it is where skill comes into play, and if you spam DB you will never have the right skill available.
Thieves that spam DP are what the PvPers call Baddies.

In DDO, my wizard uses up to 16 spells that I actively use, not even including buffs and forms.  I can also choose to swap in any spell and put it on my main bar at any time.  In GW2, your weapon skills are always 1-5.  Your self heal is always 6.  The elite skill is always 10.  Not sure how you can argue that GW2 has the same amount of customization as DDO, the difference is extremely tangible. 

Fire attunement, five skills.
Water attunement, five skills.
Air attunement, five skills.
Earth attunement, five skills.
Heal.
Three utilities.
One elite.
That's twenty five available skills, assuming none of the three Utilities were Conjures.
How many spells and forms does your wizard actively use again?
Even if we're not talking about an Elementalist [which would be the proper comparison for your Wizard], other professions have:
Five on the first weapon set.
Five on the second weapon set.
One heal.
Three Utilities.
One Elite.
One-to-four Professional skills.
So that's an average of between sixteen and nineteen for other professions.
So once again, How many spells and forms did you say your wizard actively uses?
I can also choose to change weapons, utilites, and elites at any time that I'm out of combat, just like you can.

You aren't accounting for everything available again.  Sixteen vs five is not a valid comparison.  If you can actually start to use facts to support your argument then I might take your argument seriously.

And I never said it had the same amount of customization as DDO.  I said it had a HELL of a lot more customization than you're giving it credit for.
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:34pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #290 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
I can't find the client anywhere. Does someone mind linking me to it? The client I found on the guildwarswiki seems to error out on me. I think that one is for the beta client but I'm not sure.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #291 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
It's the same client that was used for Beta.  We didn't have to download a new client at launch.  It was just updated properly.
Try here
https://account.guildwars2.com/download

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #292 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:41pm:
It's the same client that was used for Beta.  We didn't have to download a new client at launch.  It was just updated properly.
Try here
https://account.guildwars2.com/download

oh, my friend was saying he would give me the info after I downloaded the client. Looks like I need it before.

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #293 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I thought it was better for the first 2-3 weeks. But now i am kinda stumped. There is no fucking end game once you cap in GW2..

Combine that with the worst fucking last mission in the history of gaming. ( tops mass effect 3 in my books.) And this game is shit ! The last mission in my personal story really was a let down. I cannot say i have ever been so let down in my life playing games! To have such a great game up to that point is really underwhelming.

Basically from what i can see is guild wars was just a flavor of the month. Kinda like Diablo 3, Skyrim and dragons dogma. Once you actually cap there is  fuck all to do. All my friends are in the same boat. Bored done and moved back to their mmo of choice. Half the folks i know are going back to wow to be a fucking panda! GW2 is already losing players fast!

Sure Turbine has been eating their own two feet lately. I agree on that front. Pretty hard to stay enthusiastic about DDO in its current state. The grind still scares folks away along with all the bugs. But in the end, that grind is what keeps us playing. That is something that guild wars does not really have. Its end game is pvp and WvsW

It is a different game. Has some cool stuff but is it a ddo killer. Not really.

You guys will be in my shoes soon enough. If you enjoy the journey to cap then you will love Guild wars. But if you are a end game player, You will grow bored fast!

Moving back to ddo! It is home! Guild wars 2 was just a distraction like all the other games!

I am glad Cale found it so great. power to him, But this game is not for me. I can safely say it was a big letdown. I expected more just like all those other ddo killers out there. In the end i just have another box on my shelf collecting dust!

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #294 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
pissedoffonArgo wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:18pm:
There is no fucking end game once you cap in GW2..

Hmmmm, this is a valid concern for those folks that grind like crazy to hit the level cap. In GW2, the xp does flow like water, as does the gear. So, there is little to no grinding like say... DDO.

Different concept to many mmo's which could be confusing to those folks that relate extreme grinding as entertainment.

Grinding for xp/gear in ddo became useless option with the recent changes to difficulty and gear drops. Combined with the bugs and piss poor quality its no wonder the player base dissolved in DDO.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #295 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
pissedoffonArgo wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 4:18pm:
I thought it was better for the first 2-3 weeks. But now i am kinda stumped. There is no fucking end game once you cap in GW2..

End game is "Guild Wars", it's right in the title.

IP Logged

wowo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #296 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:26pm:
This just proves that you have no idea what you're talking about.  More on that below.

Wrong again.  Backstab is the highest DPS for a d/d Thief.  Not only is it the highest DPS per initiative [because it costs zero Ini], but it's the highest DPS attack in their arsenal period.
Not only that, but spamming DB will leave you zero Ini when you need to use a different skill.  Having the right skill available when you need it is where skill comes into play, and if you spam DB you will never have the right skill available.
Thieves that spam DP are what the PvPers call Baddies.

Fire attunement, five skills.
Water attunement, five skills.
Air attunement, five skills.
Earth attunement, five skills.
Heal.
Three utilities.
One elite.
That's twenty five available skills, assuming none of the three Utilities were Conjures.
How many spells and forms does your wizard actively use again?
Even if we're not talking about an Elementalist [which would be the proper comparison for your Wizard], other professions have:
Five on the first weapon set.
Five on the second weapon set.
One heal.
Three Utilities.
One Elite.
One-to-four Professional skills.
So that's an average of between sixteen and nineteen for other professions.
So once again, How many spells and forms did you say your wizard actively uses?
I can also choose to change weapons, utilites, and elites at any time that I'm out of combat, just like you can.

You aren't accounting for everything available again.  Sixteen vs five is not a valid comparison.  If you can actually start to use facts to support your argument then I might take your argument seriously.

And I never said it had the same amount of customization as DDO.  I said it had a HELL of a lot more customization than you're giving it credit for.

I've got 14 quickbars - 140 slots - visible on my archer and will use them all over the course of a quest and 90% during combat at some point (rebuffing after death etc).

Further more, I'm starting to keep additional hidden bars that I can swap to when I change destiny to fill a different role. Many people haven't noticed but DDO has let almost any character fill almost any role in most quests, which I'm really enjoying at the moment.

Then there's another bar for quest specific items that I don't want to reslot each time (ice wands, meteors, crests etc).

So ... 20 bars? 200 slots? GW2 compare to that? Mind you, I'm not even sure it's a good thing, I'm constantly looking for ways to cut down on gear and things to click and I really enjoy swapping to my unarmed rogue and not having to worry about having much stuff to click (still has 10 bars visible though ><).

For spells that my PM uses ... Necrotic Bolt, Blast, Ray, Black Dragon Bolt, Acid Rain, Meteor Swarm, Prismatic Ray, Spray, Chain Lightning, Eledars Electric Surge, Ottos Irrestible Dance, Dancing Ball, Mass Hold Monster, Crushing Despair, Symbol of Death, Energy Drain, Hypnotism, Wail of the Banshee, Finger of Death, Circle of Death, Cloudkill ... Negative Energy Burst, Death Aura ... Displacement, Fireshield, invisibility... Long term buffs, party buffs, clickies, potions, scrolls, quest specific spells ... The list goes on.

Mind you, that's just what I can think of first thing in the morning before I can get on DDO to look. I thought about getting on to look but if I could, why would I be posting here.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #297 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
wowo wrote on Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:04pm:
Mind you, that's just what I can think of first thing in the morning before I can get on DDO to look. I thought about getting on to look but if I could, why would I be posting here.

LMFAO
You should have opened with this.

As to the rest of it, Yeah, I totally buy it.  You actually regularly use all 200 of those hotbar slots.
Nice try dude.
But even if you did, which there's no fucking way that you do, but even if you did you said yourself that you're "constantly looking for ways to cut down" on that shit.
If you want to cut it down, why is it somehow a selling point that it's even possible?  If it's so awesome, why are you looking to cut down on it?  That's backwards logic bro.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #298 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Let's look at it i na different light.

All those that find GW2 combat/style/char customization lacking, have you played many or any other MMO's? How about DnD based RPG's like Baldurs Gate and real PnP games?

My instinct is that those with little MMO exposure and more PnP exposure, will find it hard to transition to any other MMO from DDO.

Every other MMO, GW2 included, follows the same limited number of active skills, with cooldowns. That can work fine, but the annoying thing for me, is that the basic attack is one of those.

I like GW2, but it is totally different to DDO for me. It is more jump in and play, dying is just an inconvenience. It does feel like ranged is a lot more fun than melee though.

Targeting sucks though, for me at least. I will probably slowly level my Asuran Engineer, I have paid my $60 so it is something to do when I am not in the mood for DDO or it is down.

So in short, I really like what has been done with GW2, but the base gameplay style is still standard MMO for me. Turbine are very lucky their combat engine hit such a massive homerun way back when, and no one else has broken the MMO mould completely.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #299 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
It is very difficult to compete with turbines combat engine in ddo.  I still login to run some stuff just because I love the combat engine that much.  The rest of ddo onth, has become the greatest failure any mmo out there has ever done.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31
Send TopicPrint