Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why GW2 is better than DDO (Read 196377 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Re: Why GW2 is better than DDO
Reply #400 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I hate you guys.

Aww, don't be mean to Gawna /vaginacuddle

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #401 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Well, I received a $50 gift card to Amazon for my birthday yesterday, and I am seriously considering buying GW2.

IP Logged

Coocoo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #402 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We're on Dragonbrand, too!  Our guild is NSFW Smiley  I can usually be found on Gawnapewpew.

Hey, Randy, why should our server be called Peanut Butter?

sorry for bugging you on your lunch... figured this quote was an open invite to harass you..now that I realize that you're an open face cunt sandwich... I'm glad I didn't get the invite. Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:09pm by Coocoo »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #403 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Coocoo wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:06pm:
open face cunt sandwich

That is almost good enough to get an invite.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #404 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Don't hold the mayo.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #405 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:54am:
Don't hold the mayo.

Or the cunt.

IP Logged

Ragedancer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #406 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:58pm:
She is kidding. She likes the attention, please continue to send her tells.

ah i knew i did something wrong...i only sent one.  gawna im just waiting to see you long on to bombard you with tells.

actually i don't really care, just thought you were recruiting, ill join a competetive wvw guild once i cap and gear up.

btw necro sucks, warrior levels much faster.  what was wrong with mine epoch, was the 100 broken skills, and gimp minion ai.

...and the fact that i didn't make love to my minions.

Quote:
Oh man, penis gets me every time.

IP Logged

Ragedancer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #407 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, I received a $50 gift card to Amazon for my birthday yesterday, and I am seriously considering buying GW2.

you'd definately get your moneys worth, they did a real nice job with the game.

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #408 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Ragedancer wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:16pm:
ah i knew i did something wrong...i only sent one.  gawna im just waiting to see you long on to bombard you with tells.

actually i don't really care, just thought you were recruiting, ill join a competetive wvw guild once i cap and gear up.

btw necro sucks, warrior levels much faster.  what was wrong with mine epoch, was the 100 broken skills, and gimp minion ai.

...and the fact that i didn't make love to my minions.

Fuck minions, it is about AOE - just like any other mmo.  Wells and marks son, wells and marks.  L2P noob.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ragedancer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #409 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
l2p,,,,you say defending the gimpiest class in gw2... 
sure condition master may be ok for wvw, but they fixed range on epidemic last patch, minions are still borked (though shadowfiend got a fix with blind), and life siphons still aren't working with traits to perform at a satisfactory level.

its ok though, i thought they were ok too, until i tried a different class.  they have potential, but they still need some more love.

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #410 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Ragedancer wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:17pm:
l2p,,,,you say defending the gimpiest class in gw2... 
sure condition master may be ok for wvw, but they fixed range on epidemic last patch, minions are still borked (though shadowfiend got a fix with blind), and life siphons still aren't working with traits to perform at a satisfactory level.

its ok though, i thought they were ok too, until i tried a different class.  they have potential, but they still need some more love.

I haven't tried a different class yet.  I can kill groups of mobs and then keep going.  I tried elementalist but it was like a sorc with no metamagics, boring.

I wanted to try warrior because it dual wields.  Havent done it yet though.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #411 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 6:26pm:
I haven't tried a different class yet.  I can kill groups of mobs and then keep going.  I tried elementalist but it was like a sorc with no metamagics, boring.

I wanted to try warrior because it dual wields.  Havent done it yet though.

I so agree. The ele has so many broken skills and seems quite underpowering compared to other classes.

I also swapped to warrior. not very "tanky" though. I need moar practice dodging.

I am unsure what you mean by dual weilding in this case thoug, all classes can. Unless you mean the weapon set swap that ele's do not get?
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 7:20pm by mystafyi »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #412 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
I had a Charr warrior in the first beta weekend and didn't really like it, but I'd like to try again now that I'm used to the game.  It was such a shock to not be able to just stand and melee everything.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #413 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 7:18pm:

I so agree. The ele has so many broken skills and seems quite underpowering compared to other classes.

I also swapped to warrior. not very "tanky" though. I need moar practice dodging.

I am unsure what you mean by dual weilding in this case thoug, all classes can. Unless you mean the weapon set swap that ele's do not get?

Well yeah, all classes can.  A necromancer dual wielding is a bit different then a warriors.  I don't care for the guardian.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #414 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:58pm:
She is kidding. She likes the attention, please continue to send her tells.

THis reminds me of the my birthday thread in the other forums to you stainer. I told everyone to send you throwing weapons as presents in the mail since you were such an advocate of the thrower builds. Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:34pm by Breaken »  

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #415 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 3rd, 2012 at 8:09pm:
I don't care for the guardian.

My Guardian kicks ass *(^$&($%

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Ragedancer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #416 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:58am
Print Post  
yea too bad guardians don't have a solid range wpn.

gs/lb prec signet warrior for lvling is insanely fast and strong.

caught up to lv20 necro, and it was amazing the difference.

warriors aren't spose to be tanky though in gw2, dps or support via banners.  mesmers and guardians for tanking seem to work 'ok'.

Quote:

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #417 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I checked out their forums and I have a couple of questions. 

How much does "night capping" actually effect the servers over all in the WvWvW competition?  I read that Dragonbrand server lost their night time population and also HoA(?) has a strong oceianic population to "night cap" when the north american population is mostly at work and asleep.  Seems a bit demoralizing if you go to sleep and wake up and you lost all that you've won just because you don't have a server population to cover that time.

Is there any indication that the free server transfer thing is going to stop?  I read that it is there until guesting is implemented.  I don't like the idea of someone coming into the match on my server and wasting our supplies to help the other team.  I wouldn't mind if I could kill that player trying to screw us but as I understand it, you can't punish those spying and doing other activities like wasting supplies.  I have no objection to spying and espionage but you don't have counter measures when someone does a server transfer just to do that.  If there are countermeasures you can implement then I wouldn't mind so much.

How much of a impact is the bots and what do they actually effect?   

How long of a wait is typical for WvWvW?

Leveling a newb.  How many players are around to run with in lower levels?  I figure people are playing at cap for a bit once they get there.  Wondering if there is a good population with a bad case of altitis.

Diminishing returns.  When does this actually kick in.  I've read that it can effect someone just doing a area without even trying to farm it.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:08pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Ragedancer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #418 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
havn't had time for www yet, but i heard the server transfers/spys/saboteuring will stop pretty soon, they're just balancing it out.

one lv 22, and a 25 and havne't noticed 1 bot yet, more whine than actuall annoyance.  i was having concerns from reading thier forums about it, though i think its much worse in the higher zone? will see when i get there...

there are new players eveywhere, we swarm like flies on shit when an event is up, and usually you encounter ppl on the way to skill points, vistas etc..  havn't joined a party, but with the no kill steal system, it feels like you're constantly grouped when you're xp'ing in zones cus of everyone around.

theres alot of ppl rolling alts since its so new, not alot of info on forums, so the best way to see a char is to play it to lv11 or 20ish.

DR is broken and has recieved alot of heat, there will be a happy medium in the not so distant future i think, that will fuck the bots, but won't inconvenience players too much.

games fucking awesome, i haven't been able to bother logging into ddo for more than a few min to check auctions since i got it...and today not at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #419 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
There are a fuckton of bots everywhere you go.  Not sure how you can get to level 24 without noticing them.  Maybe it's a server thing, but I probably see 10+ a day playing maybe 2-3 hours. 

As for having people to play with at lowbies, there are lots of people as long as you're playing in the right time zone.  And hey, even if you're not, you can run around with the bands of roving bots.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #420 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
If a server is full, does that mean you cannot get on that server ever, or is it just full right now? Do you have to keep logging back in to see, or can you just wait on the select screen until it changes?

If you choose a different server just to start playing, is that your home server and you cannot change it or can you have a toon on different servers, but it can only be on that server?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #421 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If a server is full, does that mean you cannot get on that server ever, or is it just full right now? Do you have to keep logging back in to see, or can you just wait on the select screen until it changes?

If you choose a different server just to start playing, is that your home server and you cannot change it or can you have a toon on different servers, but it can only be on that server?

The server is full until someone in it decides to move to a different server, or until Arena net increases the servers max population.

When you choose a home server all your toons are on that server, I've not worked out a way to have multiple toons on multiple servers.  For the time being it's free to transfer servers, apparently one day it'll be changed to a paid service though.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #422 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Well that sucks. So when people decide to buy and try the game based on what friends say, they can't play with their friends if they are on a full server. There should be a way for friends to be able to invite them to a full server so they can play together.

Anyone know if they are going to increase populations soon or anything? If I like the game and continue to play, I would prefer to be on Dragonbrand with you guys.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:10am by »  

IP Logged

DrDetroit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #423 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:58am
Print Post  
What are the bots and what do they do?

Also, if you are done with DDO can I have your large stones?

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #424 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:59am
Print Post  
DrDetroit wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:58am:
What are the bots and what do they do?

Also, if you are done with DDO can I have your large stones?

Did you just ask to cup Stainer?

Stainer, your nuts are in his hands...

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
Send TopicPrint