Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why GW2 is better than DDO (Read 196345 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Why GW2 is better than DDO
Reply #425 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
The Gawna & Stainer server is FULL???   I just found some best buy giftcards from christmas and was gonna get gw2 since there isn't shit else i would by from best buy.

Noooooo!!!!

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #426 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:48pm:
The Gawna & Stainer server is FULL???   I just found some best buy giftcards from christmas and was gonna get gw2 since there isn't shit else i would by from best buy.

Noooooo!!!!

Just check a few times throughout the day during low load times. It's bound to be open at some point.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #427 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:48pm:

Noooooo!!!!

DO ITTTTTTT!  Like Vis said, keep checking and you'll find an opening.  Lots of server transfers are going on right now.  DON'T GIVE UP!  Kiss  /wolfpack

IP Logged

RJ
Korthos Resident

Dungeon Master

Reply #428 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Turbine did get the LFM panel right. Annoying having to use the chat panel to find a couple more people for a dungeon...hope they implement a "dungeon finder" or something like that.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 4:28pm by RJ »  

LvL 80s: Thief, Necro, Warrior, Guardian, and Elementalist. Leader of the Dragon Blood Cult [DBC] of Maguuma.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #429 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:25am
Print Post  
I can tell you why it's worse: I can't click in on my mouse wheel to do a look around. Or maybe I haven't figured out how to do it yet. Otherwise pretty fun so far.

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

ranncore
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #430 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
I know most DDOrs hate WoW, but I'm having a blast playing it. But then again, I'm not playing in Pandaland - I joined a free to play, privately hosted "vanilla" (no expansions) server that just launched 6 weeks ago.
The economy is fresh, there's hardly any level 60s on the server, and the newness has instilled a healthy competitiveness to dungeons and raiding - lots of "first completions" and "first to loot xs" happening on the forums right now.
And you know what else? The game has been out for 8 years - it's been THOROUGHLY bug tested. The GMs - yes, there are GMs on a private server - are responsive and helpful, and thorough about banning multi-boxers and botters (so if that's your thing, this isn't for you).
Last I heard the population on the server during peak hours was somewhere about 2,000. There's apparently a lot more Hoarde players than Alliance, but I'm in a big Alliance guild (last week we had 20 members, now we have about 120), and I never have problems joining PUG groups, finding people wandering around in the wilderness to team up with.
Coming up on my first serious dungeon and I'm exciting to start decking out my Priest and getting him raid-ready.
Mostly an older crowd, people trying to relive the nostalgia WoW vanilla experience or experienced WoWers not interested in pandaland for kids. Me personally though, I had never played WoW before and I'm loving it so far.
Check it out if you want. http://www.emeralddream.com/

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #431 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
ranncore wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 3:43pm:
I know most DDOrs hate WoW, but I'm having a blast playing it. But then again, I'm not playing in Pandaland - I joined a free to play, privately hosted "vanilla" (no expansions) server that just launched 6 weeks ago.
The economy is fresh, there's hardly any level 60s on the server, and the newness has instilled a healthy competitiveness to dungeons and raiding - lots of "first completions" and "first to loot xs" happening on the forums right now.
And you know what else? The game has been out for 8 years - it's been THOROUGHLY bug tested. The GMs - yes, there are GMs on a private server - are responsive and helpful, and thorough about banning multi-boxers and botters (so if that's your thing, this isn't for you).
Last I heard the population on the server during peak hours was somewhere about 2,000. There's apparently a lot more Hoarde players than Alliance, but I'm in a big Alliance guild (last week we had 20 members, now we have about 120), and I never have problems joining PUG groups, finding people wandering around in the wilderness to team up with.
Coming up on my first serious dungeon and I'm exciting to start decking out my Priest and getting him raid-ready.
Mostly an older crowd, people trying to relive the nostalgia WoW vanilla experience or experienced WoWers not interested in pandaland for kids. Me personally though, I had never played WoW before and I'm loving it so far.
Check it out if you want. http://www.emeralddream.com/

So it is completely ftp? I tried the Wow to 20 trial and did a druid elf thing based completely on how mesmerising the boobs are when they jiggled on start up, but never found a sensible way to interact with my fellows. On whatever server it was, it seemed to be completely soloists or gold spammers.

Lotro is sort of the same. i am in a friendly euro based guild, but I don't even know what I can join and what I would be a liability for, you know? So I hide. The ddo lfm panel is a great asset, in actuality, even if they keep trying to kill it...

IP Logged

ranncore
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #432 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
it is 100% free to play. do you know how to use torrents?

How to get in to our server-

1. Download this vanilla 1.12 client:
http://logon.vanillagaming.org/VanillaGaming_1121_Pack.rar.torrent

2. Unpack the rar into a folder titled world of warcraft or anything really.

3. Open the realmlist.wtf file in notepad and put this in its place:
set realmlist emeralddream.servegame.org

4. Go to http://www.emeralddream.com/account/creation and make an account

5. Start up wow and let the game suggest a server for you, it will suggest emerald dream so click ok. If you click realm list then emerald dream will come up as offline and you will not be able to get in.

If you have absolutely any problems and want or need me to walk you through any part of this feel free to PM me and I will be glad to help you.

IP Logged

ranncore
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #433 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
It's an RP/PVP server so the admins are very adamant about banning botters, gold spammers, and multiboxers, and just plain rude players, and the population is mostly adults and very friendly so far. If you want into a friendly and helpful guild (albeit one with foul language) I'd be happy to get you an invite to ours.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #434 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
ranncore wrote on Oct 7th, 2012 at 4:58pm:
It's an RP/PVP server so the admins are very adamant about banning botters, gold spammers, and multiboxers, and just plain rude players, and the population is mostly adults and very friendly so far. If you want into a friendly and helpful guild (albeit one with foul language) I'd be happy to get you an invite to ours.

Heh. Foul language isn't a problem, trust me.

Does a piker joining the guild have a negative impact in Wow? I don't mind lurking in Lotro for ages because there's effectively no negative impact on me being there even if I decide to not play for a couple of months. I don't want to commit and disappear if it matters, I feel bad about that in the Spellswords on Ghallanda although they are always lovely about it if I log in and angst about it...

IP Logged

ranncore
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #435 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Nah, there's nothing like a renown system or anything like that.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #436 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Yesterday they booted everyone for a patch. I had a sad. But then as soon as I was done downloading the patch, I was able to get back in immediately.

Suck it, DDO.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #437 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:59pm:
Yesterday they booted everyone for a patch. I had a sad. But then as soon as I was done downloading the patch, I was able to get back in immediately.

Suck it, DDO.

Don't forget about your badass moustache!

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #438 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Don't forget about your badass moustache!

IP Logged

ranncore
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #439 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
lol

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #440 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
"People just see my moustache and are like, 'I wanna ride that guys face.'" -rest

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #441 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 9:25am
Print Post  
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Beta-Feature-Mobile-Two-Factor-A
uthentication

FYI

As part of our ongoing commitment to security in Guild Wars 2, I am pleased to announce that we are making a mobile two-factor authentication solution available for beta testing, effective immediately.

Mobile two-factor authentication is an alternative means of securing your Guild Wars 2 account, and like e-mail authentication, is optional but strongly encouraged. Rather than sending you an e-mail when unauthorized login attempts occur, the game (or any of our online web sites) will prompt you for a six-digit number any time you log in to a Mobile Authenticator-protected account. Using a freely available app on three major smartphone platforms – iOS, Android, and Windows Phone – you can obtain the correct six-digit number unique to your account. These numbers change every 30 seconds and can only be used once; this ensures that without your mobile device, an attacker would not be able to compromise your Guild Wars 2 account.

Please be advised that this feature is currently in beta and we are actively working to get it up to our standards of quality. Use of this feature should be considered “at your own risk” until we have completed the beta phase. We have already identified two major improvements to the feature that we will complete before releasing this system for general use:

To increase security of your account, unlinking the Mobile Authenticator will require additional six-digit codes.

We will be introducing an option to “remember my current network” so that you will not have to authenticate every login from trusted environments.

Of course we will also be interested in your feedback on this feature, and will make sure to take into account your suggestions and opinions during final development.

Setting it Up:
Steps will be associated with either [Computer] or [Mobile] for where the step is taking place.

[Computer] Navigate to https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security/totp and log in with your Guild Wars 2 credentials.
    - If you are redirected to the Security home page (https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security), be sure to add /totp back into the URL.
    [Computer] Identify the correct app for your mobile platform. Here are some suggestions:
    - Google Authenticator for iPhones and Android.
    - Windows Authenticator for Windows Phones.
    [Mobile] Download the application to your mobile device.
    [Computer] Click ‘Next’ on the Account Management page
    [Mobile] If your version of the Mobile Authenticator app has the ability to scan QR codes, use it to automatically scan the QR code displayed in Account Management [Computer] and skip to step #7.
    [Mobile] If your version of the Mobile Authenticator app does not have the ability scan QR codes, or that ability is not working with the QR code displayed, enter your credentials manually.
    - “Account Name” is the same as your Guild Wars Account Name.
    - “Key” is the secret code displayed in Account Management [Computer].
    - Select “Time Based” and not “Counter Based”
    - Select ‘Add’.
    [Computer] In the field below the QR code, enter the six-digit code now displayed from your Mobile Authenticator app [Mobile].
    Click ‘Next’.

For more information, please refer to this Knowledge Base article – http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9238

Thank you in advance for your support, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on this initiative.

- Mike Lewis
Guild Wars 2 Security Coordinator
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:43am by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #442 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Bullfucking shit.  What kind of game makers ask the players about this shit? It is like they want their players to actual respect them or something.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #443 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:53am:
Bullfucking shit.  What kind of game makers ask the players about this shit? It is like they want their players to actual respect them or something. 

Meh.  Even Turbine has a Mournlands team and Lamannia Betas and a suggestions and ideas section on the website.  What game maker doesn't ask players about this shit?  It's the listening that is hard, apparently. 

Honestly, unless the GW2 players are smarter or better than every other MMO's player base (we know this isn't true), the game maker is screwed by asking for suggestions.  Most players make suggestions based on indvidual immediate wants that create micro vs. macro economic issues or short term gratification vs. long term gratification.  What is good for the individual is not necessarily good in volume and delayed gratification (called grinding) is necessary.  Such trade offs will always generate resentment in the vocal, forum using portion of the playerbase over time.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #444 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:10am
Print Post  
GW2 has shown they not only take account of player opinion, but it actually helps in their decision making.

If Turbine listened to the player base this game wouldn't be so fucking shitty right now.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #445 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Just curious Epoch,  but is this you?

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #446 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:05am:
Meh.  Even Turbine has a Mournlands team and Lamannia Betas and a suggestions and ideas section on the website.  What game maker doesn't ask players about this shit?  It's the listening that is hard, apparently. 

I'm just impressed by the use of two-factor authentication and the words "our standards of quality."

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #447 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 1:02pm:

Absolutely not!  I am skinnier and have less hair on my face and chest.
Also, my nose has been broken several times and it shows.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

sephiroth1084
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #448 - Oct 11th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:03pm:
Absolutely not!  I am skinnier and have less hair on my face and chest.
Also, my nose has been broken several times and it shows.

Get punched in the face a lot over your sunny disposition?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #449 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:27am
Print Post  
sephiroth1084 wrote on Oct 11th, 2012 at 5:58pm:
Get punched in the face a lot over your sunny disposition?

I got into fights a lot as a kid.  I just like to impart a little reality and self realization on people.  Just because they are afraid to accept it has nothing to do with the facts presented to them.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31
Send TopicPrint