Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why GW2 is better than DDO (Read 195030 times)
Jezzik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Why GW2 is better than DDO
Reply #675 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 10:07am
Print Post  
I don't have much time for gaming these days, tried this out and have had the most fun I've had in a mmorpg since I discovered I could eat people in uo, probably the most fun in pve ever. Saving pvp for 80.

I like how I can log in and play for an hour and actually get shit done, I don't even have to look for a group the whole fucking world is my group.

Doing the personal story quests below the rec lvl has really been taxing my abilities, I like it, can't overpower it with gear and really have to think about what I am doing ect.

Engineer is my favorite class ever from any game, so many cool ways to approach a fight and I can buff/heal/attack by switching weapon kits, the game actually encourages varied combat approaches.

And holy shit they did a great job on the world artwork and architecture, some BRUTAL jumping puzzles haha

Still miss ddo but its not really something I can get stuff done in when I only manage a few hours a week for games.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #676 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Yeah, the open world is one of my favorite parts of GW2.  Hopped on last night and did some map boss and event hopping and had a blast.  They've really upped the rare drop rates since they made the change - I got 3 out of the Claw chest last night.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #677 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Being able to fill a group for dungeons across the servers was well done.

Would like it if they could just sync all the timered events to just a regular spawn schedule and have all servers just go off the one timer so that if stuck into overflow for events, you'll still get the event.

I do like the open world but the mobs are just not very fun to fight, kind of boring and stale.  Nothing different really happens much between mobs(difference like Pit vs Cabal mobs and what they use against you.)  Champions are also a bit uninteresting and their HP are just insane stupid.  Nothing really challenging in most of the stuff.

DDO mobs were more fun to deal with at least.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #678 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 at 11:30am:
Champions are also a bit uninteresting and their HP are just insane stupid.  Nothing really challenging in most of the stuff.

Let me know how your encounter with a Champion Krait goes.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #679 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 at 11:39pm:
Let me know how your encounter with a Champion Krait goes.

I don't like dealing with krait.  They annoy me and I don't like fighting against them so I tend to avoid them.  I fight enough of them in W3 and I'd rather not deal with them there either.  I don't plan on dealing with that champ krait. 

Things like the dragons and inquest golam mark II should be bad assed fights but they are very lack luster.  I can understand low level world bosses being a bag full of suckage but dragons at least should be way more interesting than beating on their foot or just shooting at it from the spot on the rocks that doesn't give you that damage you get from being too close to claw of jormag.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #680 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I killed people in WvW!  I hate WvW, but I need the map completion.  I also got my Gift of Wood.  Hehe, wood.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #681 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I killed people in WvW!  I hate WvW, but I need the map completion.  I also got my Gift of Wood.  Hehe, wood.

I saw you link it last night. I hate you. Let's fuck now.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #682 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:

legendary making?  I have not looked into it to much, but I have my gift of exploration, ~200 ectos, and I've been putting all my yellow weapons in the forge hoping to win the precursor lotto.  I have to look more into it to see what is actually needed for some of the cool ones.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #683 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:03am
Print Post  
So... is GW2 still the go-to game for a DDO alternative?  I'm feeling the need for a game that isn't becoming just a really elaborate skin for a slot machine.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #684 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:09am
Print Post  
GW2 is different.  It wont eat up nearly the time that DDO or other MMOs do.  That being said, I'm finding it really really easy to throw still 10 hours a week at it.  Getting to end game and geared is pretty easy, so alting is very enjoyable.  PvP, while not all that of a draw for me, is fun to mess around in, and there are some very serious PvP only players (the two are fully separate and you never have to PvP or interact with a PvPer if you dont want).

I preordered it, and have not put another cent in it.  All content, classes, races, professions, everything is included.  Cash shop is almost purely cosmetic, and you can by Cash shop Gems (think TP) with in game gold if you want.  Expanded my backpack that way.

All games have bugs, but GW2 is so much more polished, and better run, that DDO looks like a steaming pile of shit imo.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #685 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:16am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:09am:
All games have bugs, but GW2 is so much more polished, and better run, that DDO looks like a steaming pile of shit imo.

This is true for just about any Class A title.  I would challenge someone to find a game that is in worse shape in this area.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #686 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:16am:
This is true for just about any Class A title.  I would challenge someone to find a game that is in worse shape in this area.

While it is not hard to be above the Turbine bar, I think ANet/GW2 surpasses most other MMOs in both interaction (might be that they are just new and not bitter yet) and final product (again new code).

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #687 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:31am
Print Post  

Luckily they have been hiring people that are really good at their job lately.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #688 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:33pm:
legendary making?  I have not looked into it to much, but I have my gift of exploration, ~200 ectos, and I've been putting all my yellow weapons in the forge hoping to win the precursor lotto.  I have to look more into it to see what is actually needed for some of the cool ones.

I'm making Kudzu.  I'm not in any rush, but I like working towards something.  Every fucking yellow longbow I get goes into the Forge and everything else gets crunched for ecto.  Some of my ecto stores have been depleted due to going for the Mystic Clovers (need 77 and it's an RNG lottery to get them).

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #689 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:09am
Print Post  
OK...  I'm sold.  From the reported size of the download though, I think I'll be ordering the box from Amazon; it'll be here quicker  Wink

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #690 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:39am
Print Post  
I haven't really let myself get too into GW2 yet.  ESO has really piqued my interest as well as Garriott's upcoming game.  I'm pretty much focusing on single player titles for awhile I think until I see how those two shape out.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #691 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Yes ESO looks pretty interesting. I need something to complement my gaming for next winter mainly.  Currently I am building shelving, but I've done almost all of that I need to do.  My next project is a cat jungle gym.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #692 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:23am:
My next project is a cat jungle gym

I picture a fitness center with leopard print everywhere

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #693 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 12:57pm:
I picture a fitness center with leopard Speedos everywhere
fify

but i actually meant cat housing.  Thinking something like this.  Went to get one at Pet Smart and it ran like $250.  Considering I have some left over carpet in the basement, I found my new time filler Smiley

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #694 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Adorable kitty!

My two barn cats would just sneer at it in disgust Smiley

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #695 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  

Oh good... I've never played another MMO, so the one argument that could be used against my rants was "but it's like that in all MMO's" - I always hadda just shut up after that was pulled out.  Had no argument.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #696 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
So the only thing I hated in the original GW was walking like FOREVER... I mean within regions, not between them, where you can teleport.

Still a lot of walking with almost nothing around?

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #697 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
No walking unless you want.  And I would highly suggest walking.  The game looks great, and world completion is lots of fun, and the vistas are great.

Once you find a WayPoint (ie come within 10ish yards in game) its unlocked and you can tele there any time for an irrelevant fee.
In the world there are 511 different WPs, and within each zone there are between 10 and 30.  You can res at any WP you have found, and link them in chat to let people know where events are.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:12pm by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #698 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:10pm:
No walking unless you want.  And I would highly suggest walking.  The game looks great, and world completion is lots of fun, and the vistas are great.

Once you find a WayPoint (ie come within 10ish yards in game) its unlocked and you can tele there any time for an irrelevant fee.
In the world there are 511 different WPs, and within each zone there are between 10 and 30.  You can res at any WP you have found, and link them in chat to let people know where events are.

OK, it was the walking _with no encounters or mobs_ that used to annoy me so much... you could walk for a good minute or two in areas of GW and not see ANYTHING but the scenery... that got really boring after you'd already been through it a couple times.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #699 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 5:03pm:
OK, it was the walking _with no encounters or mobs_ that used to annoy me so much... you could walk for a good minute or two in areas of GW and not see ANYTHING but the scenery... that got really boring after you'd already been through it a couple times.

That's not the case at all in GW2 - there's mobs, events, vistas, quests, and crafting everywhere you go.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
Send TopicPrint