Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GW2 Combat Mode 1.1 (Read 339 times)
Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

GW2 Combat Mode 1.1
Nov 17th, 2012 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
http://guildwars2.mmmos.com/?page=view&id=2213

I used the MediaFire download.  The other one uses a scripting program with it, "auto hot key" I think.  If you can't get mediafire version to work, you can try the other.

This is so nice to have.

Have to hit tab to bring up the mouse pointer if you need to click on something but I now have my left and right mouse buttons available for something other hand holding down to look around.  I programmed my mouse wheel click to be tab.  It doesn't support tab targeting though.  It doesn't have a problem if you use nearest target if you don't care to use the auto target it says for you to turn on.

When you hit tab, your mouse pointer will appear in the very center of your screen, each and every time and you don't have to make sure that you put that pointer in the middle before you hit tab either.

I've also modified my circle in the middle of the screen.  Easy to do in paint.  The ones it comes with are a bit too big for my tastes.

If you haven't seen videos, it lets you run around without having to hold down the mouse button to look around and also adds a circle/x/cross/y shape in the middle of your screen but those are easy to modify in paint.

Takes a few to set it up the way you want but you'll be happy to use this if you haven't already downloaded it.

This isn't going to get you banned either.  A dev basically stated that ANet doesn't want to have to test mods or support them so you are basically using this at your own risk and as long as the mod doesn't modify any code or get you ahead of another or bot, they don't really have any problem with them.

This made my game play experience so much nicer.

EDIT....

It does have a odd quirk.  When you use a non-weapon skill, it puts you back into mouse mode so you have to hit tab right away to get back into look mode. 

One more edit...

Actually, it isn't really any non-weapon skill.  Shadow refuge and signet of agility kick you into mouse pointer when you use those skills.  Not sure what others actually do that the Thieve's guild and the thief hide in shadows and signed of shadows do not when you activate them. 

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2012 at 2:37pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: GW2 Combat Mode 1.1
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 9:08am
Print Post  
I read on the official forums that it was a no no. I don't know if they have a "Warden" program to detect it though.

Edited:
I saw your line about the forum. I know I read something specific to this program being verboten. I am a pansy and afraid to risk it. Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2012 at 9:10am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I'll let you know if I get banned.  Kind of doubting it though.  So far no problems beyond a few quirks.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

RJ
Korthos Resident

Dungeon Master

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure Anet said that only files that automate your char or edit game files are illegal. This one is allowed, although I'm against it...my old man is all for it.

LvL 80s: Thief, Necro, Warrior, Guardian, and Elementalist. Leader of the Dragon Blood Cult [DBC] of Maguuma.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
AHK is only slightly worse (automation-wise) than the base software that comes with Razer mice and the like, I doubt that they will be too upset about it.  I used AHK in D3 for a while to make swapping MF gear easy, and I never got any flak, and Blizz is pretty strict on that kind of thing.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
How's your frame rate?  Mine dropped from 65+ to about 30 when it was running.  It was fucking ridiculous, so I stopped using it.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #6 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 8:50pm:
How's your frame rate?  Mine dropped from 65+ to about 30 when it was running.  It was fucking ridiculous, so I stopped using it.

I ended up setting my video card to performance but that was going to happen anyway.  I would occasionally get choppy video in a zerg and wanted to try and smooth that out but that was before I started using combat mode.  I also had a few other issues with Internet Explorer wanting to run while I was playing guild wars.  Not sure what was going on, especially since I don't use it, it just came with windows.  It was time for my yearly wipe and re-install anyway as well as needing to dump DDO and then would have to defrag and stuff.  The IE problem may be do to a guild wars fansite.  Chrome kept blocking me from it because of too many pings or something along those lines.  I stopped going there on this machine.  My other machine I don't care so much about and there is some handy info on that site.  I was wondering if it had to do with their real time AH function. 

Bla, bla, bla....

Lowest frame rate I'm getting now is 49 with combat mode on but that is in a area without any players around.  Not sure in a zerg but I haven't checked then. 

It all pretty much smoothed out adjusting my card.  The wipe didn't help but it did make IE stop turning on.  Didn't notice any major drop in video quality.  Stuff farther out doesn't fully render their textures until I get closer and I'll notice it change but that is about it.

I'm using a Phenom II X6, 4 Gig memory, 5970 black edition(not the fancy expensive one with gobs of memory but the black edition that is set up for overclocking.  There may be a little extra memory on that compared to the spec.)  Nothing is overclocked yet, haven't yet had a need for it.  I'm also using a DSL connection.  Sometimes it can get a little wonky but that only happens during lightening strikes, probably happens to other land based connections.

Video quality would have to get something awful before I stop using this program.  Would be better if the developers would update the user interface to allow me to play without having to use this program.  I would like to play in full screen again.  Don't care too much for windowed mode.  My bar pops up at the bottom sometimes when I'm going for the map button.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:30am by Fuck Off »  

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #7 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Wait, so GW2 is so much better than DDO that you need hacks to play it conveniently?

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 7:27am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 6:59am:
Wait, so GW2 is so much better than DDO that you need hacks to play it conveniently?

Well, and you can play it with a Raspberry Pi.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #9 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 10:20am
Print Post  

Well, ANet has their fuck ups also.  It isn't all virgin pussy.  Not as old and used as Turbine pussy though.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #10 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Doing Jormag, with combat mode turned off, I was around 22 to 24 FPS.

Didn't make a difference with it turned on or off.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Jormag always gets crazy laggy for me without any fps-reducing mods - sometimes my skills go off and sometimes they don't.  I don't get that same lag at all on Teq or Shatterer.  Weird.

IP Logged

RJ
Korthos Resident

Dungeon Master

Reply #12 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Jormag always gets crazy laggy for me without any fps-reducing mods - sometimes my skills go off and sometimes they don't.  I don't get that same lag at all on Teq or Shatterer.  Weird.

A lot more people at the Claw than at Teq or Shatterer due to the fact that it's a level 80 encounter and precursors supposedly have a higher drop rate there, and he uses many more effects than the two other dragons, along with the many adds he spawns while fighting him.

LvL 80s: Thief, Necro, Warrior, Guardian, and Elementalist. Leader of the Dragon Blood Cult [DBC] of Maguuma.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
RJ wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 4:37pm:
A lot more people at the Claw than at Teq or Shatterer due to the fact that it's a level 80 encounter and precursors supposedly have a higher drop rate there, and he uses many more effects than the two other dragons, along with the many adds he spawns while fighting him.

Stop being all logical!

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #14 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Nov 29th, 2012 at 3:22am:
I ended up setting my video card to performance but that was going to happen anyway.
<snip>

All that stuff about the reinstall and shit....
I'm running a GeForce 560 at max settings and getting that 65+ fps.  This is on a new machine, built right around launch time.  The issues that you were having are not the issues that I was having.
That drop to 30 fps still happened when settings were lowered on the new machine
I really wanted to like it for the mouselook toggle and targeting reticle, two things that the game sorely needs options for.  But I'm not cutting my fucking framerate in half to get it.

It doesn't need mods at all.  Sometimes mods are just nice to have.
I'm certain that ANet will eventually introduce a mouselook toggle and a targeting reticle in a QoL update, therebye removing the reason most people use this to begin with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint