Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Guild Wars chests with a champion/veteran near (Read 205 times)
Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Guild Wars chests with a champion/veteran near
Nov 18th, 2012 at 9:27am
Print Post  
I tend to just shadow refuge at the chest and open it without killing the boss.  Does this really matter or is there something special or more after killing the champ or vet?

There is a champ flying tentical thing near a chest after the "pebbles" jumping puzzle for example.  Other chests have been around that I've looted before I killed the stuff in the area.

There is one chest in particular that I was able to loot real quickly because of a event.  I looted that thing 3 times before killing any major boss in the area.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Re: Guild Wars chests with a champion/veteran near
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
In my experience, you don't get anything extra for killing the boss.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
If I never see another fucking karka again, it will be too soon.....

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

RJ
Korthos Resident

Dungeon Master

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
They have increased the drop rates of exotics on champions, so I find them worth killing if I'm in my standard 5 man group which makes quick work of them.

and I love karka.

LvL 80s: Thief, Necro, Warrior, Guardian, and Elementalist. Leader of the Dragon Blood Cult [DBC] of Maguuma.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Had sooo much fun running the event today!  And by running the event, I mean pointing and laughing at Drilltex's laughless corpse.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 8:34am
Print Post  
RJ wrote on Nov 18th, 2012 at 6:59pm:
They have increased the drop rates of exotics on champions, so I find them worth killing if I'm in my standard 5 man group which makes quick work of them.

and I love karka.

I've just been running around exploring and if no one is around I'm not going to mess with the champ but I'll invis and help my self to the chest they are guarding though. Cheesy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I did the new jumping puzzle in Southsun Cove (with the little steam things that blow the rock stairs up), got my cheddar, then ran across the little bridge to the island where a Champion was guarding moar cheddar!  I looted the chest and killed him and neither dropped anything exciting even with a magic find consumable going. /sad gawna

Derp, just re-read OP and realized I was referencing the same chest you were!  Ha!  So, tl;dr: I killed the guy and still didn't get anything good, so you didn't miss out.  If you want my Cleric's Pistol, though, you're more than welcome to it.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:46am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint