Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GW2: What driver are you using? (Read 130 times)
RJ
Korthos Resident

Dungeon Master

GW2: What driver are you using?
Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Quick question for others that play GW2; what driver do you use? I have a gtx 550ti and I'm using 306.02, the driver that came out around August 28th, the launch of GW2. Now I tried upgrading to one that came out a couple weeks ago and my FPS dropped a considerable amount...just was wondering before I go uninstalling and downloading the newest driver to see if there is an increase in FPS what everyone else is using and the FPS they are at.

Btw...cale, gawna, i'd like your char names, would be sweet to run some EXP dungeons with you guys sometime.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:29pm by RJ »  

LvL 80s: Thief, Necro, Warrior, Guardian, and Elementalist. Leader of the Dragon Blood Cult [DBC] of Maguuma.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Re: GW2: What driver are you using?
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
I'm running a GTX 560 with 306.97 ever since it was released.  Might be the beta version.  Not sure on that one, but I installed that driver a week or two after launch if memory serves.
And I'm down for some dungeons.  I'm mostly a weekend warrior.  No time during the week to play much.  Account name Calebrus.
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2012 at 9:43pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 10:07am
Print Post  
My computer is really old (4+ years) and I'm sure way out of date, as I have not actively updated any drivers in the last 18 months or so.  I was hoping GW2 would give me an excuse to update to a new computer, but it runs very smooth.  The loading screens when I tele or go into a dungeon is the only slow part (sometimes up to 25 seconds, but only when I alt tab over to iTunes to changes songs).

I would be interested in running either Exp dungeons or FoTM.  Really like the armor from CoF so have been PuGing that, for the first 2 paths which are both pretty quick.  IGN Prof Chaos
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2012 at 11:06am by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 11:01am
Print Post  
I'm running 306.97 that I downloaded in the weeks after launch and have had no issues.

My account name is (surprise!) Gawna.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2012 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
I'm running on a new macbook pro and it runs just fine

stainer runs on a guinea pig/treadwheel run GPU - at least that's his excuse for why he plays so bad...

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint