Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pathfinder MMO closed beta kickstarter (Read 810 times)
Lost_Leader
Korthos Resident

I Love Whiskey!

Pathfinder MMO closed beta kickstarter
Dec 2nd, 2012 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
This'll be the game that finally pulls me from DDO. We stopped playing DnD and switched to Pathfinder for our table top game years ago.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandb...

Not sure what I think about the whole kickstarter idea, but hey, if it gets me playing a year earlier than I would've been, then what the hell.

I don't get drunk . . . just less sober!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Pathfinder MMO closed beta kickstarter
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:23am
Print Post  
You know who plays pathfinder? Idiots.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:52am
Print Post  
And for only $1,000 you can be an alpha tester. (Along with 3 months of subscription and a bunch of digital crap.)

Yeah, and you thought Turbine was bad for charging $10/month for being a beta tester.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Wow.  So, you give them $1000 and if they get enough fools customers, they will actually build the game?  With a 2014 timeline for beta? 

Lol.

IP Logged

Ckorik
Dragon Raider

N00b

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 10:42am
Print Post  
After reading through the 'design' I'm giving this one a 'pass and doubt it will do well'.

There is already a game that does everything they claim to be 'groundbreaking' - it's called darkfall.

IP Logged

Lost_Leader
Korthos Resident

I Love Whiskey!

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Pathfinder is for idiots? It's a tabletop rpg, so duh. But we like it better than 4e and its seems to be gathering quite a following. I think they actually sold more pnp books than dnd did this year.

Actually its about $80 bucks for a 4 month subscription (they added a month in announcements), invite into beta, and a few other things, not $1000. Which is still a bit pricey, but may do it anyways. I paid my $80 for motd so I could have a kitty and tomes.

It is similar to DDO being released basically as a beta for over a year. But DDO was open release and cheaper. I stuck with DDO because I am a fan of dnd 3.5, not because the ddo product was outstanding.

« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2012 at 5:15pm by Lost_Leader »  

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
i did this with Mortal online... never even logged in lol

fool me once shame on me fool me twice ... dont get fooled again!

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Lost_Leader wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:50pm:
not $1000.

At the $1000 level they're not even offering a reach around, much less lube, though.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Pathfinder is for idiots? It's a tabletop rpg, so duh. But we like it better than 4e and its seems to be gathering quite a following. I think they actually sold more pnp books than dnd did this year.

Actually its about $80 bucks for a 4 month subscription (they added a month in announcements), invite into beta, and a few other things, not $1000. Which is still a bit pricey, but may do it anyways. I paid my $80 for motd so I could have a kitty and tomes.

It is similar to DDO being released basically as a beta for over a year. But DDO was open release and cheaper. I stuck with DDO because I am a fan of dnd 3.5, not because the ddo product was outstanding.

I think you are missing the point.  They will not even proceed if they don't get to 1,000,000.  With DDO, you paid to join a beta that was already a product.  This isn't even a product.  It's a concept.  They raised 300k and spent it on proof-of-concept.  The 1 million isn't all they need to build and release the game.  There will be more "need to raise X million by X date or we can't proceed" milestones to come.  It's a big money grab.

Oh, and they want 1 million by January 2013 and you won't see beta start for 18 months.  Live game in 36 months.  Assuming they meet their production schedule, which, is a total guess considering they haven't even finished design phase.  How many MMO's actually ship on time?  You are really paying $80 to play a game in a year and a half? (at best.  Likely 2 years for beta)  How many people plunked down $80 to play MoTU in 4 months and ended up never playing it.  And that was guaranteed to come out.

And, again, they don't guarantee that they will even make the game.  Just that for 1 million dollars, they won't give up thinking about making it. 

I understand you like Pathfinder, but this business model is sketchy.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 4:52pm
Print Post  

4e is just as bad as pathfinder. They are both for retarded individuals who cannot comprehend anything that involves an imagination.
You don't stick with DDO because you are a  fan of 3.5.  Everytime you type soemething you show me exactly why you like pathfinder.  Holy fucking shit man.  The game is nothing close to resembling 3.5

You should blame your parents.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Lost_Leader
Korthos Resident

I Love Whiskey!

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:45am
Print Post  
I like 3.5, and as far as mmo's go, ddo was as close as you could get to it. I think pathfinder is a better game than 4e, and has some things that I like more than 3.5. The main thing is that it isn't owned by wotc.

Epoch, I am gonna go out on a limb and assume that you are not a big fan of... well anything.

@asheras:

I get what they are doing, its not quite what you are saying, but close enough. Like I said, not entirely happy with the whole concept, but its a gamble I may be willing to take (haven't decided yet). The gamble being whether or not I would buy the game anyways, and if I have the disposable income now, then could by myself a present a couple years out.

Of course, there is the possibility they won't make their goal, but I think that's pretty slim. And there is the possibility the game will suck balls. Of course, I would have bought it anyways, to find that out. I would save myself $25 and not get to play the early release.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Lost_Leader wrote on Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:45am:
Epoch, I am gonna go out on a limb and assume that you are not a big fan of... well anything.

That is bullshit, I am fan of many things. Come to my abode, I have a basement full of tools that help me enjoy many things.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #12 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 5th, 2012 at 3:59am:
That is bullshit, I am fan of many things. Come to my abode, I have a basement full of tools that help me enjoy many things.

TRANSLATION:  That is bullshit, I am a fan of many things.  Come to my abode, I have a basement full of tools that help me torture and maim my victims.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #13 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Yes Hordo, that is the joke.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:30am
Print Post  
WHY ARE YOU RUINING MY TRAP!?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Reply #15 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
I was very excited for 4e to come out, bought it, read it, hated it, swore up and down I would never played it.  Then, this past summer I bought pathfinder and I never looked back.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #16 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:30am:
WHY ARE YOU RUINING MY TRAP!?

Wasn't very hard yo ruin was it ?

You seem in fine voice today, eat some yellow snow did we ? Or did you just "fall" in the water again?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:18pm:
Wasn't very hard yo ruin was it ?

You seem in fine voice today, eat some yellow snow did we ? Or did you just "fall" in the water again?

Ohhhh shit, silky is on a rampage!  Beware my fellow vaulties, I was just "pwned".

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Dec 8th, 2012 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
It's known that you hate everyone and everything except Alaska so I've always wanted to ask you Epoch is that because no one loves you or because you include yourself in "hating everyone" ?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #19 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Dec 8th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
It's known that you hate everyone and everything except Alaska so I've always wanted to ask you Epoch is that because no one loves you or because you include yourself in "hating everyone" ?

He doesn't hate *everyone*. He doesn't hate me.

Well, either that or he hates me so much he can't put it into words!  Cheesy

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Dec 8th, 2012 at 9:41pm:

I don't hate everyone.  It really has nothing to do with liking people.  Respect is more about what it is.  I don't hate what i can respect. There are quite a few people in ddo and on the vault that I like. Need examples?
Stainer
Gawna
Aqua
Arkat - has his moments, but he's alright
Grace - lower then mediocre ddo player, but she can be pretty funny
Strake - even beside the whole creating the vault thing
Gunga - kinda retarded when he first got here, but I cant imagine this place without him anymore. Great guy.
Azog - need I say more?
Alaska
Myself - I am pretty narcissistic, can you blame me? I am awesome

You can tell I like them, because I don't insult them. I don't like dio, but I have some respect for the little fuck nugget.  So that makes him AoK in my book. 

You can ask people that group me with me in ddo.  I don't go straight to demeaning the worthless puggers until they show me they are fucktarded.

Stupid people though, who choose ignorance over reality.  People who try so hard to be "awesome", "cool", or "one of the big bad guys" (especially on the vault), and just generally try to be what they aren't and suck so hard at it.  These people are not worthy of respect.  They are trash, and are treated as such. You fit in with them, it is your calling.  Destiny is not written in stone though, it is flexible, it can be changed. You have a long road ahead of you to change that, I wish you the best.

Love,
Epoch

PS - You should blame your parents.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Vtec
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 3rd, 2012 at 4:23am:
You know who plays 4thEd.? Idiots.

Fixed.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #22 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 9th, 2012 at 5:43am:
snip

Stupid people though, who choose ignorance over reality.  People who try so hard to be "awesome", "cool", or "one of the big bad guys" (especially on the vault), and just generally try to be what they aren't and suck so hard at it.  These people are not worthy of respect.  They are trash, and are treated as such. You fit in with them, it is your calling.  Destiny is not written in stone though, it is flexible, it can be changed. You have a long road ahead of you to change that, I wish you the best.

Love,
Epoch

PS - You should blame your parents.

It's odd because you clearly you fit in this last bit, see funny thing is I have "grouped" with quite a few of you and you are not as douchey as you all pretend to be in these forums.

I find it odd when peeps turn into asshats in these forums and then accuse others of doing what they do lolz.  That said practice what you preach maybe but then that would mean looking inwards and that is not something you like to do is it lol

PS -  you shouldn't blame you parents cause I am sure they did the best they could with what little they had to work with.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2012 at 10:40am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #23 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 11:05am
Print Post  
If you cross me ingame as a fucking idiot, I guarantee I am.

You have great responses! It is like you beat up a some random kid in 3rd grade and stole his responses. Keep trying, you can make it there one day. Your mother has faith in you, rotted as her body might be.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #24 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 9th, 2012 at 11:05am:
If you cross me ingame as a fucking idiot, I guarantee I am.

You have great responses! It is like you beat up a some random kid in 3rd grade and stole his responses. Keep trying, you can make it there one day. Your mother has faith in you, rotted as her body might be.

Says the guy that can't do anything other than mom jokes lol. You did know mom jokes are old and tired and for those with no imagination didn't you.

Keep singing the same ole tune...lol
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2012 at 1:40pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint