Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Potions of Wonder (Read 14607 times)
aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Re: Potions of Wonder
Reply #25 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 7:19am:
lol you just dont like the guy. He is incharge of loot, and people dont give him a break, nothing is ever good enough. The potions of wonder make the game more fun for many many people... kind of the goal of the game.

He seems to have a soft spot for random things. There are places where this is creating fun, and there are places where it's creating grind.

It's interesting to see that the doors swing both ways.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #26 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:06am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 7:19am:
lol you just dont like the guy. He is incharge of loot, and people dont give him a break, nothing is ever good enough. The potions of wonder make the game more fun for many many people... kind of the goal of the game.

I don't like the guy because he is fucking awful at his job. Loot under him has been the worst in modern DDO.

I didn't mind him as a player, the solar phoenix was a fun flavor build. You don't take a flavor build guy and put him in charge of loot though, he is going to make the players who are actually good hate the game. Putting him in charge of Potions of Wonder would be fine though, quite appropriate for him.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #27 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Can anyone confirm the shroud blades?  I didn't witness them first hand, so I'd like some corroboration on that one.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #28 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:06am:
I don't like the guy because he is fucking awful at his job. Loot under him has been the worst in modern DDO.

Only if all you consider is two-handed weapons in comparison to eSoS. Everyone else wound up with decent upgrades for their weaponry and gear.

The only disappointment I've had with the new loot is lack of augment slots in the Realms gear, but I'm not sure exactly who gets the blame for that one.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #29 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 2:56pm:
Only if all you consider is two-handed weapons in comparison to eSoS. Everyone else wound up with decent upgrades for their weaponry and gear.

The only disappointment I've had with the new loot is lack of augment slots in the Realms gear, but I'm not sure exactly who gets the blame for that one.

I am upset that Clerics still lack a complete enhancement line! Who do I complain to about that?

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #30 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:53pm
Print Post  

Come on there is no fucking upgrade in items for Clerics. ( except random loot )
I'm slowly swapping all my L20 named items out for random fucking loot because that's the only thing that's worth it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #31 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:53pm:
Come on there is no fucking upgrade in items for Clerics. ( except random loot )
I'm slowly swapping all my L20 named items out for random fucking loot because that's the only thing that's worth it.

Clerics don't get any love!

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #32 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:53pm:

you are doing it wrong then. let me myddo your cleric and i can give you pointers. Random loot is just as important as named loot... opening chests has meaning besides getting plat to buy dragonscales.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #33 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:06am:

lexcept for rogues, twf's, fvs, bards, druids, monks, s/b, Arcanes and Arti's but other than that (THF Barbs fighters and Paladins) it hasnt been as good. it says more about the brokenness of the ESoS than the new gear and weapons.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2012 at 5:13pm by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 5:05pm:
you are doing it wrong then. let me myddo your cleric and i can give you pointers. Random loot is just as important as named loot... opening chests has meaning besides getting plat to buy dragonscales.

I am thinking you didnt fully understand his point there. divines in general have gotten simply horrible named loot and that random loot is better then his existing named loot.

I have to agree, named loot for divines has been outright bad for so long. But, after the spellpower debaucle with healing I doubt any love is coming soon.

IP Logged

Flag_sheep
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:24am:
Can anyone confirm the shroud blades? 

Shroud blades confirmed, damage in the range of 30's. No screenshot, so take is as you will.
The amount of 'wtf!' produced - priceless Smiley.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #36 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Everyone else wound up with decent upgrades for their weaponry and gear.

Fucking bullshit, W/f have been essentially ignored under feather.

Hell he completely locked w/f out of the u14 sets before there was a relative outcry in the beta.

W/f monks are worse than ever now too, mostly due to shit gearing compared to everyone else.

He's got no fucking clue how to make gear for the top tier of players, and it shows.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #37 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 1:22am:
Fucking bullshit, W/f have been essentially ignored under feather.

Hell he completely locked w/f out of the u14 sets before there was a relative outcry in the beta.

W/f monks are worse than ever now too, mostly due to shit gearing compared to everyone else.

He's got no fucking clue how to make gear for the top tier of players, and it shows.

remember when rangers were awesome? Development is cyclical. Monks have gotten a shit ton of love since they got boned by GS handwraps, and hand wraps in general still such, hardly the item guys fault its the code thats the issue. Livewood core is totally shit for w/f monks right? same with EE Ivy wraps, not mention how shitty the Amautator wraps from the challenge can be. IDK but my guildies are loving their monks on EE.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #38 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:29am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 6:56pm:
I am thinking you didnt fully understand his point there. divines in general have gotten simply horrible named loot and that random loot is better then his existing named loot.

I have to agree, named loot for divines has been outright bad for so long. But, after the spellpower debaucle with healing I doubt any love is coming soon.

People just dont want to change their gear load outs and play style. Lots of great armor out there for divines, EE forgotten light is also nice for clerics. Never mind that AC is viable for Divines again with all the cool random gear out there. Personally I love my Radiance ring of omniscience paired with a wall of wood on my fvs.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #39 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:26am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:22am:
Livewood core is totally shit for w/f monks right?

Yes I am saying it's shit.

no matter how you spin it, the spider-spun caparison is > then livewood core for a monk.

Answer me this, when you're wearing your livewood core tell me where you're getting your +1 ki and your reinforced fists? 

+1 insightful wisdom and con (cause that's all i'd gain) and some fortification, isn't really good enough to justify being permanently slotted, w/f has racial con and fortification boosts anyway.

A w/f wearing dragontouched or any old epic docent already had enough fort to never get critted.

I said that w/f have been essentially ignored, and that w/f monks (not all monks) are worse than ever. I even fucking specifically stated compared to everyone else.

Thanks for missing the point, and reminding me how good fleshy monks have it.

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #40 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:34am
Print Post  
There have been 5 new docents since motu

3 of them are direct copies from fleshy armors

the 2 unique docents are absolutely terrible, useful only as a wasted slot for a set bonus.  (which we had to fight for)

Tell me again how Feather isn't essentially ignoring w/f?

Then explain why cannith had no unique docents, it's nothing to do with cyclical development, it's detached developers.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #41 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 11:24am:
Can anyone confirm the shroud blades?  I didn't witness them first hand, so I'd like some corroboration on that one.

Got shroud blades on heroic VoN6 when a crazy scotsman drank a pot while we were all niftly huddled at home base after killing the pillars.

They killed the only divine in the raid and 2 more folks. Priceless.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #42 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:24am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:34am:
  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

you should prolly quit then. Seriously, sounds like you are just bitter b/c there is no spider spun docent. Stoneheart and Ancient Gemstone are excellent docents ( about right for the amount of 1 compared to all the other races), and EE Livewood allows you to have +3 str planar focus of prowess for 3 different +3 insightful bonus in 2 slots and no need to slot any other heavy fort item or twist in the sentinel fort.. much needed for fleshy melee. Reinforced fists comes on admittedly slightly weak antipode and enhanced Ki from oremis necklace. Any other questions or is hater gonna hate and thats it? Care to complain about noit enough halfling Paladin thrower specific gear?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #43 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:47am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 18th, 2012 at 6:56pm:

Yes that's the whole point... Instead of having a reason to bring my cleric into that retarded waste of time with a She-Coyle that is supposed to be a raid ( namely : CiTW ), I just farm VONs and a few oldies at epic levels with gimps ( that way I can level them) and if they loot something that can replace one of the named item my cleric has in the shared bank the loot goes.

Even the fucking items from the Challenges and the Commendations are leh at best, of when of relative use they are in a slot where there's something much more important.

JDollar wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:29am:
People just dont want to change their gear load outs and play style.

Personally I don't have the will nor the time to change completely how my character is equipped.
I'm looking for better item in the same slot or with minimum shuffling. As things are, except random loot, there is no named better than those I have in the slots.
The only way would be to dump everything and restart naked, and I don't have the will nor the time to do it.

The sad thing is that up until MoTU it was possible to insert new named items into a character with a minimum hassle, now, it's impossible.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:54am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #44 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 6:06am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:24am:
you should prolly quit then. Seriously, sounds like you are just bitter b/c there is no spider spun docent. Stoneheart and Ancient Gemstone are excellent docents ( about right for the amount of 1 compared to all the other races), and EE Livewood allows you to have +3 str planar focus of prowess for 3 different +3 insightful bonus in 2 slots and no need to slot any other heavy fort item or twist in the sentinel fort.. much needed for fleshy melee. Reinforced fists comes on admittedly slightly weak antipode and enhanced Ki from oremis necklace. Any other questions or is hater gonna hate and thats it? Care to complain about noit enough halfling Paladin thrower specific gear?

stone heart and ancient gemstone are excellent?

I'm done, i've only just realized you're either a tool or a noob.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 6:07am by Munkenmo »  

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #45 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:12am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:24am:
Care to complain about noit enough halfling Paladin thrower specific gear?

Guildies don't blame me when I make one of these!!!!!!

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #46 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 6:06am:
stone heart and ancient gemstone are excellent?

I'm done, i've only just realized you're either a tool or a noob.

lol whatever doosh cannon keep bitching. Quite rich coming from someone from Sarlona lmfao.

+8 stat, +6 resistence, +6 protection, and toughness on the same slot...totally shit who needs main stat +8, or added AC saves and hit points for that matter, nevermind a set bonus lol. Grow up child and lrn2play.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #47 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:47am:
Yes that's the whole point... Instead of having a reason to bring my cleric into that retarded waste of time with a She-Coyle that is supposed to be a raid ( namely : CiTW ), I just farm VONs and a few oldies at epic levels with gimps ( that way I can level them) and if they loot something that can replace one of the named item my cleric has in the shared bank the loot goes.

Even the fucking items from the Challenges and the Commendations are leh at best, of when of relative use they are in a slot where there's something much more important.

Personally I don't have the will nor the time to change completely how my character is equipped.
I'm looking for better item in the same slot or with minimum shuffling. As things are, except random loot, there is no named better than those I have in the slots.
The only way would be to dump everything and restart naked, and I don't have the will nor the time to do it.

The sad thing is that up until MoTU it was possible to insert new named items into a character with a minimum hassle, now, it's impossible.

lol so let me get this straight you are bitching about the loot but dont care to get the new stuff because you cant be bothered to bank your old out of date gear? Thats the whole point of getting new gear.
I took a break just before MotU launched, I had topend gear. When I came back my gear was suffient to level to cap. Then I started farming for new stuff ro accomodate the new better gear, changed the direction of my builds a little to accomodate the spell power changes and changes to AC and found myself running Cannith challenges, house P, D and K epics again for different gear in addition i found there were items in the Spiner of shadows I now wanted as well as many things from from  MotU and the Eveningstar challenges not to mention the 2 or 3 pieces of random gear and weapons I use on my 4 main toons... but you are right we should bitch about the way it used to be... I miss when my level 10 capped halfling Paladin with evasion in full plate was the bestest toon running tempest spine  Roll Eyes

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Batman builds were the shizzle!

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #49 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Batman builds were the shizzle!

ikr!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint