Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Otto's Box (Read 43941 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Otto's Box
Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:51am
Print Post  
So, XP stones are now for sale...  How much P2W can we jam in?  Seriously...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Re: Otto's Box
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:11am
Print Post  
I don't have a problem with it as long as the purchasers have taken a toon previously from 1 to 20.  It's those new to the game that get stoned that are the problem.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Is this really any worse than the other crap?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
With EDs, past life stacking isn't as important. I am not playing, but I am not sure if this unbalances the game.

I do see it as maybe not so good for a brand new player.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:25am
Print Post  
I sure does make Orchard and Vale interesting to run. Noobs with noob gear. LFM's like "Just used stone. Need Guide. BB"

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:18am:
Is this really any worse than the other crap?

I don't know if it's worse but selling 8 levels seems a far cry from the promises of long ago.  I know I'm beating a dead horse but it's another straw.  I think it's fucking disgusting.  It's an admission that they fucked up royally and now all they got is people paying to get levels. 

Buy your way to level 16.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:32am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:37am
Print Post  
I don't have any stones in my box.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #7 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Quote:

I'll need to thoroughly verify that.

Quote:

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #8 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:32am:
I don't know if it's worse but selling 8 levels seems a far cry from the promises of long ago.  I know I'm beating a dead horse but it's another straw.  I think it's fucking disgusting.  It's an admission that they fucked up royally and now all they got is people paying to get levels. 

Buy your way to level 16.

We already buy level 4 and 7 through VIP and MoTU...

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:55am:

To be fair, though, you can still obtain the vet status through favor.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:55am:

Yes now you can buy straight to 16.  It's awesome.  Why play a game?  Just sell capped toons and be done with it.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
I've played 19 lives on Gunga. I stoned last night. It was glorious. I got to 412,000 XP, just over the level 8 requirement of 408,000, made sure I had a 30% pot going, my voice for 5% and a 5% xp shrine going, and I ate that fucker for 2,850,000 XP. I wound up with 3,262,000 XP, enough to put me 40% through Rank 85 and less than 100k away from Level 18.

If we get a point sale before the boxes go away, I won't ever run deleras again.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:01pm:
Yes now you can buy straight to 16.  It's awesome.  Why play a game?  Just sell capped toons and be done with it.

THATS already being done with other games...ffs

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #13 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:01pm:

How many n00bs are really doing this thought? 

Gunga mentions using this on his 19th life to save some time . . . that's awesome.  He knows the game isnt' going to miss out on anything but not running quests he's already done a zillion times for the zillion and oneth time.  Most "stoners" fit into this category.

We've always had un-prepared players get to cap.  I really can't see this making things any worse.  If a serial TRer gets to shave 2 or 3 days off a life I really don't see the harm.

I agree new players shouldn't do this but I just can't see this making things worse.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #14 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:13pm:
THATS already being done with other games...ffs

So that makes it a good thing.

Quote:

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I'd say that the stones are not that big a deal on vet players doing  a completionist grind or past life grind.  When doing past lives, you are not really trying to get gear or anything.  You don't even flag for raids.  Just earn XP.

I do think it is a bad idea for new players.  I would be all for the stones only working on Legend toons  (2xTR's).  The first life you can buy your way to level 7  (not that that 200k or so is all that hard to get) and then earn the rest of the 1.7 mill.  On the first TR, let them grind out the 3.1 mill.  From then on, if they want to buy the 2 million to get a fast forward, meh.  It's their money and their time.  Any 2xTR that still needs to farm leveling gear is hopeless with or without the stone.

But with the level cap at 25 and needing a full 7.3 million XP to reach that on a 2xTR, skipping 2 million in the early part is not a hugely game breaking issue.  I do wish they would put the stones in the loot tables, like they did the hearts of wood.  Would make it seem more fair. 

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #16 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
For someone that has been through a few past lives and wants to make another go by quickly since they have several more planned, it is great.

I don't think it is so good for the new player but they can be carried through content anyway and not learn a damn thing anyway and will always stay at noob status.

Players that want to learn how to play will learn, even if they've been stoned.  Those that don't care to learn won't learn a thing stone or no stone.

BTW, I don't have the game installed at the moment and I can't find this answer, can you get stoned more than once this time around or is it just like the last stoning?
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:53pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #17 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:24pm:
I'd say that the stones are not that big a deal on vet players doing  a completionist grind or past life grind.  When doing past lives, you are not really trying to get gear or anything.  You don't even flag for raids.  Just earn XP.

I do think it is a bad idea for new players.  I would be all for the stones only working on Legend toons  (2xTR's).  The first life you can buy your way to level 7  (not that that 200k or so is all that hard to get) and then earn the rest of the 1.7 mill.  On the first TR, let them grind out the 3.1 mill.  From then on, if they want to buy the 2 million to get a fast forward, meh.  It's their money and their time.  Any 2xTR that still needs to farm leveling gear is hopeless with or without the stone.

But with the level cap at 25 and needing a full 7.3 million XP to reach that on a 2xTR, skipping 2 million in the early part is not a hugely game breaking issue.  I do wish they would put the stones in the loot tables, like they did the hearts of wood.  Would make it seem more fair. 

Maybe the stones shouldn't work on first lives.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #18 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 1:43pm:
Maybe the stones shouldn't work on first lives.

thats the only issue.. well that and people not familiar with a certain class skipping the very formative lvl 8-16 part of learning to play (thinking arcane and divine lives on folks whomainly play melee)

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #19 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Man that slipper slope...  I can only imagine the reaction to these a year or so ago.  Just keep slip slip sliding down the P2W highway.

Quote:

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I have some nuts you can put in your box.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #21 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Chai? Is that you?

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #22 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:48pm:
Man that slipper slope...  I can only imagine the reaction to these a year or so ago.  Just keep slip slip sliding down the P2W highway.

Waaa. Get a job.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #23 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:02pm:
Waaa. Get a job.

Sorry.  Let me rephrase.  I'm very happy for you once you have purchased your +4 tomes and bought all your XP you will be the bestest DDO player eva.  I hope the sense of accomplishment that you get from opening your wallet fills you with joy.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Da nile ain't just a river in Egypt.

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint