Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Otto's Box (Read 44114 times)
Kallikh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Otto's Box
Reply #125 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 6:54am
Print Post  
I had 4k points saved, so a small point purchase got me a stone plus some other nice goodies AND saved 2-3 weeks of boring levelling for my TR.  Selling the stones is fine by me, I don't even mind new players using them that much, as long as they aren't total doucheknuckles I have no problem taking them in my groups and helping them out.  I can't understand the 'stones are P2W, this is bad' thing.  How does other people skipping 8-16 affect your gaming exactly?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 7:42am
Print Post  
I'm glad Turbine didn't add low level content in Forgotten Realms.  There's already too much low level content in Eberron.

Gaining XP requires no skill.  Never has, never will.  Anyone who has ever used a Voice of the Master or Threnal Cloak, XP shrine or XP pot and is bitching about players gaining levels too quickly is a hypocrit. 

Pre-MOTU there was no challenge for capped players.  Elite/Epic content was a joke and mostly soloable, including raids.  At least now EE provides some challenge for capped players.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #127 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 7:42am:
I'm glad Turbine didn't add low level content in Forgotten Realms.  There's already too much low level content in Eberron.

Gaining XP requires no skill.  Never has, never will.  Anyone who has ever used a Voice of the Master or Threnal Cloak, XP shrine or XP pot and is bitching about players gaining levels too quickly is a hypocrite

Pre-MOTU there was no challenge for capped players.  Elite/Epic content was a joke and mostly soloable, including raids.  At least now EE provides some challenge for capped players.

FTFY...and agreed.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #128 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  

Gaining XP requires no skill.  Never has, never will.  Anyone who has ever used a Voice of the Master or Threnal Cloak, XP shrine or XP pot and is bitching about players gaining levels too quickly is a hypocrit. 

I think you missed my point.  I'm not saying add FR low level content because we (long-time, veteran players running TR's) need more low level content to get XP out of.  It's not about XP at all.  Or gear.  It's about the campaign setting, lore, story, and enjoying the quest itself.  I didn't come to DDO to speed run the optimized XP/min quests toearn XP fast for PL's and to get lots of gear and grind ED XP.   I am there now, but I got hooked on DDO by immersion in the harbor and the marketplace and running Goodblades, Low Road, Info is Key, Garrisons, waterworks and STK and Tangleroot.  Not because they got me great XP but because it was fun to run them. 

Based on that, I am saying it would be good for Turbine to make some FR content that is low/mid level so that people who don't play DDO but love FR can have that same experience.  I was wary of DDO because of the Eberron setting.  I probably would have started 6-12 months sooner if it was Greyhawk or FR.  I still am not a fan of WF, artificers, and all the steampunk elements.  But I can look past it. 

I'm not saying it will be be good for MY personal gameplay or enjoyment for them to do this, but it might be a good marketing and sales move for them to attract new customers.  Who will pay the bills on other content and features that I will use and keep the game viable.  I am OK with every update/release not being about serving me ( the long time, dedicated, mostly epic end game focusd player).  They need to serve multiple masters to be successful.  It's a hard balance to strike and they have not been doing so well lately.   

F2P brought in a new wave of players that rejuvinated the game because the founding players were growing weary and drifting off.  Now, that F2P wave is growing weary and drifting.  They need another new wave.  It was supposed to be MoTU but they screwed the pooch on that one by making it virtually inaccessible to new players.  A full content set (1-20) on the FR side could do that, however.  FR has a popularity that is undeniable.

Now, to be selfish and focused on me, I would prefer MOAR Raids and MOAR challenge and MOAR end game epic loot.   But I'm realistic enough to know that that stuff is only really of interest to 10% of the player base, if that. 
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2012 at 10:07am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #129 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 11:52am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 2:44am:
I can't compete with zonixx's dedication to buy XP stones for plat, so I picked up a couple boxes with TP. I still need to finish the PLs for my arcane (the spell pen PLs being one of the few PLs that are actually still important), and cutting a TR life time down by 50-75% for $30 is just plain rational.

Other people are buying more than he is. It's crazy.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #130 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
You can use them more than once? HOLY SWEET JESUS

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

TukkerMaxx
Korthos Resident

You smell like Cunt Gravy

Reply #131 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 11:59am
Print Post  
The only 2 problems I see with the stones are noobs skipping to 20 and not learning the game ( but why would anybody play a game to not play it?) and the potential for added powercreep. No, people stoning may not affect me right now, but the heaviest users will be the people whining to make the game harder because they are so puber and the game is too easy and boring.

That being said, I loved the stone I got for my 13 life toon- I used it on a cleric life ( fucking boring as hell) but I can't see paying even 25 bones for another one. But hey- only 2 lives left. The light is at the end of the tunnel.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:05pm by TukkerMaxx »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #132 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
All I wanted was the blue cube  Undecided

IP Logged

ddoplayer064
Dragon Raider

GFY

Reply #133 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Kallikh wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 6:54am:
How does other people skipping 8-16 affect your gaming exactly?

I take it you've never done elite RWTD with 4 outta the 6 being newb stoners...  Tongue

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #134 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
ddoplayer064 wrote on Dec 21st, 2012 at 7:53pm:
I take it you've never done elite RWTD with 4 outta the 6 being newb stoners...  Tongue

*twitch* thanks for the flashbacks *twitch*

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:10am
Print Post  
  At least now EE provides some challenge for capped players.

about as much challenge as clicking a mouse.

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:13am by mystafyi »  

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #136 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:15am
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:10am:

lol rediculoua statement is rediculous. Its not even a good comparison since the stone gives heroic exp. Something moe accurate would be like summoning a panther or xasting a DDoor

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:15am:
lol rediculoua statement is rediculous. Its not even a good comparison since the stone gives heroic exp. Something moe accurate would be like summoning a panther or xasting a DDoor

Phonr.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #138 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:15am:

Grace wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 at 12:38pm:
Phonr.

Gawd, I hope so....if not....wat?

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #139 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Elegorne wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 at 2:06pm:
Gawd, I hope so....if not....wat?

Sorry casting a D Door. Really tough I know two typos  Roll Eyes

Oops 3
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2012 at 5:33pm by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 6:26pm
Print Post  

Congratulations, you've just reduced every MMO ever made to it's base skill test.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #141 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  

Do you define living as "still breathing"? Chicks must really dig you.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Maybe, just maybe,  Roll Eyes I stretched the imagination with that phrase.  Roll Eyes

ya'll know what I mean. this game has progressively gotten simpler. I am not sure how you can reasonably state that current end game content is harder then previous years end game content. Sure the pendulum has swung too far at times, but I just dont see how the game has gotten harder.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #143 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Dec 23rd, 2012 at 1:27pm:
Maybe, just maybe,  Roll Eyes I stretched the imagination with that phrase.  Roll Eyes

ya'll know what I mean. this game has progressively gotten simpler. I am not sure how you can reasonably state that current end game content is harder then previous years end game content. Sure the pendulum has swung too far at times, but I just dont see how the game has gotten harder.

I would tend to agree with this, although I think the baseline difficulty has risen via running EE but over all the content is easier, plus people can learn to run things on the joke that is EN before getting dirty on EE. A big part of this is due to the stupid lamania spoiler server. Everybody knows the best way to run everything by the time it hits live.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 23rd, 2012 at 2:17pm:
I would tend to agree with this, although I think the baseline difficulty has risen via running EE but over all the content is easier, plus people can learn to run things on the joke that is EN before getting dirty on EE. A big part of this is due to the stupid lamania spoiler server. Everybody knows the best way to run everything by the time it hits live.

There's only a handful of people that play on Lam. And you're bitching that people can learn to run content by running EN before EE?  Fuck off and die.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #145 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 23rd, 2012 at 4:50pm:
There's only a handful of people that play on Lam. And you're bitching that people can learn to run content by running EN before EE?  Fuck off and die.

im saying it makes it easier. I like running things first time on EE, kind like watching the directors cut of a movie

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #146 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:19am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:57am:
im saying it makes it easier. I like running things first time on EE, kind like watching the directors cut of a movie

Without any community playtesting, it would be a lot less like a "Director's Cut" and more like a "Horrible Car Crash".

Unless the first several iterations of CitW were the "Exciting and New" you're after.

A Director's Cut of "Weekend at Bernie's Part 2" is not desirable.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #147 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 10:38am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:19am:
Without any community playtesting, it would be a lot less like a "Director's Cut" and more like a "Horrible Car Crash".

Unless the first several iterations of CitW were the "Exciting and New" you're after.

A Director's Cut of "Weekend at Bernie's Part 2" is not desirable.

you are fixing the wrong problem. A preview server is a joke. it used to be wxciting when there were real world first completions of raids, good guilds hurried to get them done. Now a group of fucktards with 3000 mana pots finishes first everytime, I know because I was one of them.. world first epic demon queen. It ruined it for me.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #148 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 11:52am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 at 10:38am:
you are fixing the wrong problem. A preview server is a joke. it used to be wxciting when there were real world first completions of raids, good guilds hurried to get them done. Now a group of fucktards with 3000 mana pots finishes first everytime, I know because I was one of them.. world first epic demon queen. It ruined it for me.

So what's your fix for the problem? Getting turbine telepathic content designers?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #149 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 at 10:38am:

Didn't you see that 70+ page thread on the forums?  There's nothing wrong with that  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint