Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Otto's Box (Read 43970 times)
Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Re: Otto's Box
Reply #25 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:23pm:
So that makes it a good thing. 

When DDO cannot lead, they will follow

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #26 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:13pm:
Sorry.  Let me rephrase.  I'm very happy for you once you have purchased your +4 tomes and bought all your XP you will be the bestest DDO player eva.  I hope the sense of accomplishment that you get from opening your wallet fills you with joy.

I got plenty of tomes and xp the old fashioned way. Haters gunna hate...EAD crybaby. Start a thread on the DDO forums and I'll participate.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:28pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I couldn't care less about the stones. If there are people that want to just cap toons and not play and are willing to drop that much cash to do it, fine. It pays for a game that I play, and their progress doesn't affect me in the least. If there are people that want to really play the game and work through every level, cool. Some people don't like mana pots, some people don't like twink gear, whatever. People play how they want, and as long as it doesn't affect my gaming and isn't stuff that is huge and I can't get in other ways, fine by me.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:26pm:
I got plenty of tomes and xp the old fashioned way. Haters gunna hate...EAD crybaby. Start a thread on the DDO forums and I'll participate.

You're e-penis very very large.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #29 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 3:13pm:
Sorry.  Let me rephrase.  I'm very happy for you once you have purchased your +4 tomes and bought all your XP you will be the bestest DDO player eva.  I hope the sense of accomplishment that you get from opening your wallet fills you with joy.

Are you under the mistaken impression that everyone plays an MMO for a sense of "accomplishment"?  To me, an accomplishment is getting married, raising a child, building a company, a building, a boat, writing a novel, etc.  Winning at scrabble or yahtzee or monopoly or risk or capping a toon in DDO or completing Baldur's Gate is not an accomplishment.  Just like winning a pickup basketball game in your driveway is not an accomplishment.  Winning an NBA title would be.  Building an MMO that thousands of people play would be an accomplishment.  Playing the MMO?  Not so much. 

Now, playing scrabble, yahtzee, monopoly, risk, basketball, DDO or Baldur's Gate all bring me joy.  That's the point of them.  Joy. Fun.  Not accomplishment.  If you play DDO for joy and your joy comes from running end game raids and Epic Elite content, not TRing for 4.3 mill XP, then what is the problem with using a stone to speed up a TR so that you can get a past life done quickly and back to doing what you enjoy in the game? 

I think you are applying your reasons for playing to others.  But that's not how it works.  Remember your Obi-Wan.  "The many truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view."

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #30 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:24pm:
Now, playing scrabble, yahtzee, monopoly, risk, basketball, DDO or Baldur's Gate all bring me joy.  That's the point of them.  Joy. Fun. 

Do you cheat at those games too? Just download a BG save game and fight the end battle and watch the credits.

Give Bigole's gold farmer buddies a call they can level you and give you the gear so you can run "end game"?  LOL  Fun end game that's easy and makes you feel good about yourself.  Not that hard end game where you fail for weeks until you finally crack the nut as a team and scream over the mikes from the thrill of achievement. 

That fun grind the same super easy EE over and over again for XP fun. 
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:59pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
I like to scream at Aqua in Vent when I complete a jumping puzzle.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #32 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I like to scream  in Vent.

ftfy

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I have no inside voice. Sad

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #34 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hey Jeff... was it the last straw for you? I am your friend, and I am not seeing it on this one. I am wondering if it was the last disappointment for you. You usually don't get this worked up.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #35 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
lol SMOAKed

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:56pm
Print Post  

Quote:
I like to scream at Aqua in Vent when I complete a jumping puzzle.

You make me tingle all over when you do that!

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #37 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 2:48pm:
Man that slipper slope...  I can only imagine the reaction to these a year or so ago.  Just keep slip slip sliding down the P2W highway.

lol You have lost it man. SO MUCH RAGE. Leveling toons lost its charm for me when the cap hit 20. I have 3 charqacters that havent moved from level 17 since then. I find it tedious, I would rather get the exp from 16-20 or even 18-20. When ever i TR a toon, happens very rarely I have 2 36 point builds, and 2 34 point builds and stil play a plain old 32 pointer (one day having all the favor is going to matter) and have another level 20 I dont play on the my current acct, another couple level 20's kicking around out there on other accts. If I am forced to TR again I will most likely quit, I hate leveling HATE IT, it puts me to sleep. I used to have a wizard now that you need 3 past lives wizard, 3 past lives fvs, minimum to be able to run EE's without major problems nevermind 3 past lives Sorc, and maybe a few barb past lives to round it out I will NEVER play a wizard or Sorc at endgame again. I dont need a sense of accomplishment from a game, if you dont mention the plus 5 tome you pulled to you best friend who doesnt game its not really a significant life accomplishment...

friend 1 "Hey man I just got engaged to my girl,the wedding is in June"

friend 2 "Thats nothin man I just beat Velah on EE and finally pulled my ESoS shard and got loot slid a shard and seal for my red armor!!!!!!!"

just dont see it playing out that way. More like this:

friend 1 "Man I just beat Velah on EE and finally pulled my ESoS shard and got loot slid a shard and seal for my red armor!!!!!!!"

friend2 "Grats man I just watched the Hawks win tonight in OT.. GOOOOO HAWWWWKS"

this scenario has accomplishments about equal  Smiley

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:24pm:
Are you under the mistaken impression that everyone plays an MMO for a sense of "accomplishment"?  To me, an accomplishment is getting married, raising a child, building a company, a building, a boat, writing a novel, etc.  Winning at scrabble or yahtzee or monopoly or risk or capping a toon in DDO or completing Baldur's Gate is not an accomplishment.  Just like winning a pickup basketball game in your driveway is not an accomplishment.  Winning an NBA title would be.  Building an MMO that thousands of people play would be an accomplishment.  Playing the MMO?  Not so much. 

Now, playing scrabble, yahtzee, monopoly, risk, basketball, DDO or Baldur's Gate all bring me joy.  That's the point of them.  Joy. Fun.  Not accomplishment.  If you play DDO for joy and your joy comes from running end game raids and Epic Elite content, not TRing for 4.3 mill XP, then what is the problem with using a stone to speed up a TR so that you can get a past life done quickly and back to doing what you enjoy in the game? 

I think you are applying your reasons for playing to others.  But that's not how it works.  Remember your Obi-Wan.  "The many truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view."

Your argument doesn't make sense. 

If you just play DDO because you enjoy playing end game, then you don't need to TR even once, and hence, don't need to use a stone.  Completionist is the quintessential "accomplishment" in DDO.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #39 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:19pm:
Your argument doesn't make sense. 

If you just play DDO because you enjoy playing end game, then you don't need to TR even once, and hence, don't need to use a stone.  Completionist is the quintessential "accomplishment" in DDO. 

incorrect. tring 2 oe 3 times is generally required for end game, some classes need 6 past lives to be good for endgame content

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:36pm:
incorrect. tring 2 oe 3 times is generally required for end game, some classes need 6 past lives to be good for endgame content

No class requires 6 TRs to be effective for end game.  (That's not saying some past lives are not useful and powerful though).  Besides, it just goes to prove the point - a person TRing 6 times is clearly looking to "accomplish" his character and maximize its power, whether its through gear or stats. 

If someone played solely because they "enjoyed end game", wouldn't they have more fun being challenged a little bit more?

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:36pm:

It is if your parties want to use the sledgehammer-to-the-face hold-beatdown approach to every single encounter. You're confusing good with optimal, or maybe good with quest-trivializing. I somehow managed to complete all of eveningstar and high road on my wizard without 6 PLs, I must be the only one then.

I bet you're also the kind of guy who used to require 42 enchantment DC for wizards on echrono because you can't cc otherwise in there.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:46pm by »  

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #42 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It is if your parties want to use the sledgehammer-to-the-face hold-beatdown approach to every single encounter. You're confusing good with optimal, or maybe good with quest-trivializing. I somehow managed to complete all of eveningstar and high road on my wizard without 6 PLs, I must be the only one then.

I bet you're also the kind of guy who used to require 42 enchantment DC for wizards on echrono because you can't cc otherwise in there.

Nope I ran with plenty of wizards like that, the good players were gracious enough to know they were being carried

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #43 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:18pm:
No class requires 6 TRs to be effective for end game.  (That's not saying some past lives are not useful and powerful though).  Besides, it just goes to prove the point - a person TRing 6 times is clearly looking to "accomplish" his character and maximize its power, whether its through gear or stats. 

If someone played solely because they "enjoyed end game", wouldn't they have more fun being challenged a little bit more? 

there is a balance between time spent playing content you dont enjoy and getting the boost in power you want. 6 past lives may have been hyperbole but first life wizards and sorcs are useless at endgame

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
I can't believe you guys are missing my point and nitpicking the details of why an end game runner would like to TR. 

I prefer end game raiding/EE runs.  Jefff, you don't - more power to you.  It's not about challenge.  It's about...fun.  A big part of that fun is running raids with friends in guild and in channels.  They are running raids constantly.   

That said, I wouldn't mind past lives because I do like to improve the builds.  But I don't like not having toons in epic levels to raid with.  So....I'd like to get the TR done quickly so that I can have the toon back into raiding level fast.  I also don't want to spend hours and hours leveling.  I want to spend hours and hours raiding with friends and enjoying their company.

If stones make all that possible for me, why is it bad?  It makes me want to play more.  It makes me want to spend a bit more on the game.  It keeps me around as a player.  At the same time, it doesn't affect any other player negatively or affect their enjoyment of the game. 

I don't see how this is so terri-bad.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #45 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
BTW, Eladiun, are you a subscriber in SWTOR?  Isn't that pay to win?  you get faster xp rates than F2P/Preferred players.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #46 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:45pm:
I can't believe you guys are missing my point and nitpicking the details of why an end game runner would like to TR. 

I prefer end game raiding/EE runs.  Jefff, you don't - more power to you.  It's not about challenge.  It's about...fun.  A big part of that fun is running raids with friends in guild and in channels.  They are running raids constantly.   

That said, I wouldn't mind past lives because I do like to improve the builds.  But I don't like not having toons in epic levels to raid with.  So....I'd like to get the TR done quickly so that I can have the toon back into raiding level fast.  I also don't want to spend hours and hours leveling.  I want to spend hours and hours raiding with friends and enjoying their company.

If stones make all that possible for me, why is it bad?  It makes me want to play more.  It makes me want to spend a bit more on the game.  It keeps me around as a player.  At the same time, it doesn't affect any other player negatively or affect their enjoyment of the game. 

I don't see how this is so terri-bad.

this

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Just do what I did. Start playing Guild Wars 2, and then realize you are having the most fun you've had playing a game in a long time.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #48 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:03am:
Just do what I did. Start playing Guild Wars 2, and then realize you are having the most fun you've had playing a game in a long time.

Why the fuck would I do that if I'm having fun playing ddo?

I couldn't care less if you stoned or not, if you're a moron you're still gonna get kicked from my party.

So other than people paying for support of the semi-broken game I fail to see how this has an effect on me or my gameplay.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:52am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:08pm:
there is a balance between time spent playing content you dont enjoy and getting the boost in power you want. 6 past lives may have been hyperbole but first life wizards and sorcs are useless at endgame

I have a hard time figuring out where you're coming from.  First life wiz/sorcs useless at end game?  Well geared arcanes in the right destiny will crap all over the large majority of melee toons in EE.  You don't need maximum spell pen to web drow mobs, finger trash casters and output tons of AoE DPS with shiradi or draconic. 
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:54am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint