Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Otto's Box (Read 44085 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Otto's Box
Reply #75 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
I just know if I was looking to pick a new MMO and I saw buy and XP or buy and levels I would walk on past.

Even that we were doing 1 week TR's without really pushing it with all the crap in game now.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:04pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #76 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:03pm:
I just know if I was looking to pick a new MMO and I saw buy and XP or buy and levels I would walk on past.

Even that we were doing 1 week TR's without really pushing it with all the crap in game now.

Yeah? You're doing 40 hour tr's in a week without really pushing it? You're so full of shit.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #77 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:41pm:
Yeah? You're doing 40 hour tr's in a week without really pushing it? You're so full of shit.

Good guild group of 3-4, good plan, and yeah we just burned through it.  It's not rocket science...  Once, you have done a half dozen it's pretty easy to split up and get massive XP per minute.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #78 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:52pm:
Good guild group of 3-4, good plan, and yeah we just burned through it.  It's not rocket science...  Once, you have done a half dozen it's pretty easy to split up and get massive XP per minute. 

You're full of shit.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #79 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:53pm:
You're full of shit.

I don't know if he can or not, but he is a pretty good player.

I know it seemed like it took me forever to TR most of the time.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #80 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:41pm:

lol yeah was my thought too. when I push hard on a TR it takes me 3 months lol. And I did two at the same time and it caused me to stop playing for 4 months... no monthy sub no turbine points spent. The running joke in my guild is how much its gonna suck when they start selling past lives for completionists... wo spent so much time Every friend I have who grinds out completionist quits the game, usually a month after they get it. TR grind is really what is killing this game not the store.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:59pm by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 12:19pm:
I'll break it down for you Randy.

Mostly I find it amusing.  The same people who would have rip-sawed Bigole for buying a Vorpal from a Plat farmer now justify buying 2 million XP.  Shit, when I joined the Vault people got ripped for buying mana pots.  Shug would explain to you how you were a gimped fucking newb who needed to learn how to play the game.  It's just dumbfounding to me.  DDO is now an MMO where you can buy XP.  Not boosts...which people cried over but straight up levels.  Fuck...  I don't give a fuck who buys what but let's call a spade a spade.  Just because it's offered in the store doesn't make it any different than paying a nice Asian boy to level your toons while your at work.

The TR justification is ridiculous.  Is there anything more e-peen than triple completionist?  Honestly, most past lives are worthless now.  All the challenge was removed from the game with the expansion.  Now, all of a sudden I have to buy past lives to run EE and the pathetic end game raids.  End game...  ROFL. 

+4 tomes and upgrade tome... seriously.  These were the most sought after loot in the game even if the 1 or 2 point boost was mostly negligible.  Everyone just closes their eyes and goes see no evil hear no evil.  Fuck.  This is supposed to be an MMO.  Now, you can just buy XP and the +4 permanent Stat boosts and it's not P2W.  You have the Thurd's of the world just justifying it on the forums as it's my money it doesn't effect you...  Bullshit.  I've been playing MMO's forever and this is just fucking gross.  In my worst nightmares, I never imagined this game would stoop to selling XP and end game tomes.  (and fuck you that they slipped 4's into the standard loot table to justify that they aren't raid loot.)  The slippery slope has been greased by Clark W Griswald.  What's next?  I can easily afford all this shit too but why the fuck would I buy my way to the top.  I might as well just install a hack engine and go play FPS's in GodMode.  Look at how good I am...

If I wasn't clear it disgusts me that a game I put 6 years into has fallen to this.   Turbine has shat on this IP.  Their only method of making money is to turn the game into Farmville.  The fact that people come to the Vault and justify this P2W horseshit is just an insult.  This was the place where the fucking hardcore came to make fun of these people.  The game was always easy to now say in order to be good at any easy game I need to buy 2 million XP.  LOL.  What a bunch of cock smoochers.

Show us on the dolly where the bad P2W touched you.

/goes back to his level 13 first life alt to stretch the entire game out a bit longer, since I do agree that they're incompetent at dealing with caped toons in a measured manner.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #82 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:53pm:
You're full of shit.

Whatever, think what you like.  Siss and I logged pretty consistent hours and we had some very good players in Helpers to TR with.  1-2 minute GH walkups, 6-7 minute VoN 6's with optionals and traps, 1-2 minute GoP...it adds up awfully fast.

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #83 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:58pm:
Whatever, think what you like.  Siss and I logged pretty consistent hours and we had some very good players in Helpers to TR with.  1-2 minute GH walkups, 6-7 minute VoN 6's with optionals and traps, 1-2 minute GoP...it adds up awfully fast.

Please tell me you never two box each others accts while doing a TR

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #84 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:57pm:
TR frind is really what is killing this game not the store.

Is there such a thing anymore?  Though I can tell you during a bonus weekend a few guildies did a legend TR in 2 1/2 days (27 hours and some minutes).

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #85 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:58pm:
Whatever, think what you like.

Yep. I know all about it. I've done it ad nauseum, still do. It's 40 hours to TR without an xp weekend. You can shave a few off here and there, but anyone who has a job/school + family and friends will not be able to casually put 40 hours in every week, week in and week out, especially with 3 or 4 other players' schedules to contend with, and "not push it."

I call bullshit all over your dumb face.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #86 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:00pm:
Please tell me you never two box each others accts while doing a TR

Nah...  I do stuff to her box but generally not while playing DDO she finds it too distracting.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:07pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #87 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:06pm:
Yep. I know all about it. I've done it ad nauseum, still do. It's 40 hours to TR without an xp weekend. You can shave a few off here and there, but anyone who has a job/school + family and friends will not be able to casually put 40 hours in every week, week in and week out, especially with 3 or 4 other players' schedules to contend with, and "not push it."

I call bullshit all over your dumb face.

Apparently, you never played with any hardcore gamers.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #88 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:10pm:
Apparently, you never played with any hardcore gamers.

Grin Yeah? You going to show me something new, big talk?
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:12pm by Gunga »  

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #89 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:12pm:
Yeah? You going to show me something new, big talk?

You looking to see something?  Running 7-12, 5 nights a week is 25 hours.  It's not that hard to find 2 people to go with.  We had at least 20 people who averaged 35+.  During our peak, pre-MOTU we had 2-3 TR groups going at the same time.  I personally knocked out 5 or 6 lives between April and MOTU release while still running Epics and Raids on capped toons.  Sounds to me like you're the one whose all talk...
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:20pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #90 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:17pm:
You looking to see something?  Running 7-12, 5 nights a week is 25 hours.  It's not that hard to find 2 people to go with.  We had at least 20 people who averaged 35+.  During our peak, pre-MOTU we had 2-3 TR groups going at the same time.  I personally knocked out 5 or 6 lives between April and MOTU release while still running Epics and Raids on capped toons.  Sounds to me like you're the one whose all talk...

So, 25 hours during the week + 15 over the weekend to TR + 5-10 hours running Epics and Raids, every week? You have a job and a life too?

Yep. Bullshit.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:28pm by Gunga »  

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #91 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 1:00pm:
It's also 2 million XP in the level range where XP grows on trees.  Between Necro 2, VON, Desert, GH walkups, etc . . . it's really only letting you skip some of the easiest level to level through.  You skip maybe 3 days of levelling.

The grind starts at 17.

This is true.  I would rather have a stone that takes you from 18 to 20 (about 1.1 million XP) than one that takes you from 8 to 16.  One that takes you from 16 to 20 would be really sweet.

On another topic:  I see your point Jeff.  I have been around long enough to remember the days before mana pots and the only bonus XP you got was from voice of the master and the occasional +X% weekend. 

But the game was smaller then.  I came in just when the cap went to 16.  There were fewer quests.  There was no TR'ing.  Before Shroud, there wasn't even much of a grind for gear.  Unless you had craptastic luck on 20th lists on VoN, DQ, Reavers, and Titan.  Once you capped a toon, it was run a few raids every three days, maybe do some bloodstone farming and such.  Otherwise you started up a new alt. 

Now you have 13 raids instead of 5.  You have a good 10-15 multi quest chains that yield unique end reward lists at high levels.      You have Shroud Crafting, DT Crafting, Epic Crafting, Cannith Crafting, Challenge Crafting, several options for suppressed, dampened, unraveling, unstable, unfinished, etc upgrades and sets, you have 11 more levels, 11 ED's, 4.9 Million XP to cap a 1st life toon (vs. 1.360 back then)  (Vs. 7.374 million on  2xTR).  Probably 200 more quests than we had back then.  10-15 more adventure areas. 

The game is much larger and there is much more to do than in the "good old days".  You have many more options for a character than in the "good old days".  I'm not saying all the changes are good. 

Things I wish were not there:  Tomes of Fate.  Stat Tomes.  Shroud Ingredients (even smalls).  Rez Cakes.  Bells of Opening.  Mana Pots  (only because of how unbalancing they are to game play.)

Things I am definitely OK with:
Basic consumables like health potions, thieves tools, spell components, and the like.  ( I call them a stupid tax).  Cosmetics - armor, hair, companions, guild ship stuff and the like.  Account Options - quests/packs, guest passes, character slots, bank slots, races, classes, Hearts of Wood and such.  Convenience items - Ship Portal beacons, rods of teleport, bracelet of friends, ingredients bags, cookie jars, collectables bags, etc. 

None of this section affects game play in the slightest.  One might argue on the Hearts of Wood, but I justify it by saying that Turbine reserves the right to alter the rules at their whim.  We should have the ability to change our builds to accomodate.

The things I am kinda OK with:  Things that make the game a bit smaller:  XP Tomes, XP Pots, Slayer Pots, Guild Renown Pots, Vet Status, Vet Status II, and now XP Stones.  None of these help you actually complete a quest that you could not otherwise complete.  None of these give you gear you didn't earn in quest.  Sure they speed along TR's, allowing you to skip quests, but they don't actually help you complete a quest.  You still have to do that yourself.

I find it funny that some of the people that complain heavily against P2W and label it cheating are also more than happy to exploit at every turn.  Turbine makes the game.  They set the rules.  Using the store is part of the rules.  Therefore, by definitioni, it's not cheating.  Exploiting is closer to cheating than store use.  That's purposefully breaking the rule set.  But everyone justifies it by saying that Turbine deserves it for all the shit they pull.  Makes me wonder if some people think the game is not actually PvP or PvE, but really PvT.  Either way, I don't care if people exploit or not.  But it is hypocritical to argue that P2W is cheating if you do. 

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #92 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:27pm:
So, 25 hours during the week + 15 over the weekend to TR + 5-10 hours running Epics and Raids, every week? You have a job too?

Yep. Bullshit.

9-5 Programmer + Admin

I'm just stating facts.  This was the pace we were running per-expansion.  Some weeks it would be all TR but from mid-April to mid-June it was 5-6 lives with Epics and Raids added in and there were guildies who did much more than I.  I don't need your validation son.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #93 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:28pm:
The game is much larger and there is much more to do than in the "good old days".  You have many more options for a character than in the "good old days".  I'm not saying all the changes are good. 

Huh, I would actually say there is less to do and I'm only talking back to shortly after F2P.

Quote:

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #94 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:34pm:
Huh, I would actually say there is less to do and I'm only talking back to shortly after F2P.

Depends on what you like to do, I guess. 

Also depends on what you have done and are burnt out on.  I think 30+ hour per week players get tired of and ignore entire facets of the game after a while.  When you reach a certain level of meta gaming you begin to ignore anything that doesn't give you a minimum required ROI.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #95 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Double bonus points is live, and this is supposedly the last day for the box. Now's the time.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #96 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:40pm:
Depends on what you like to do, I guess. 

Also depends on what you have done and are burnt out on.  I think 30+ hour per week players get tired of and ignore entire facets of the game after a while.  When you reach a certain level of meta gaming you begin to ignore anything that doesn't give you a minimum required ROI. 

That's totally true...and pre-MOTU there was a lot more for the Hardcore player than post.  Little things had more impact the 10 hp from a Barb past life or the +1 from a Fighter past life had more impact.   Gear from the Vale raids actually was useful as a stepping stone to epic pieces.  Now you can grind out comms in Forgotten Realms in a few hours and piece together good enough gear.  Turbine consciously targeted the game at casual players with the expansion and essentially alienated all the hardcore players.  70% of the people I ran with have pretty much left the game.  Hell, look at the forums...people complaining and hour long quest is too long.  I've ground 5 hours on one boss in progression raids in other games and spent a month of three nights a week just to finally clear a raid . This game had great balance between the two.  It no longer does and that's without taking into account the store. 

I was super excited for the level cap bump and destines.  Only to be let down that 20-25 was worthless and destines nothing but a giant XP slog.  Couple that with the drop in quality of the game..bugs, lag, etc...  The top end is just gone.   Now, the most difficult achievements in the game are sold for points.

If you are still having fun more power to you.  I'm not trying to convince you to leave.  I'll not change my opinion that any game that sells XP is in the fast lane to game hell though.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:03pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #97 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:32pm:
9-5 Programmer + Admin

I'm just stating facts.  This was the pace we were running per-expansion.  Some weeks it would be all TR but from mid-April to mid-June it was 5-6 lives with Epics and Raids added in and there were guildies who did much more than I.  I don't need your validation son. 

No one needs the shitty opinion of a broke, bitter guy who exaggerates.

By the way - 5 lives in 8 weeks is a tr every 12 days. Very believable and easily sustainable.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #98 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:01pm:
No one needs the shitty opinion of a broke, bitter guy who exaggerates.

You apparently seem obsessed with it.

Quote:

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #99 - Dec 20th, 2012 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 20th, 2012 at 2:54pm:
That's totally true...and pre-MOTU there was a lot more for the Hardcore player than post.  Little things had more impact the 10 hp from a Barb past life or the +1 from a Fighter past life had more impact.   Gear from the Vale raids actually was useful as a stepping stone to epic pieces.  Now you can grind out comms in Forgotten Realms in a few hours and piece together good enough gear.  Turbine consciously targeted the game at casual players with the expansion and essentially alienated all the hardcore players.  70% of the people I ran with have pretty much left the game.  Hell, look at the forums...people complaining and hour long quest is too long.  I've ground 5 hours on one boss in progression raids in other games and spent a month of three nights a week just to finally clear a raid . This game had great balance between the two.  It no longer does and that's without taking into account the store. 

I was super excited for the level cap bump and destines.  Only to be let down that 20-25 was worthless and destines nothing but a giant XP slog.  Couple that with the drop in quality of the game..bugs, lag, etc...  The top end is just gone.   Now, the most difficult achievements in the game are sold for points.

If you are still having fun more power to you.  I'm not trying to convince you to leave.  I'll not change my opinion that any game that sells XP is in the fast lane to game hell though.

Honestly, the biggest problem with the XP slog isn't the amount you need.  If it was too easy to cap all the destinies, people would bitch about that. 

The problem is that they have 3-4 quests that offer crazy xp per min.  Death Undone, Rusted Blades, Impossible Demands, Fathom the Depths (for example).  All are 2-5 min runs that will yield between 20-30k of XP, sustained.  You are getting 6-10k per min.  Average 450-500k per hour.  It's crazy XP and it's boring as hell. 

Metagamers will take the path of greatest ROI, even if it destroys their fun in the process.  It's a very odd situation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint