Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Path of Exile (Read 202 times)
Selee
Abbot Raider

Path of Exile
Jan 21st, 2013 at 5:36pm
Print Post  

Top-down ARPG (Diablo 2 style) coming out of closed beta on the 23rd.  6 years in the making it looks great.  It's dark and gritty, and well worth checking out.  The passive upgrade tree is like the Final Fantasy X sphere grid on crack.  Level cap at release rumored to be 100, with supposedly extensive endgame including PvP. 

No gold, all trades are person-to-person with a barter system.  NPC trading is done with "currency items" that start at identify scrolls and go up from there to stuff like "turn a white item into a random rare" and top-tier random-gen map keys.

Skills are runes that get socketed into weapons and armor, and using a rune levels it up increasing its power and versatility. Skill combinations in multisocket weapons can reach very strong and fun combinations.

Oh, and did I mention it will be free?  With no Pay to Win (per the people who are making it).  Cash shop will be pets and cosmetic items, nothing that has an actual ingame effect.

Bye bye Diablo 3!
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2013 at 5:32pm by Selee »  

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Semper
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Path of Exile
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Tried this last night due to the downtime , honestly I wasn't impressed ,but maybe I just didn't give it a chance

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Been playing on/off for a few weeks, haven't gotten too far. I like it.

Combines Diablo and Final Fantasy systems...just need to play more to see how the gem system turns out, if it is as fun as materia in FF7.

The shadows are awesome, long shadows running towards you...and then you see the mobs.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:28pm:
Been playing on/off for a few weeks, haven't gotten too far. I like it.

Combines Diablo and Final Fantasy systems...just need to play more to see how the gem system turns out, if it is as fun as materia in FF7.

The shadows are awesome, long shadows running towards you...and then you see the mobs.

Wanna post your info on the guild site? I might give it a shot if eGH doesn't pan out.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Smrti wrote on Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:34pm:
I might give it a shot if eGH doesn't pan out.

lol, are they finally releasing that?  It's only been like two or three years since they accidentally opened eTor that one time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint