Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Neverwinter Beta Key (Read 1086 times)
Allo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Neverwinter Beta Key
Reply #25 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
Ha what would clerics do at all then? Its 4th edition so everyone has healing surges right? And someone already said they saw full heal pots. Sounds like "healing" classes are already worthless.

sounds good to me, assuming clerics can do more than heal there

i hate playing divines in ddo. i mean I like playing them, I just hate grouping with them. everyone expects a nannybot sigh.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:43pm:
Ha what would clerics do at all then? Its 4th edition so everyone has healing surges right? And someone already said they saw full heal pots. Sounds like "healing" classes are already worthless.

I forget the exact details, but in 4e you had limited healing surges a day, and spending a surge restored 25% of your health.  But you did not want your DPS or Controller guy wasting a turn spending a healing surge.  Your healer or support guy could use an action where they do a weak attack and cause you to spend a healing surge +1d8 HP or something.  Some make you spend one surge but you get healed for 2, or you get bonuses to AC or to hit when they make you spend a healing surge.

It followed the D&D mechanic of being a resource and the best way to preform was efficient resource management.  Not sure how that will work in a NWN

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Allo wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 12:22am:
sounds good to me, assuming clerics can do more than heal there

i hate playing divines in ddo. i mean I like playing them, I just hate grouping with them. everyone expects a nannybot sigh.

Looks to me like you end up with the problem DDO has where save one or two raids you are always better off soloing then lugging a party around pretty much eliminating the whole MM aspect of the MMO.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:08am:
Looks to me like you end up with the problem DDO has where save one or two raids you are always better off soloing then lugging a party around pretty much eliminating the whole MM aspect of the MMO.

Depends on if they have the stupid, that is DDO scaling methods.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:08am:

This is only an issue in DDO because TR became end game.  Unless Neverwinter gets fucked by Atari and cannot release content for 2 years they will likely never implement anything as stupid as TR's.

65% of MMO players tend to play solo.  You can have huge chunks of the game that are solo friendly.  It's not game breaking but you need to provide rewards for group play...increased XP and rewards.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #30 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Got my key this morning.  I'm looking forward to trying it out.  But, I feel that way about any DnD title...

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 at 10:17am:
This is only an issue in DDO because TR became end game.  Unless Neverwinter gets fucked by Atari and cannot release content for 2 years they will likely never implement anything as stupid as TR's.

65% of MMO players tend to play solo.  You can have huge chunks of the game that are solo friendly.  It's not game breaking but you need to provide rewards for group play...increased XP and rewards. 

Atari no longer has a hand in Neverwinter.  Cryptic has already stretched out levels to 60, and I don't think they even have epic levels in yet so that could add another 30 levels.  Having 90 some levels for a toon is fairly common for a MMO.

The downside to grouping based on the videos, is it looks like all loot is shared.  Even the chests looked like it was party wide.  If that is the case I think there will be a good number of people soloing, or only with RL friends.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #32 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Mastertool wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 at 10:51am:
The downside to grouping based on the videos, is it looks like all loot is shared.  Even the chests looked like it was party wide.  If that is the case I think there will be a good number of people soloing, or only with RL friends. 

Yeah, noticed that as well...

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Feb 14th, 2013 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Feb 14th, 2013 at 11:34am:
Yeah, noticed that as well...

I'm going to steal all your cheddar!

IP Logged

dndgamerz
Korthos Resident

I eat drama for breakfast!

Reply #34 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Its better than stealing my taint in your mouth!  Grin

Your mom said don't forget to bring the juice!

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #35 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The good news...or bad...however you take it...is that you won't be the only whore in the game. Wink

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Feb 15th, 2013 at 9:30pm:
The good news...or bad...however you take it...is that you won't be the only whore in the game. Wink

/sad gawna

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #37 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 1:39am
Print Post  
I am intrigued by the 'seal' loot, the way to pass loot, and having a player character with a tail. Also at the start of the first video it looked like the rogue ran up a wall at least part way.

Then again everyone gets a helper pet, I'm confused on how you could fit 9 levels of spells into 5 buttons, and you can select the difficulty.

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Feb 18th, 2013 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
JoJI wrote on Feb 16th, 2013 at 1:39am:
I I'm confused on how you could fit 9 levels of spells into 5 buttons, and you can select the difficulty.

Probably, because your confusion is that this is a D&D based game rather than a game that has some D&D words.

IP Logged

Meriki
Korthos Resident

Play smarter, not harder!

Reply #39 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
I'm definitely interested in it but fear that the marketing campaigns for games is starting to outshine the games themselves.

Quest walkthroughs, guides and more on http://www.ddmsrealm.com - Guides, Tips, and Quest/Magic Item Database!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/DDMs_Realm ~ @DDMs_Realm
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DDMs-Realm/126044164078632
Play Smarter, Not Harder!
IP Logged

Meriki
Korthos Resident

Play smarter, not harder!

Reply #40 - Feb 23rd, 2013 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Just saw that the download is finally active. Hooray! Perhaps a real critique coming soon.

Quest walkthroughs, guides and more on http://www.ddmsrealm.com - Guides, Tips, and Quest/Magic Item Database!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/DDMs_Realm ~ @DDMs_Realm
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DDMs-Realm/126044164078632
Play Smarter, Not Harder!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint