Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Is Turbine doing contract work for EA? (Read 11101 times)
Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Is Turbine doing contract work for EA?
Reply #25 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 8:27am
Print Post  
After EA fucked the release of Spore with their crippling DRM, I swore off buying another game from them.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #26 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 8:54am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Mar 8th, 2013 at 4:32pm:
OMG THAT IS THE SADDEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN

I thought the saddest part was the choice of the accompanying music. Something from "Deliverance" would have been more appropriate, in so many different ways.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

archon
Korthos Resident

Hugs! Not Drugs!

Reply #27 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:10am
Print Post  
I don't know why people are getting their panties in a bunch.  EA confirmed a year before that simcity would require an always on internet connection for "multiplayer and worldwide economies". 

I knew right then I wouldn't buy that crap.  I only have time to play one laggy game.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:11am by archon »  

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #28 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:18am
Print Post  
SimCity and DDO needs constant internet and no backup saves that you can revert to.

Coincidence? I think not.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:27am
Print Post  
I generally don't bother with games with a heavy online component till a couple weeks after release.  That being said the new Tomb Raider is awesome.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:27am:
I generally don't bother with games with a heavy online component till a couple weeks after release.  That being said the new Tomb Raider is awesome.

My marauder is halfway through 49!  But I think I need your help because Lord Draahg is facerolling me.  Sad  I run out of his AOE but stupid Quinn pewpew's when he should be healing.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
My marauder is halfway through 49!  But I think I need your help because Lord Draahg is facerolling me.  Sad  I run out of his AOE but stupid Quinn pewpew's when he should be healing.

Sweet, Siss and I have our Bounty Hunter and Sniper at 48...  we can now start dragging you places where we can watch you die horribly.  As for Quinn, make sure his stance is set to Med Something or other so he heals more and pew pews less.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:48am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

neotheny
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
it's sad that to fight piracy companies made their games either shit, or harder to instal then cracked ones.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #33 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:33pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #34 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Gawna, you need to remember marauders have 3, or if setup right, virtually constant interrupts that cannot be denied. When soloing bosses these are VITAL, like literally since marauders are the epitome of melee glass cannons. You have a couple of awesome defensive abilities, but they only last a few seconds.  Marauders are one of the most difficult classes to master. If you want help with your setup, or a guide to using them when soloing or raidwise, let me know. Back on my server before it was forcefull merged twice... I was one of the first marauders clearing raid instances and I helped make the pvp world see how fucking deadly they are.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #35 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:55am:
Gawna, you need to remember marauders have 3, or if setup right, virtually constant interrupts that cannot be denied. When soloing bosses these are VITAL, like literally since marauders are the epitome of melee glass cannons. You have a couple of awesome defensive abilities, but they only last a few seconds.  Marauders are one of the most difficult classes to master. If you want help with your setup, or a guide to using them when soloing or raidwise, let me know. Back on my server before it was forcefull merged twice... I was one of the first marauders clearing raid instances and I helped make the pvp world see how fucking deadly they are.

Mara's are unquestionably top dogs on the DPS chart.

Quote:

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #36 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:18am:
SimCity and DDO needs constant internet and no backup saves that you can revert to.

erm, Simtanic is supposed to be a fucking single player game...
While DDO is supposed to be a massively multiplayer online game ( well the title say it all Dungeons and Dragons Online ).

In one case I expect a full time net access as a requirement... in the other I do not expect one.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #37 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:10pm:
erm, Simtanic is supposed to be a fucking single player game...
While DDO is supposed to be a massively multiplayer online game ( well the title say it all Dungeons and Dragons Online ).

In one case I expect a full time net access as a requirement... in the other I do not expect one.

It's shocking how badly Simcity was fucked up.  Not just on the EA side but it seems that all the design decision made by Maxis were faulty.  Somewhere some marketing asshole who never played a game decided every game needs multiplayer.  The point of Simcity is that it's single player.  Trying to make it multiplayer and tie it into The Sims franchise essentially fucked all that was good and holy about Simcity.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:43pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #38 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
as it's the revival period, lets see how they are going to fuck up SimEarth and SimAnt. Those two were great games... ( and the first one was a a great tool to explain earth geological history and evolution )

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #39 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 1:23pm:
as it's the revival period, lets see how they are going to fuck up SimEarth and SimAnt. Those two were great games... ( and the first one was a a great tool to explain earth geological history and evolution )

I want to see what EA does to classic Sim games like I want to see what Turbine does to classic D&D.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #40 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 8:21am:
Mara's are unquestionably top dogs on the DPS chart.

Oh yea! That is why I love them, and they dual wield and are the dark side. Back on my first server right after release, I was one of only a few marauders around. Many of them were people complaining about how they sucked. I have always had the mindset, kill the bastards before they kill you, so marauders worked for me. After I capped and raided and slaughtered the pvp zones (I shouldn't say just me, there were 2 other marauders that played theirs very similar to mine) and then people started playing them and asking us our builds and marauder advice. It was annoying to login and have 4 peoples sending you tells 3 minutes later asking about marauders.
I just tihnk it is awesome 3 of us made way for marauders and made them legend on our server.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
I picked Marauder because 2 fucking lightsabers are better than 1, obv.

IP Logged

neotheny
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:18am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:43pm:
Somewhere some marketing asshole who never played a game decided every game needs multiplayer.

i'm really annoyed by that. was shocked to see that new TR has multiplayer.

for a momnet i thought, wait, maybe you can clear puzzle rooms with someone else, but no... people don't want that. they want moar capture the flag.

IP Logged

archon
Korthos Resident

Hugs! Not Drugs!

Reply #43 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 9:41pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
I picked Marauder because 2 fucking lightsabers are better than 1, obv.

I did it because DPS is the only thing I give a damn about, in any game. Fuck everyones hp, fuck everyones, buffs, fuck everyones defense. I AM THE MASTER OF DARK SIDE ALL DPS BELONGS TO ME WITHOUT ME THE GROUP IS NOTHING FOR I HOLD THE TRUE POWER NO TANK CAN EVER HOPE TO KEEP AGGRO FROM THE MONUMENTAL DPS I WIELD FEAR ME FOR THE FORCE ITSELF CANNOT WITHSTAND MY GREATNESS

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #45 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 2:13pm
Print Post  

Quote:

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #46 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Well how far can they fall in their Fail ?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #47 - Mar 17th, 2013 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
I made a sith assassin on your server! I was going to make a marauder but mine was my first character and making a new one seems like betrayal. If you see a character named Epoch-Lass, that is me!

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 17th, 2013 at 3:00pm:
I made a sith assassin on your server! I was going to make a marauder but mine was my first character and making a new one seems like betrayal. If you see a character named Epoch-Lass, that is me!

I am leveling an assassin right now named Seismica!  She just hit Nar Shaddaa, so hurry the fuck up.

Also, I am like 200 rep away from getting the next Gree rep level.  Newcomer, I think?  And I did my first HM flashpoints!  My party tried to sneak around a corner to avoid a fight, but what did I do?  Force Charge those motherfuckers.  /flex

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #49 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 16th, 2013 at 2:13pm:

EA CEO resigns. http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57574971-235/ea-ceo-john-riccitiello-resigns/

If this was a Turbine project instead of a CEO resignation, some Dev would be on here telling us how good they are at their job.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint