Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New Shard House (Read 12624 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

New Shard House
Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
People are posting crazy shit on there.  100 shards is 595 TP.  500 is 2795 TP.  People are listing EH Helms or EH dream visors and other non-top tier stuff for 3000-4000 shards.  That's like 10,000 TP.  Two Otto's boxes.  Fucking dumbasses.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: New Shard House
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:43pm:
People are posting crazy shit on there.  100 shards is 595 TP.  500 is 2795 TP.  People are listing EH Helms or EH dream visors and other non-top tier stuff for 3000-4000 shards.  That's like 10,000 TP.  Two Otto's boxes.  Fucking dumbasses.

Did you expect something else?

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
This seems to be a common theme when the primary currency switches.  We saw it when Plat took over from Gold and it is no surprise the same is happening on the AS AH.

It will take time for the Market to "Correct" itself.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
If someone actually buys something at those prices, then it's not the person listing it who's the dumbass...

Besides, from what I understand you get your posting fee back when the auction expires, so it costs you nothing to put something up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
5000 TP can get you an Otto's Box.  5000 TP can get you about 835 Astral Shards.  People listing shit for the value of 3-4 Otto's Boxes is nuts.  Plus, nobody has any Astral Shards.  Before today, all you could spend them on is weapons repair and gold seal ship ammenities.  I only have 130 and that's from the two Otto's Boxes I opened.

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
I used AstralShards on feat swaps and ED resets I think.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
My question... if you auction something and get...lets say...2000 astral shards.
What do you do with that? Buy other stuff in the shard-AH? Reset your epic destinies? Buy some gold seals buffs?
I would rather get the TPs...

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Since there's no cost associated with listing an item on the ASAH (that I'm aware of), then if it doesn't sell you're no worse off than you were before. I agree that some of those prices are stupid-high, but if they actually manage to sell them, and they actually have a use for the Shards, more power to them.

Pseudo-capitalism in action!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My question... if you auction something and get...lets say...2000 astral shards.
What do you do with that? Buy other stuff in the shard-AH? Reset your epic destinies? Buy some gold seals buffs?
I would rather get the TPs...

It is the only way you can trade a BtCoE item that you have equipped.  For example.  I have an EH Blue Dragon Helm with +3 Wisdom.  I slotted both the augment slots.  Then I got an EE version.  So now, I don't need the EH one.  I can't sell it any other way but the Shard AH. 

I have to sell my EH +3 wis helm, an EH shamanic fetish, an EH Ring of Storm Reaver Prophecy, a couple sets of Treads, Grasps, several DunRobars that I was using until my build changed.  A pair of Drow Khopeshes.  Since they were all equipped at one point, this is the only way to get them out of my bank and get something for them.  In exchange, I might find someone else's equipped stuff that they don't need anymore.

Be careful. If you are buying a BtCoE item, chances are it was already bound.  If that is the case, when you remove it from your mail, it becomes bound to you instantly.  You don't have to equip it.  You will not be able to put it in a shared bank, trade it, or list it on the regular AH.  That means you have to buy it on the toon you want to equip it on. 

Of course, some of the Shard AH items have not been bound previously.  If that is the case, then they remain unbound when you get them. 

I don't know if you can tell prior to buying if the item is previously bound and will bind instantly or if it is unbound.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Also, the slots do not get wiped when you sell them.  They keep their augments.  That's a nice bonus on some of these items.

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
People also ask for 2M plat for a +5 combustion scepter of enchantment mastery.  People are dumb.  This shouldn't be news, especially not on the vault.

If those items were actually being purchased, now that might be interesting, as it would indicate a level of sheer stupidity rarely witnessed.

IP Logged

Allo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
some of the ridiculously priced things I put up sold

was there a free way to get shards or something? I can't picture someone dropping $20 to get those items

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Allo wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 6:08pm:
some of the ridiculously priced things I put up sold

was there a free way to get shards or something? I can't picture someone dropping $20 to get those items

There have always been people with more money than good sense.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:51pm:
It is the only way you can trade a BtCoE item that you have equipped.  For example.  I have an EH Blue Dragon Helm with +3 Wisdom.  I slotted both the augment slots.  Then I got an EE version.  So now, I don't need the EH one.  I can't sell it any other way but the Shard AH. 

I have to sell my EH +3 wis helm, an EH shamanic fetish, an EH Ring of Storm Reaver Prophecy, a couple sets of Treads, Grasps, several DunRobars that I was using until my build changed.  A pair of Drow Khopeshes.  Since they were all equipped at one point, this is the only way to get them out of my bank and get something for them.  In exchange, I might find someone else's equipped stuff that they don't need anymore.

Be careful. If you are buying a BtCoE item, chances are it was already bound.  If that is the case, when you remove it from your mail, it becomes bound to you instantly.  You don't have to equip it.  You will not be able to put it in a shared bank, trade it, or list it on the regular AH.  That means you have to buy it on the toon you want to equip it on. 

Of course, some of the Shard AH items have not been bound previously.  If that is the case, then they remain unbound when you get them. 

I don't know if you can tell prior to buying if the item is previously bound and will bind instantly or if it is unbound.

Heh. I need a +3 Wisdom helm. Sadly, I'm not willing to sacrifice my right non existent nut to get it... Dammit.

IP Logged

Eyeran
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
My favourite thing on G-land right now is the +4 str tome for 1500 shards.  Cause, you know, people will totally pay 9000 TP for something they could have bought for 1000 directly from the store.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Currently a globe of blood on Argo around 9,000,999 buyout...

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 9:08pm:

sold

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 7:07pm:
Heh. I need a +3 Wisdom helm. Sadly, I'm not willing to sacrifice my right non existent nut to get it... Dammit.

I'll post it for 150 bid, 200 buyout.  That's 1.5 mill to 2 mill.  With the two slots filled, that's a fair price.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 9:08pm:

I did something like that just to check the max posting values. I realized after that since devs get as much TP as they want, they can just buy anything off of the ASAH. I wouldn't be upset at losing a globe for 10M shards, though.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:31am by Dickbutt »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:18pm:
I'll post it for 150 bid, 200 buyout.  That's 1.5 mill to 2 mill.  With the two slots filled, that's a fair price. 

It probably is - if I had the shards - but I'm not going to run off and spend a ton of TPs on them. TPs are for content in my book. I have a couple of levels to go on the cleric until she needs it, and even then it's a boost of 1 insightful wisdom when they seem to be attempting to phase out DC casting altogether.

I could put a few scales and stuff up I guess and see how they go though, I guess. The market for those seems to be bonkers right now though. I just wish the prices would settle...

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:08am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #21 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:21am:
I did something like that just to check the max posting values. I realized after that since devs get as much TP as they want, they can just buy anything off of the ASAH. I wouldn't be upset at losing a globe for 10M shards, though.

Just think of how long it would take to purchase all of those in bundles of 500.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #22 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 3:47am:
It probably is - if I had the shards - but I'm not going to run off and spend a ton of TPs on them. TPs are for content in my book. I have a couple of levels to go on the cleric until she needs it, and even then it's a boost of 1 insightful wisdom when they seem to be attempting to phase out DC casting altogether.

I suspect that they want to do the same thing to DC spellcasting that they did with AC. They just want to put in nearly unreachable goals to make it seem like it's good for the players.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Toss a buncha stuff up tomorrow so it lasts thru saturday.  With the weekenders joining in all excited, something ridiculously priced is bound to sell while the market determines what fair value looks like.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2013 at 11:26am by karatekid »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #24 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Saw an EE Quiver on Ghallanda with a bid of 1615 . . . that's like $60 for a bunch of pixels?   Strange number to be a starting bid so maybe somebody really wants it that badly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint