Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New Shard House (Read 12643 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: New Shard House
Reply #25 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Saw an EE Quiver on Ghallanda with a bid of 1615 . . . that's like $60 for a bunch of pixels?   Strange number to be a starting bid so maybe somebody really wants it that badly.

IP Logged

SpiritBoy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:00pm:
Saw an EE Quiver on Ghallanda with a bid of 1615 . . . that's like $60 for a bunch of pixels?   Strange number to be a starting bid so maybe somebody really wants it that badly.

You obviously never heard of eve.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:00pm:

That is 8385 (for 1500 shards) worth of TP to get.  That's more than $60.  That's and EE quiver for an Otto's Box plus another top notch EE Item (Helm, treads, grasps, etc).

I honestly don't understand people.  I'm only listing BtCoE items that I have equipped and no longer use because the Shard AH is the only possible way to sell them.  If something isn't bound, I'm putting it on the regular AH.  The ONLY other reason I can see for using the Shard AH is for items that are worth more than 2 million plat.  An EE Quiver or EE Visor or EE Globe is legitimately selling in the 4 million plat range, currently.  The Shard House would make sense for these items too, I guess.  But all the people listing EH or EN items for 500+ Shards, most of which are unbound, is fucking stupid. 

Take Iron Beads.  EH beads are on the Shard AH on Khyber for 500 Shards.  You can buy the same item on the regular AH for 150kpp.  500 Shards = 2795 TP.  I'm curious to see where pricing ends up after the weekend.  A few rounds of listing things at crazy prices and most of them not selling will hopefully bring things back into focus.  Although it only takes a few nut jobs with more money than sense to reward 1 out of every 20 stupid postings and you will delay the process much longer.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
I've been thinking about the Shard House...

It's interesting that a year or so ago when TP trades became all the rage that despite being asked by a number of people Turbine never came out and stated a policy on them.  Now, the created the Shard house which centers 100% of the profit from TP trades to Turbine and removes a percentage from the market.  It's obviously much less beneficial to the seller than a straight TP trade because with a TP trade you could buy store unlocks, items or shards.  Would it surprise anyone that once the masses settle down over the shard house that Turbine will finally speak on TP trades and declare them illegal?  I'm setting the over under at 1.5 months.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #29 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:39pm:
I've been thinking about the Shard House...

It's interesting that a year or so ago when TP trades became all the rage that despite being asked by a number of people Turbine never came out and stated a policy on them.  Now, the created the Shard house which centers 100% of the profit from TP trades to Turbine and removes a percentage from the market.  It's obviously much less beneficial to the seller than a straight TP trade because with a TP trade you could buy store unlocks, items or shards.  Would it surprise anyone that once the masses settle down over the shard house that Turbine will finally speak on TP trades and declare them illegal?  I'm setting the over under at 1.5 months.

Oh, they won't announce shit.  Mother fuckers will just start disappearing.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Hopefully Feather's AIDS will spread to the Zynga idiots and they'll all die in a fire.

IP Logged

Crunch ButtSteak
Stormreaver Piker

Fer teh lolz

Reply #31 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:18pm:
Hopefully Feather's AIDS will spread to the Zynga idiots and they'll all die in a fire.

Those are nutter odds!

It'd be like rolling 10 straight 20s on 1d20.

Whatever - I'm still in for 17 Astral Shards...

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #32 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:18pm:

Holy shit, I dislike the dude, too; but you've raised it to a whole nother level Cheesy

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #33 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 6:32pm:
There have always been people like Thrudh.

FTFY

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #34 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Eladiun wrote Yesterday at 5:32pm:
There have always been people like Thrudh.

FTFY

Only one thing would have solved Thrudh - Reverse Caesarian Section.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I have a goal of netting 1000 astral shards to buy my guild a bigger airship - other than that, I can't see myself using the shard AH very much. Sales I made on Orien that I can remember from this past weekend:

bloodstone: 250 AS buyout
bloodstone: ~250-300 AS buyout
LDS: ~120 AS buyout
3 flawless black: ~35 buyout (can't recall)
Giantcraft Siberys Compass (EH?): ~35 buyout (can't recall)

I listed a few other things (gloves of forgotten craft, etc), but did not write down what sold so far, or my asking prices. I wonder whether we will see prices change much after the first week or so. Other plat to store item transactions like pets have had pretty stable prices over the past year, although I'm not sure about raid timers.

I think my balance was around 540 last night (started at 20 on Friday), so I'm over half-way there. Compared to the cash price of around $50 for the level 55 airship, I've netted around $25 of other people's money towards it so far by selling stuff that was just taking up bank space.

I checked this morning, and I couldn't cancel my bloodstone that I listed for 260 buyout. It was at 220, so it might have a bid on it already - I can't recall what my starting price was. I saw another bloodstone this morning that someone else put up for 100 starting, 150 buyout. It had 1day 23h remaining, and since it wasn't on last night, must have been just listed for 2 days. I expect it to sell quickly.

Selling either my damaged RoSS or else a +3 lesser heart that I looted last night will get me most of the rest of the way to 1000 AS. I'll probably sell the heart, since I haven't done an LR in 2 years, and mostly play TRs now.

Unless it is just the fatigue messing with my memory, I recall accessing the ASAH from inside a quest last night. I wonder if someone could grind out a steady low level income from stocking it with spell mats, scrolls, and potions for people who run out of stuff in a quest. I wonder if Turbine will put an end to that, since it sort of competes with their store monopoly for in-quest purchases. They still get a cut though, so it should be allowed.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #36 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
People are buy bloodstones on the Shard exchange for 100-200 shards?  That's idiotic.  Geez.  I have 5 or 6 of those lying around on old alts.  Who uses a bloodstone anymore?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I almost felt bad about it. I am trying to figure out the typical buyer - powergamers with good jobs, struggling level 10-15 first lifers who have never had more than 25k plat on a character, or else the type of noobs who would buy +1 armor from the DDO store.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #38 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 12:38pm:
I wonder if someone could grind out a steady low level income from stocking it with spell mats, scrolls, and potions for people who run out of stuff in a quest. I wonder if Turbine will put an end to that, since it sort of competes with their store monopoly for in-quest purchases.

you can win and place auctions from within a quest, but you've still gotta go to the mailbox to collect your goods.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 2:51pm:
you can win and place auctions from within a quest, but you've still gotta go to the mailbox to collect your goods.

Ah, I didn't think about that. Right. Thanks for saving me some time.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
I gotta say it's getting really really hilarious watching em dance around the fact that we know they have an AH population script, they know we know, and they can't seem to commit to not using it in the future.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I gotta say it's getting really really hilarious watching em dance around the fact that we know they have an AH population script, they know we know, and they can't seem to commit to not using it in the future.

Jerry/Cordovan's statement was worded rather carefully, wasn't it?
Quote:
Okay, let's put this in writing then: Turbine employees are not spawning loot to put directly on the Shard Exchange themselves. Seriously?!?!

Okay, so they're not doing it on their personal accounts (which wasn't ever a concern of mine), but his response fails to address the entire scripting issue.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
tbh who the fuck cares if the spawn some stuff and sell it via ASAH ?
maybe then we would have some reasonable prices and not those ludicrous prices there are now.

who is so fucking stupid to pay the equivalent of 100$/€ for some items that don't enable you to do stuff you weren't able to before, yeah sure +3 dmg per hit will let you cheese ee content when you were struggling with en before...

player skill > gear

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #43 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Well since the Lamannia coordinator was always talking about using their scripts to populate the AH, we all know they have the ability to do it.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #44 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
I was just in a IQ group with a first life guy asking questions about all the equip he bought off the ASE. I mean, I guess he could've just bought plat with TP codes and then bought stuff off the AH, but there's something kinda distasteful about buying gear directly with cash - not to mention Turbine taking a 30-40% cut.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:04pm:
I was just in a IQ group with a first life guy asking questions about all the equip he bought off the ASE. I mean, I guess he could've just bought plat with TP codes and then bought stuff off the AH, but there's something kinda distasteful about buying gear directly with cash - not to mention Turbine taking a 30-40% cut.

Ioun stones were out of my league before they were added to the third reward list in DD. After the addition, I ran DD over 50 times in the first few days to get a vibrant purple.

Purples usually sell for a similar price to pale lav on the plat AH. Right now, the astral shard AH has a pale lav for 80 AS on Orien. I would not begrudge someone paying a mere $4 to avoid 50 farming runs of Dreaming Dark.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #46 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:52pm:
Ioun stones were out of my league before they were added to the third reward list in DD. After the addition, I ran DD over 50 times in the first few days to get a vibrant purple.

Purples usually sell for a similar price to pale lav on the plat AH. Right now, the astral shard AH has a pale lav for 80 AS on Orien. I would not begrudge someone paying a mere $4 to avoid 50 farming runs of Dreaming Dark.

Fifty, damn.  You know you can just abandon a third completion reward list, right?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 10:54pm:
Fifty, damn.  You know you can just abandon a third completion reward list, right?

Yep. I had pale lavenders coming out of my ears. I haven't had to farm for them. I kept getting stuff that was just barely good enough to take, and a depressing string of useless junk when I dropped the quest. I decided that I felt better about farming by taking the best item on the 3rd and 6th completions in an evening, rather than taking nothing from six lists with useless stones. Ended up with plenty of discs too by taking the completions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint