Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New FOT? (Read 28519 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: New FOT?
Reply #100 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:19am:
I solo'd the Reaver on EN on a melee ranger and tanked him with my face.  Nobody else even needed absorb.

I soloed him on a fighter on EN and EH. So?

If a single person gets the boom plague and runs into the party, anyone without an elec absorb is going to be almost immediately dead. This is going to happen a lot in PUGs.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=412574 is crap writing but it gives you an idea of the mechanic if you haven't done it yet.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #101 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 2:53am
Print Post  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #102 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:19am:
On higher difficulties you could bounce aggro between two mooks with Intim when they get too many debuffs

That's what we did when we did on on EH Tuesday.
We had two rangers ( yes you read, ranger, no need for monkeys )  bounce the aggro between two pillars, and the rest was on Truthful at the other end of the place.
From what I've seen if the Reaver stay between two pillars the area of the storm/boom reach a little bit further than downstair, so as a Cleric standing well away from Truthfull Breath/fight while staying safe from Reaver Storm Boom is quite easy, and you can still hjeeel the melee on Truthfull. We also had a FvS (for a while then a Wolf when the FvS died ) running up and down in the middle chased by a pack of undead dragons and some trash mob.

As long as Group Coordination is good, the bouncing guys don't mess up, and you have somebody to play with the undead dragons the thing is pretty straightforward.

Bigjunk wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:21am:
Not everyone needs the twist for EN,

Asking again : what twist, and for what reason ?
I don't remember anybody being asked having something special from a given destiny when I did it with my guild.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #103 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 4:57am:
Asking again : what twist, and for what reason ? I don't remember anybody being asked having something special from a given destiny when I did it with my guild.

The claim is that FoT will be impossible to complete without the Draconic Incarnation first tier energy sheath.  Those of us who have managed to complete it without said twist must either be amazing or just lucky.  I'm going with amazing! Tongue

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #104 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 8:13am
Print Post  
So what I'm getting out of all this is:  FoT needs a Reaver tank just like ToD needs a shadow tank.  Just different mechanics involved. 

Oh, and anal.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #105 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:22am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 1:26am:
If a single person gets the boom plague and runs into the party, anyone without an elec absorb is going to be almost immediately dead. This is going to happen a lot in PUGs.

If pugs are tards they should be verbally abused until they cry and then squelched.  it's a short raid so if it goes terribly wrong just reform and go again.

This is no different than when LOB came out.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #106 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 8:13am:
So what I'm getting out of all this is:  FoT needs a Reaver tank just like ToD needs a shadow tank.  Just different mechanics involved. 

Oh, and anal.

yes, that's pretty much it.

IP Logged

kavinsky
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 8:13am:

Oh, and anal.

Pretty much - did it EH in a pug. The tank went off and got 10% shiradi, 30% blocking and 10+15% GS, and was basically laughing all the way through - hitting him for ~5-600 damage, which with plenty of heal amp is easy.

As long as tarded people know that stay the fuck away from reaver means stay the fuck away from reaver, it's pretty easy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #108 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:58am:
The claim is that FoT will be impossible to complete without the Draconic Incarnation first tier energy sheath.  Those of us who have managed to complete it without said twist must either be amazing or just lucky.  I'm going with amazing! Tongue

Ah, now it make sense... in a way...

*scratch head*

Now the weird question :

How did I manage to survive ( as a Cleric ) in EH ( to completion )  when I don't have a fucking Level of Draconic Incarnation ( the nearest is 5 level of Flower Sniffer Monkey Stuff ). I must have done something wrong. ( especially as beside 3 death during the course of the fight [ that got quickly raised once the retarded jail mechanism was lifted ] , all the death in my party occured during the last minute before Raid Completion )

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #109 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:37am:
How did I manage to survive

I'm sticking with the theme... you must be amazing too!  Welcome to the club!

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #110 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Goodthings will teach the rest of you all how not to suck...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4952469#post4952469
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:11pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #111 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:11pm:
Goodthings will teach the rest of you all how not to suck...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4952469#post4952469

I linked it already. Guy needs to learn how to write, but at least he made an effort.

Did quite a few FOTs today, PUGs are getting better. One EH even had maybe only 2 deaths.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #112 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 8:17pm:
I linked it already. Guy needs to learn how to write, but at least he made an effort.

Did quite a few FOTs today, PUGs are getting better. One EH even had maybe only 2 deaths.

English isn't his first language but I bet it's better than your second language.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #113 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Noob question. 

How about placing a no-evasion barbarian with heal amp, 33% ring of djin, and energy sheath 50% to tank Stormreaver, with a healer baby sitter that can survive the boom?  They are both separated from Truthy.

Would that work?

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #114 - Mar 22nd, 2013 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Why not just take the Cleric on the StormPiker and let the Barb wail away at the Truthful one.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #115 - Mar 22nd, 2013 at 8:47am
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:58pm:
Noob question. 

How about placing a no-evasion barbarian with heal amp, 33% ring of djin, and energy sheath 50% to tank Stormreaver, with a healer baby sitter that can survive the boom?  They are both separated from Truthy.

Would that work?

yes, the hits aren't that bad with that much absorption.  At least for hard, not sure about Elite.  I've been twisting in Block enrdgy as well for another 30% since there's an obvious tell.

Quote:
Why not just take the Cleric on the StormPiker and let the Barb wail away at the Truthful one.

The Reaver needs to die to, as long as said cleric can beat him down that should be fine.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #116 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 2:26am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 1:26am:

Yeah, just finished healing my first FoT, and even with a Ring of Djinn and Mantle I died pretty freakin' fast when one of the melees managed to somehow get close enough to pick that up (even though leader said about 5000 times to stay the hell away from the Stormreaver). Otherwise, I don't see this raid being any worse than ToD was before Epic Destinies. I was in Exalted Angel with nothing but a couple first-level twists from Unyielding Sentinel and I had no problems staying alive, other than catching the Boom Plague.

(I know, I said I wouldn't heal this raid, but... Hard Shroud is getting boring, and nobody runs ToD or VoD anymore :p )

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #117 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Did 2 more tonight with competent people and there were no problems beyond the usual pre-patch issues. While placement of Stormreaver and Truthful One were more important, those didn't concern most of the party.

I could see the throw that the Stormreaver does on occasion be an issue for tanks that can re-establish aggro at range.

Also, I had Energy Sheath twisted for tanking the Stormreaver, but it seemed like it was getting dispelled every time he cast his bomb thing.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #118 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 8:34am
Print Post  
as I pointed in one of the thread... If my Guild ( 60% Casuals, 30% Educated Casuals, 8% Gamers, 2% Power Gamers )  can pull it off with only 2 death ( screenies somewhere in the official forums ) after barely a week, it's not that difficult... It took us way longer to pull that in ToD or Shroud...

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #119 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Yeah we drunks in LL did it a couple of times last night I don't remember much and passed out somewhere along a demon queen run but it was not bad I think if we can do it drunk with Canadian's anyone can do it lol.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #120 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Mar 23rd, 2013 at 3:01pm:
Yeah we drunks in LL did it a couple of times last night I don't remember much and passed out somewhere along a demon queen run but it was not bad I think if we can do it drunk with Canadian's anyone can do it lol.

I wish you were on my server, you sound fun Smiley

I try to behave and not take a divine on a raid when drunk but I am partial to inebriated raiding Smiley

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #121 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
hehe I only heal drunk

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #122 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
I hopped in the "fixed" raid without knowing it was changed. nothing like get plastered against the wall by lightning when you used to sleep walk in the quest and still succeed.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #123 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4957453#post4957453

FoS asks if anyone is experiencing occasional no-loot in the FoT chest.
Ovrad replies: Sample size is too low, people are having troubles to complete.

I lol'd.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #124 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Ovrad is a moron.  Let's turn it into another "oh no!  A raid is hard on Epic Hard difficulty! Woe is me.  I can't find my easy button anymore." thread.  There aren't enough of those already.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint