Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New FOT? (Read 28490 times)
Turkantho
Ex Member

Re: New FOT?
Reply #25 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Reading both posts, yours atomicmew and cdr's I have to say: cdr is saying way better Tongue

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #26 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 6:56pm:
Norge is spoiled.  He has a bunch of strong players follow him and then talks like his "tactics" are the best thing since sliced bread, even though it's completely unrelated to the success of his group. 

I mean he says that a single melee can kill a dragon in 30 seconds but in the same breath disparages the tactic of a ranged toon kiting the dragons because a "ranged toon is not contributing DPS on the boss at the same time".  He is way too critical of others who find other tactics or change builds to suit their playstyle. I would like to see the day when he stops being a focal point and learns that his way to play the game is not the only way or even necessarily the best.  I think he could do with an ounce of humility. 

I genuinely think he doesn't understand how pampered he is, prime time, end game guild and all. I don't think it is malice aforethought, I think he just doesn't get the way the rest of us peons live.

Me, I am hoping EN is still a raid where I can grab the first whoever and the main thing is making sure stuff is brought down together Smiley

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #27 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
I guess I'm just not getting the angst.  It's either above my head or below my feet.

What's so hard about getting a tier one twist going?  And what's so hard about the shiradi's in the group sharing a charge of energy absorption with the tanks?

People in there are talking about using greensteel absorbtion weapons, and it really doesn't make any sense to me. 

Not terribly different than having to have dr breakers on a melee.  Idk, from some of the pugs I've seen in there it's been bad play that gets them 86'd.  So now the person who has the Stormreaver's aggro during that phase needs to be aware of where they are in relation to the rest of the party.

The unavoidable undead dragons though is bs imo.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:58pm:
I guess I'm just not getting the angst.  It's either above my head or below my feet.

What's so hard about getting a tier one twist going?  And what's so hard about the shiradi's in the group sharing a charge of energy absorption with the tanks?

People in there are talking about using greensteel absorbtion weapons, and it really doesn't make any sense to me. 

Not terribly different than having to have dr breakers on a melee.  Idk, from some of the pugs I've seen in there it's been bad play that gets them 86'd.  So now the person who has the Stormreaver's aggro during that phase needs to be aware of where they are in relation to the rest of the party.

The problem is noteveryone is at that point where they've got around to DI, and not everyone bothers to cap all their destinies anyway.  Djinn ring alone is not enough, so you're asking for a sizeable time investment for the average pug to be "prepared".  Not at all typical of what's available in the average prophets run.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #29 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:58pm:

That's dumb, as is the save debuff but it's avoidable.  I'm off timer and I think ransack tomorrow so I'll see for myself.

Thing is from a business standpoint I think Turbine's gonna sell a lot fewer raid timer bypasses.

And yes, Norg is a fucking retard.

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 12:22am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:08pm:
And yes, madmatt is a fucking moron.

He's bad enough without Hendricunt sucking his dick.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #31 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:14am
Print Post  
For a pure barbarian, is there anyway to add SP in order to cast energy sheath?  Change ED?

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #32 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:28am
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:14am:
For a pure barbarian, is there anyway to add SP in order to cast energy sheath?  Change ED?

Easiest? SP item or slot +SP yellow or guild.

If you need/want regenerating SP: Halcyon boots, ConOpp, Magical Training as a feat, stack of minor mana pots+SP item.

I'm jonesing for Halcyon on my fighter for Cocooning, but Sheathe etc would be a nice side benefit.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:29am by cdr »  

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #33 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:32am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:28am:
Easiest? SP item or slot +SP yellow or guild.

If you need/want regenerating SP: Halcyon boots, ConOpp, Magical Training as a feat, stack of minor mana pots+SP item.

I'm jonesing for Halcyon on my fighter for Cocooning, but Sheathe etc would be a nice side benefit.

Ahhh! Thanks!

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #34 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:49am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 8:19pm:
The problem is noteveryone is at that point where they've got around to DI, and not everyone bothers to cap all their destinies anyway.  Djinn ring alone is not enough, so you're asking for a sizeable time investment for the average pug to be "prepared".  Not at all typical of what's available in the average prophets run. 

Yeah, this. The only one of my toons that's made it over to DI is my wizzie, who wasn't exactly far away in the first place. I hate the destiny grind so tend to get enough for two tier 1 twists and get the hell out. I am just hoping the djinn ring is enough for normal.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #35 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 7:23am
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:14am:

Yeah, technically just equipping a spell point item should do the trick.  I haven't flagged any of my barbs (freetard account children) for the raid as of yet.  If I get a chance soon I'll test it out.  But it seems to me that the change in mechanics giving sp for items was to allow this.

Evandus runs around with a blue bar on a total melee build only because of his past lives and wearing a greensteel item currently.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #36 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 7:26am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 8:19pm:

Yeah, I get this.  Including the need to have to grind content for gear, and now twists seems to be the way of things now. 

Is cannith crafting still broken for crafting electric absorb?  I haven't checked lately and have been under the whip with my guild leader doing a speed tr on halfdeadd.  She's edumacating me on things I asked about a couple months ago so don't really have time to check atm.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #37 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:49am:
Yeah, this. The only one of my toons that's made it over to DI is my wizzie, who wasn't exactly far away in the first place. I hate the destiny grind so tend to get enough for two tier 1 twists and get the hell out. I am just hoping the djinn ring is enough for normal.

it isn't that hard to get a tier 2 and a tier 1 twist......

My artie had 7 fate points just by getting over to shiradi and maxing it out (of course I had level 5 fatesinger and level 4 shadowdancer by that time because I messed around in them, but just subtracting 2 levels because level 4 fatesinger and level 3 SD are all you need if you are getting to shiradi from magister-which was a foolish choice as first ED-and that is still 6 fatepoints, which is enough for a tier 2 and 1 twist or a tier 3 twist.......and you can get most of that just leveling up to 25.)

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:26am
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:58am:
it isn't that hard to get a tier 2 and a tier 1 twist......

My artie had 7 fate points just by getting over to shiradi and maxing it out (of course I had level 5 fatesinger and level 4 shadowdancer by that time because I messed around in them, but just subtracting 2 levels because level 4 fatesinger and level 3 SD are all you need if you are getting to shiradi from magister-which was a foolish choice as first ED-and that is still 6 fatepoints, which is enough for a tier 2 and 1 twist or a tier 3 twist.......and you can get most of that just leveling up to 25.)

And if you're a barb, you need to level fury to 5, shiradi to 4, LD to 3, shadowdancer to 4, fatesinger to 3 and get 3 ranks into the first level in DI. Trivial.

A lot people don't bother maxing more than one or two destinies, especially the ones who suddenly realize after getting from LD into GMoF, or from FotW into SC that their destiny suddenly offers nothing. And even if you think these people are noobs, they'll be the ones hitting your pugs.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:33am by »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #39 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Expecting people to have a particular twist (or twist AND item even) just to complete something on EH is unreasonable IMO. EE, sure.

Had another PUG where I was the only one left alive after the Reaver got his party hat. I don't know what to do about that, have everyone run as far away as possible from where Reaver+Truthful One are until Reaver is backed into a corner?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #40 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:35am
Print Post  
So I've done a new FoT... now I can talk. ( and I was a my main... a Cleric )

The changes are not that gamebreaking.

It requires a loot of coordination and a good team but we did it EH with only a few death.
We had a spike of bad luck right at the end and 4 people died at the same time ( caught in a boom ), a few seconds before raid completion. ( before that we only had 2 death )

As a Cleric, beside the last 30 seconds that were a bit hectic, the rest was a piece of cake.
I ended up at 200 SP left, after driking 1 potion ( with some refining I can probably get away without drinking it, as I wasted some SP on overhealing )

Now the group was a guild group, with decent characters ( some of us have powergamer multi-TR chracters with all the bells and whistles, others like me have well equipped first life characters ) and a good coordination both in party chat and through voice. ( healers calling on who is centered the mass spells, dps announcing the health of their respective target, leader ordering people to switch target when needed...  )
The only requirements we had was that the DPS were on their main destiny ( that is one that is capped and that they [ the players ] prefer for that character ).
( As a Cleric I wasn't concerned, I went Angel for the SPs ) 

All in all I don't see where the nerdrage is as before the changes the raid promised to be a new version of piker's fate.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:44am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #41 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:35am:
So I've done a new FoT... now I can talk. ( and I was a my main... a Cleric )

The changes are not that gamebreaking.

It's simple.   The majority of DDO players are spoiled babies.  They expect everything to be given to them them.  They don't want to have to expend any effort to achieve their goals.  The "Don't tell me how to play."  crowd expects to be able to pick up 12 asshats and beat any raid content.  The player base is poisoned and this is what you get.  I would love to see half of these cunts try a real progression where you spend a month failing before you master the raid.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:42am:
It's simple.   The majority of DDO players are spoiled babies.  They expect everything to be given to them them.  They don't want to have to expend any effort to achieve their goals.  The "Don't tell me how to play."  crowd expects to be able to pick up 12 asshats and beat any raid content.  The player base is poisoned and this is what you get.  I would love to see half of these cunts try a real progression where you spend a month failing before you master the raid.

You have described my static group perfectly.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #43 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:03am
Print Post  

I completely agree, but im still drinking exp elixir's to get through tr purgatory to get there. Wink

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

fluffi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:23am
Print Post  
I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I'll be able to solo it on EE.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:32am
Print Post  

If by spoiled you mean not wanting to spend 15 hours in rusted blades farming destinies to get to one twist that's essential for one quest in the entire game and useless everywhere else.  Take your elitism elsewhere and preferably take norge and shade with you. 
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:32am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #46 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:57am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:32am:
If by spoiled you mean not wanting to spend 15 hours in rusted blades farming destinies to get to one twist that's essential for one quest in the entire game and useless everywhere else.  Take your elitism elsewhere and preferably take norge and shade with you. 

This from the guy who says it's taking him twice as long to SOLO a raid on EN.  Waaaaaa....  Want a binky you fucking pansy.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #47 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Wow. There is being disappointed with the game direction and then there is going all the way out into crazy land.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #48 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:05am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:32am:

Yea, because that one quest can only be done by people with that specific twist  Huh

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #49 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:05am:
Yea, because that one quest can only be done by people with that specific twist  Huh

uh ? which quest ? which class ? which twist ?

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint