Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) New FOT? (Read 28527 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Re: New FOT?
Reply #75 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:45am:
I'll be doing this "Fixed" raid Friday night with my guild the only thing that bothers me about this "Fix" is they waited till many of us who do their press and report to magazines with the earlier version of this raid.

No where were we informed that there were issues with this raid and many of us praised the FOT as one of the great features of update 17.

Its not hard to feel a little duped though I am sure others at massively and TTH don't really give a crap.

That is an angle I had't thought of. Hmmm. Personally I suspect they put it in deliberately broken so that people would blow lots of TPs on raid bypass times before they fixed it /tinfoilhat

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #76 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:45am:
I'll be doing this "Fixed" raid Friday night with my guild the only thing that bothers me about this "Fix" is they waited till many of us who do their press and report to magazines with the earlier version of this raid.

No where were we informed that there were issues with this raid and many of us praised the FOT as one of the great features of update 17.

Its not hard to feel a little duped though I am sure others at massively and TTH don't really give a crap.

Did you get linkbacks to your blog from some of the MMO rags?  If not, it's not too late to kill it Cheesy

EDIT:  I meant the article, not your blog.

(grumble, grumble): and leslie for that matter.

EDIT:  this was WAI, tho.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:24pm by karatekid »  

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:12pm:
You've got your posters mixed up. I penned that masterpiece.

Now apologize RIGHT NOW to stainer for mistaking him for me. Nobody deserves that.

You all look alike to me, though!  Light blue, dark text, little white in the background.

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #78 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:12pm:
That is an angle I had't thought of. Hmmm. Personally I suspect they put it in deliberately feather_of_sun'ed so that people would blow lots of TPs on raid bypass times before they fixed it /tinfoilhat

LEAVE FEATHER ALONE!!!!!!!

It's not like he meant everything he touched to be broken...

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #79 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:21pm:
LEAVE FEATHER ALONE!!!!!!!

It's not like he meant everything he touched to be broken...

I <3 that sub - makes me chuckle every time Smiley

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #80 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 2:49pm:
I <3 that sub - makes me chuckle every time Smiley

Sure blame the sub!

Gotchyer back, Feather! <scarf fist bump>

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #81 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
My review of the whole update wasn't that great but I did tout the raid being one of the best features.

Rest Im going to cleric again Friday night so expect a wipe lol I thought about trying to do it sober but no freaking way I have heard our guild drunk while Im sober no way I am subjecting myself to that kinda torture dunno how ya did it all this time lol.

And yeah it just seems pretty damned shifty to me but i'll know better next time they have a major update to just wait a while before doing any write ups.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #82 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:08pm:
Sure blame the sub!

Gotchyer back, Feather! <scarf fist bump>

Careful there, scarf boy. 

I'd imagine it's pretty easy to injure yourself with that type of limp wristed fist bump.   Grin

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #83 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Just did an EN PUG. 8/12 died when reaver became active, two or three dozen deaths from when Reaver became active until finish. The hardest part seems to be getting puggers to understand that the lightning is infectious.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #84 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:42pm:
Just did an EN PUG. 8/12 died when reaver became active, two or three dozen deaths from when Reaver became active until finish. The hardest part seems to be getting puggers to understand that the lightning is infectious.

So only have one mook beat on the Reaver? 

Is there an obvious tell before the boom?

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #85 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
kierg10 wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:25pm:
all i read.

Quote:
That was the only important part anyway.

Mission accomplished

IP Logged

karatekid

Reply #86 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:32pm:
Careful there, scarf boy. 

I'd imagine it's pretty easy to injure yourself with that type of limp wristed fist bump.   Grin

Not so long as we have our driving gloves on.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #87 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:43pm:
So only have one mook beat on the Reaver? 

Is there an obvious tell before the boom?

I had sheathe+EE ring of djinn+primal shield, so I was that mook. 5-stacked EN boom was still hitting me for 300 every 15 seconds even with 50%+33%+10% absorb and 60 resist. I wonder what EH will do. I barely even had to drink SF pots though, obviously, since the reaver does nil damage aside from the new attack.

Someone with the boom DOT on them will be continuously struck with a LitII-style lightning bolt, which will also start striking anyone else nearby and infect them. If you're infected you also get an easy-to-miss bit of text in the middle of the screen, dunno if you get the text if you're not infected but nearby. If someone other than the tank gets it on them, they should probably go away from everyone else until it goes away or they die.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #88 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:57pm:
I had sheathe+EE ring of djinn+primal shield, so I was that mook. 5-stacked EN boom was still hitting me for 300 every 15 seconds even with 50%+33%+10% absorb and 60 resist. I wonder what EH will do. I barely even had to drink SF pots though, obviously, since the reaver does nil damage aside from the new attack.

Someone with the boom DOT on them will be continuously struck with a LitII-style lightning bolt, which will also start striking anyone else nearby and infect them. If you're infected you also get an easy-to-miss bit of text in the middle of the screen, dunno if you get the text if you're not infected but nearby. If someone other than the tank gets it on them, they should probably go away from everyone else until it goes away or they die.

is there an obvious tell so you can "block" it and get that extra 30% absorption from Sentinel?

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #89 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:25pm:
is there an obvious tell so you can "block" it and get that extra 30% absorption from Sentinel?

The "3 2 1 boom" text you get, I expect. I hardly notice it though since I'm trying to pay attention to my health, the stormreaver's health, the dracolitch's health, the stormreaver's positioning, the lich's positioning, etc.

I'm not really a fan of Sentinel unless it's going to make a raid much easier (EE DQ) and Block Energy is a T3 twist... meh. Maybe for EE.

The damage is just stupidly overtuned. They need to fix that at a minimum.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #90 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That was the only important part anyway.

sorry, I should clarify.

His screen name is goofy.

Goofy Anal Cheesy

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Infant
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:25pm:

"Stormreavers Lightning Arc clings(?) to you. 3...2...1...Boom!"

All over your screen.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:57am:
This from the guy who says it's taking him twice as long to SOLO a raid on EN.  Waaaaaa....  Want a binky you fucking pansy.

I'm not being a pansy, I'm saying the mechanic is stupid.  You want a challenge? Fine, that's what EE is for.  But EN should be completable with a pug without much challenge.  But the only way to complete even EN is to have a specific twist and have people grind out a huge amount of time farming destinies they don't care about.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #93 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:10pm:
I'm not being a pansy, I'm saying the mechanic is stupid.  You want a challenge? Fine, that's what EE is for.  But EN should be completable with a pug without much challenge.  But the only way to complete even EN is to have a specific twist and have people grind out a huge amount of time farming destinies they don't care about. 

But is this hyperbole or can you do it on EN without the twist? If you can't I'm right there with you torchwaving, becasue I think this is designed to be a social raid, with the tiers geared for more grind, and they damn well need to make EN entry level (or at the bare minimum ROTD entry level)

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #94 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Just curious, but has anyone looked to see if those damn Madstone rods are worth using in FoT?  I grabbed one on my rogue, but apparently can't use is even though I have a 43 UMD.  Stupid class restrictions...

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #95 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Another EN, another ~8 people dying with the first Reaver attack. This was a mostly-guild run I joined from a more casual guild. People were on voice and listened, I was the only one near the reaver when he went active, but both the healers somehow immediately caught the plague and bit it shortly followed by another 6 people.

Even on EN, I dunno how you avoid a near party wipe if the entire party doesn't have absorb. The plague doesn't go away until everyone who has it dies, pretty much, since it continually re-infects anyone near who doesn't have it.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:24pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #96 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:03am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:21pm:
Even on EN, I dunno how you avoid a near party wipe if the entire party doesn't have absorb. The plague doesn't go away until everyone who has it dies, pretty much, since it continually re-infects anyone near who doesn't have it.

Yeap - that sure sounds like MY definition of "fun"...

*marks off another raid I won't be running on my Clerics*

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #97 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:16am
Print Post  
The pug I joined did epic normal which is a complete joke.  People who can't handle that should just uninstall the game.

Reaver tank died, took over on my ranger with with 50% sheath.  got hit for about 400 and change, healed myself though it.  Not tough at all.  I'm gonna try it with Djin Ring, 50% sheath, Tier III twist from Sentinel, and 15% from Shiradis.  that should allow for easy-button face-tanking.

Biggest issue was pugs acting like tards, that's best brought in line with proper nerd-rage therapy.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #98 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:19am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 11:21pm:

I solo'd the Reaver on EN on a melee ranger and tanked him with my face.  Nobody else even needed absorb.  He doesn't have a lot of HP.

On higher difficulties you could bounce aggro between two mooks with Intim when they get too many debuffs . . . but I'm not sure that's even needed as I think you can slot enough absorb to mitigate it to reasonable levels.

And yes, that tell is obvious.  the 30% while blocking should pay off.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #99 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:29pm:
But is this hyperbole or can you do it on EN without the twist? If you can't I'm right there with you torchwaving, becasue I think this is designed to be a social raid, with the tiers geared for more grind, and they damn well need to make EN entry level (or at the bare minimum ROTD entry level)

Not everyone needs the twist for EN, I don't think everyone will need it for EH or even EE.  Just the person designated as the reaver tank.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint