Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Early Elder Scrolls Info (Read 480 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Early Elder Scrolls Info
Mar 19th, 2013 at 11:02am
Print Post  
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-just-might-be-aw...

Some good; some bad; No Raids seems like a regrettable design choice.  Sounds like another solo MMO that might be making the same mistakes TOR did on release in not having a well defined end game.  It's still early though...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Re: Early Elder Scrolls Info
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
I haven't read the article yet, but from your statement I'll assume that their end game is assumed to be AvA (which is what I assumed prior as well).
Just like in Gw2, people complained in the beginning that there was no defined end game other than 5 man dungeons, when the fact of the matter is that the end game was/is WvWvW, which in my mind is better than the gear grind raid focused end game you find in most MMOs.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2013 at 6:56pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Read it.  First person view will make ES fans happy, but I'll probably stick with third anyway.  Not much else new in that article.
Also my YouTube feed had these vids today.

Dev on crafting, progression, and more: here
Dev on AvA and PvP: here
Dev on creature combat: here (during which she specifically states that the game is more PvP focused at the end, confirming that the AvA is a large portion of what they consider end game)

I have a feeling I'm going to be hard pressed to decide which I'll want to play more, this or Defiance.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2013 at 7:37pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 7:28am
Print Post  
If anything that's come out can turn me away from my ddo addiction, this game will.  I'm a huge fan of the series, have every game, and still play them.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 7:28am:
I'm a huge fan of the series, have every game, and still play them.

I play Daggerfall still, and Skyrim, but none of the others were able to capture my attention.  I miss the complete openness of Daggerfall =/.

PVP turns me off on the game completely though =/, I had hopes that are now dashed.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:21am
Print Post  
That and it still sounds like it has the clunky non fluid combat of an Elder Scrolls game.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Mar 19th, 2013 at 6:55pm:
I haven't read the article yet, but from your statement I'll assume that their end game is assumed to be AvA (which is what I assumed prior as well).
Just like in Gw2, people complained in the beginning that there was no defined end game other than 5 man dungeons, when the fact of the matter is that the end game was/is WvWvW, which in my mind is better than the gear grind raid focused end game you find in most MMOs.

I like PvP but I love progression raiding.  Any game without progression raiding won't keep my attention for long.

Quote:

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I know a lot of people feel that way as well.  I'm just not one of them.

A couple more vids in my feed today.
Dev on progression and design creed here (builds/etc)
On new features and beta here (the faction locked territories hot button issue is addressed here)

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
TONS of links on this page.  A lot of the info is stuff we already know, but some of it is worth reading/watching, particularly the gamebreaker vid (*if you can sit through over an hour of interview with someone that played for four hours at PAX).
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2013 at 9:00pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:07am
Print Post  
When I tried it out at PAX, the combat felt more or less the same as in Skyrim to me. FWIW.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:07am:
When I tried it out at PAX, the combat felt more or less the same as in Skyrim to me. FWIW.

At PAX, was everyone playing the same character (ie: leveling up as the day went on) or did you start new?
I ask because I would imagine that the addition of the slot skills is going to change the combat a bit from what we have/had in Skyrim.  And if everyone was starting new, you probably didn't get to p[lay long enough to see any of them in action.  By all reports, combat really starts to come into it's own around level 5 or 6.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:01am:
At PAX, was everyone playing the same character (ie: leveling up as the day went on) or did you start new?
I ask because I would imagine that the addition of the slot skills is going to change the combat a bit from what we have/had in Skyrim.  And if everyone was starting new, you probably didn't get to p[lay long enough to see any of them in action.  By all reports, combat really starts to come into it's own around level 5 or 6.

IIRC, and I might not be, everyone played from the beginning of the character they were given, but the character didn't start at 1. It was a few levels in. Kmack or Maxwell might remember where it started.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 9:08am
Print Post  
I think the characters started at 6. I spent maybe 10 seconds on the character creation part though.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
That sounds right.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 20th, 2013 at 9:23am:
I like PvP but I love progression raiding.  Any game without progression raiding won't keep my attention for long.

Don't you play DDO?

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 3rd, 2013 at 1:30pm:
Don't you play DDO?

Not recently...and when I did raids and epics provided a challenge.

Quote:

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #16 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 3rd, 2013 at 2:23pm:
Not recently...and when I did raids and epics provided a challenge.

They were certainly fun, and some were certainly challenging.  I'm not exactly sure I'd characterize them as "progression raiding", though.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #17 - May 11th, 2013 at 4:45pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #18 - May 11th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
The music and the graphics look better than Neverwinter.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2013 at 5:06pm by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #19 - May 11th, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
http://beefjack.com/news/elder-scrolls-online-has-at-least-440-hours-of-content-...

Elder Scrolls Online has at least 440 hours of content (if our maths is any good)
Jamie Donnelly March 25, 2013 - 2:40 pm

I’ve been having fun with numbers. At PAX East 2013, Elder Scrolls Online creative director Paul Sage broke down just how much content the MMO will have, and if his numbers and my numbers are accurate, we’re looking at 440 hours of content (at the very least).

MMOs tend to live and die on how much content they have to offer. Run out of content too soon, and suddenly you’ve got a world full of players twiddling their thumbs and looking to move on. This is why we see so many updates and expansions within the genre; as soon as players have bested the last content update, they’re desperate to be given more.
In the Elder Scrolls Online, players are going to have a lot of content to get through, right from the off. Without even considering PVP, dungeons, and starter zones, there’s going to be 440 hours of content on offer… if my maths skills are in any way up to scratch. Speaking to JohnsGameChannel at PAX East 2013, Creative Director of Elder Scrolls Online Paul Sage broke down the size of each zone and how much content their is in each.

“The map is huge, right, literally if you take one of our zones – that’s about a 3k by 4k map – that’s huge,” explained Sage. “We expect to get at least 20-40 hours content out of that, and that doesn’t even include the dungeons in there. Then you take that, there’s in one alliance 5 of those maps plus Coldharbour and plus the starter areas in that, so you know, it’s just massive. So then you have three of those alliances, then you have Cyrodiil which is at least 7 of those zones put together.”

So, that’s 5 zones per alliance, with 3 alliances. Add in Cyrodiil which is comprised of at least 7 zones, and we’ve got ourselves 22 zones worth of map, before you consider all the extras. If we assume the minimum content limit (20 hours) that Sage suggest is the correct one – it usually is – then that makes at the very least 440 hours of content in Elder Scrolls Online, and – if we’re being optimistic and taking the upper limit Sage states – a possible 880 hours of content. See, Maths is fun!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint