Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Invis: Uh-Oh (Read 4549 times)
IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Invis: Uh-Oh
Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
U17.2 Release Notes:

"The Invisibility spell has had its text amended to reflect its intended functionality; the "Description" field has been deleted."

I'm not entirely sure what's happened with Invis.  It is clear, of course, that *something* is no longer working like it used to.

I wonder if this is another bug that's been moved to WAI, or if the DEVs are just refusing to come clean about some fancy shit they pulled to try and fuck with invis-zerging.

OnePercenter wrote on Jan 19th, 2014 at 5:32pm:
I agree with 0bama...

OnePercenter wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:18am:
Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Invis: Uh-Oh
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:14pm:
U17.2 Release Notes:

"The Invisibility spell has had its text amended to reflect its intended functionality; the "Description" field has been deleted."

I'm not entirely sure what's happened with Invis.  It is clear, of course, that *something* is no longer working like it used to.

I wonder if this is another bug that's been moved to WAI, or if the DEVs are just refusing to come clean about some fancy shit they pulled to try and fuck with invis-zerging.

Mobs never responded correctly to sound.  Now, they react and agro to sound correctly.  So, invis zerging is dead.  You need to be invisible/hidden and move silently as it always was supposed to work by D&D 3.5 rules.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:50pm:
Mobs never responded correctly to sound.  Now, they react and agro to sound correctly.  So, invis zerging is dead.  You need to be invisible/hidden and move silently as it always was supposed to work by D&D 3.5 rules.

You need to go join the thread on the forums and continue to post misinformation like this bullshit.

I agree with 0bama...

Not saying that others weren't better, just that quantity does not always indicate quality...  I mean, look at my post count...

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
It's the truth it was even in the patch notes.  People just don't know how to read.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Posting full Update 17 Patch 2 release notes here.

IMARANGER wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:14pm:
Fixed an issue which meant that some players could not buy points from the in-game store while point bundles were on sale. Now no players can buy points from the in-game store while point bundles are on sale.

Fixed an issue where Verisgante no longer offers certain items to in-form Pale Masters: Pale Master forms have been disabled until the enhancement pass.

Fixed a bug outstanding since the change from Gold to Platinum base currency, where plat costs for purchases from Bartenders have been 1/100th of the intended price.

New feature: You can now spend Astral Shards with the Bartender!
2 Astral Shards for accelerated healing/sp recovery up to ML 8 items
4 Astral Shards for accelerated healing/sp recovery ML 8 - 16 items
8 Astral Shards for accelerated healing/sp recovery ML >16 items

Items can now be repaired in tavern areas for 1 Astral Shard per 100pp value of damage

Known Issues: Due to a technical constraint, it was not possible to increase the platinum price of consumables from the Bartender without also increasing the cost of item repair by the same amount. This issue also affects repair costs at Vendors.

Due to player feedback, we have removed the ability to repair items in quests and public areas by spending Astral Shards. All repairs must once more be made via Vendors and Bartenders.

Bound-to-Character on Acquire items can now be sold on the ASAH! Posting fee is 5 shards and the cut taken is 60%.

In response to player feedback, Mass Hold Monster now uses its proper animation.

Known Issues: All spells affecting multiple targets (including all those with "Mass" in the title) currently have a DC = 10 + half spell level. This is not modified by casting stats, race or class enhancements, feats, bard abilities or ship buffs.

A bug which resulted in some players failing to receive loot from the end chest of Fall of Truth has been removed, as has the chest.  It will return in the near future.

The Invisibility spell has had its text amended to reflect its intended functionality; the "Description" field has been deleted.

To improve consistency, all Bard songs have been changed to grant Enhancement modifiers where applicable to stats and casting DC's, Competence modifiers where applicable to skills and Resistance bonuses where applicable to saves.

New Store Item! Augment Bags: Keep all your augment crystals in one handy inventory slot. Binds to Character on Acquire.  Cost will probably be 2495TP

In response to player feedback on VIP rewards, VIP's will now receive 20 Astral Shards per month, awarded on the monthly subscription date. VIP's will no longer receive Turbine Points as part of their subscription.

The Toughness feat now grants a number of hit points equal to 1/10th of your Astral Shard total. The number of hit points granted may in future be modified (downwards) for game balance. Race and Class toughness enhancements will also grant hit points based on a proportion of your Astral Shard total.

To address concerns about the cost of collectable turn-ins from traders, collectable drop rates have been increased ten-fold.

New Store Item! Humongous Collectables Bag: Stores up to 2,000 types of collectable in stacks of up to 10,000. Binds to Character on Acquire. 4,995TP

Due to a lack of demand and as part of our on-going activity to remove unnecessary items from the DDO Store, Large Collectables bags will no longer be purchasable.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:35pm by IMARANGER »  

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
It is a joke thread.  I am not sure if you are joking or serious.

Maybe pass the glue that you are sniffing?

IP Logged

Smrti
VoD Slasher

I Am Fooling No One

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:30pm:

Did you even fucking read those?

Wow.

Munkenmo wrote on Jun 20th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
All hail Smrti.

Felgor wrote on Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:18pm:
Fuck Australia.

rev Jim wrote on Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:40am:
I wish I was a rich black woman sometimes........

IP Logged

Ekkehart
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:13pm
Print Post  

Raithe, is that you?

That's never how it worked on dnd 3.5 either. Pinpointing an invisible creature that isn't attacking by sound is a friggin epic level check. They can know there's something around there, but never straight aggro on you like they came equipped with fucking sonars.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:03pm:
It is a joke thread.  I am not sure if you are joking or serious.

Maybe pass the glue that you are sniffing?

If you're not sure, compare my post with the original post.  That should help you figure things out.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Raithe, is that you?

If it sounds like Raithe and looks to be (as stupid as) Raithe, well, then it's probably Raithe.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:36am
Print Post  
There's a problem with Invisibility ?

I ask because honestly I haven't noticed any... and I've been using in through Gianthold ( Epic version ) and King Forest to reach quest entrances... and beside the few spiders there's not much that bother me.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 22nd, 2013 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The Toughness feat now grants a number of hit points equal to 1/10th of your Astral Shard total. The number of hit points granted may in future be modified (downwards) for game balance. Race and Class toughness enhancements will also grant hit points based on a proportion of your Astral Shard total.

Perfect Smiley

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 22nd, 2013 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
There was a point after u 17 where invis did nothing at all.  It is working-ish now.  Still seems a bit quirky especially with regard to DA, but it does something. 
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2013 at 2:35pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2013 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
It's randomly effective, even among a given population of mobs in one room. 

It's like someone grabbed 1d10% of the relevant code and squashed it.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #14 - Mar 23rd, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
IMARANGER wrote on Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:30pm:

You need to PM this to Chai for his next P2W rant.

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

Yobai wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
I would rather give Thrudh a rim job.

Bigjunk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:21pm:
That is some masterful trolling.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 5:10am
Print Post  
That's hilarious, I hadn't realised a post of mine had made it to the Vault  Cheesy  I actually got a couple of PM's from people thinking it was serious, and I'm pretty sure it was one of those people who neg-repped me for it 'cos they felt so dumb for actually believing it.  There's no helping some people.

It worked better with the original formatting though... some of the text was in black.

I shouldn't have posted the Astral Deva epic destiny thing later in the thread; I could actually imagine them doing that, and when it happens I'll be forced to punch myself in the face repeatedly   Undecided

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 5:10am:
I actually got a couple of PM's from people thinking it was serious

Good parody should always be somewhat believable, and you wrote a pretty decent piece of parody. Smiley

Family, Country, and the US stock market. Although, in a pinch, any convertible currency or liquid asset will do.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
That's hilarious, I hadn't realised a post of mine had made it to the Vault  Cheesy  I actually got a couple of PM's from people thinking it was serious, and I'm pretty sure it was one of those people who neg-repped me for it 'cos they felt so dumb for actually believing it.  There's no helping some people.

It worked better with the original formatting though... some of the text was in black.

I shouldn't have posted the Astral Deva epic destiny thing later in the thread; I could actually imagine them doing that, and when it happens I'll be forced to punch myself in the face repeatedly   Undecided

Prolly fucking thrudh... anything to defend the besmirchmentification (just made that up) his beloved Turbine.

Well, that, and I have this irrational extreme dislike for him and will attribute anything negative I can to him, whether he did it or not.

IP Logged

GermanicusMaximus
Dragon Raider

Thou shalt have no other
trolls before me.

Reply #18 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 11:15am:
Well, that, and I have this irrational extreme dislike for him

Why do you consider it irrational?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 7:37pm
Print Post  

What the fuck ever.  Invis zerging is still alive and well.  I still ransack ADQ chests weekly, and I started/completed a TR after U17.  Still farmed out my usual TR quest list by invis zerging.  I've also completed EE End of the Road several times, invising past 90% of the mobs.

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 7:49pm
Print Post  

Sorry, I'm bad with forum code. =(

GermanicusMaximus wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:56am:
Good parody should always be somewhat believable, and you wrote a pretty decent piece of parody. Smiley

I modified his original post slightly for the repost here, deleting what I took to be the most unbelievable portions.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

IMARANGER
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 25th, 2013 at 7:37pm:
What the fuck ever.  Invis zerging is still alive and well.  I still ransack ADQ chests weekly, and I started/completed a TR after U17.  Still farmed out my usual TR quest list by invis zerging.  I've also completed EE End of the Road several times, invising past 90% of the mobs.

Thanks for letting us all know what a big boy with a small penis you are.

I agree with 0bama...

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:58am
Print Post  

I'm so proud of you

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #23 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Mar 26th, 2013 at 7:58am:
I'm so proud of you

It's your fault I'm here at all; if the Turbine Death Squad break into my house, I'm warning you I'll tell them everything   Wink

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint