Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Vargouille's actual words (Read 18829 times)
OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Vargouille's actual words
Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Everything Vargouille said during the Q&A.

There was a lot of "noise" which I did not include.  This is ONLY what Vargouille said.

If you want to know what Shade thinks of things, I'll be happy to link the first 30% of the dialogue.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Re: Vargouille's actual words
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
That doesn't look like he said the core stuff won't change. It looks like he was answering specific questions regarding UI, multiclass, AP, etc.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:29pm:
If you want to know what Shade thinks of things, I'll be happy to link the first 30% of the dialogue.

If it's amusing, please post it.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Barbarian and max dps sorc weren't released yet. Sure that was Shade?

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Some classes will only have 2 pre trees to start I got a bad feeling about this...

Clerics are screwed sigh Sad its the Radient servant b.s. all over again...why I have to love a class that is so abused?

They aren't expecting every one to be a heal bot yet they nurtured the only way to get your spell pen (if you aren't an elf) by taking it out of the enhancement system.../sigh

This is why the doom and gloom is warranted Alpha my ass..

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:26am
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:00pm:
Barbarian and max dps sorc weren't released yet. Sure that was Shade?

Shade is the top dps no matter what he plays. Also, he has to make sure non-barbs are nerfed.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:34am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:26am:
Shade is the top dps no matter what he plays. Also, he has to make sure non-barbs are nerfed.

And verify that hjealers can hjeal and buff.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:21pm:
Some classes will only have 2 pre trees to start I got a bad feeling about this...

Seriously!

You know if something doesn't get three by the enh release it's never happening. Why do they suck at this so badly?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 2:37am
Print Post  

Clerics are screwed sigh Sad its the Radient servant b.s. all over again...why I have to love a class that is so abused?

They aren't expecting every one to be a heal bot yet they nurtured the only way to get your spell pen (if you aren't an elf) by taking it out of the enhancement system.../sigh

This is why the doom and gloom is warranted Alpha my ass..

Seriously with the time they wasted on that abortion, they could have spent some developing 4 PRE for each and every class from the current system with a revamped UI as I posted.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:26pm:
That doesn't look like he said the core stuff won't change. It looks like he was answering specific questions regarding UI, multiclass, AP, etc.

I think it's pretty clear that there's no chance that they will change anything beyond:

1. Tweaking some of the enhancements
2. Improving the UI
3. Doing some re-organization of the trees

They're simply too far along to do anything else without scrapping the whole thing.  I suppose the last option gives the most flexibility to address some of the concerns (shoehorning classes into certain roles, gutting multi-classing, etc.).  On the other hand, from what I gather a lot of people are unhappy with the whole tree structure in the first place.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 8:57am:
On the other hand, from what I gather a lot of people are unhappy with the whole tree structure in the first place.

The way it has been implemented...
I'm certain we can implement a tree structure with the enhancements we have right now and I have no problem with it.
( as I showed for Radiant Servant II )

I am still waiting for an answer form MajMal and/or any Dev in the relevant official threads why they couldn't just fit the actual system in the tree form and had to give us that monster.

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2013 at 9:21am by Flav »  

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #11 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 9:20am:
I am still waiting for an answer form MajMal and/or any Dev in the relevant official threads why they couldn't just fit the actual system in the tree form and had to give us that monster.

Here's my wild theory: They're gonna do just that but they are using these fancy new pictures to make us think they are doing something.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 8:57am:
I think it's pretty clear that there's no chance that they will change anything beyond:

1. Tweaking some of the enhancements
2. Improving the UI
3. Doing some re-organization of the trees

They're simply too far along to do anything else without scrapping the whole thing.  I suppose the last option gives the most flexibility to address some of the concerns (shoehorning classes into certain roles, gutting multi-classing, etc.).  On the other hand, from what I gather a lot of people are unhappy with the whole tree structure in the first place.

Well, to be fair they said from the beginning they were going to make it a tree system. We all knew that was happening. But if they tweak enhancements, improve the UI, change AP costs and prereqs, etc., that's still doing a decent amount to address concerns.

Will they scrap things or pull a whole entire PRE for clerics out of thin air? No. That sucks. But it's still better than only changing the appearance.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

fuckinglurkers
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 10:34am
Print Post  

I'm actually happy with the fact that some classes will only have 2 trees.  Since we're going to end up spending 60+ points in one tree by my guess, having the useful abilities split between two trees instead of split between 3 trees means that I get to actually *have* my useful abilities instead of spending 60+ points in one tree and still not getting the stuff I want.

In particular, I'm looking at the Fighter trees.  The two trees there are:
the "everything I actually care about" tree and
the "some shit with shields that I can't even be bothered to read" tree.

Monks and Rangers have to actually make choices.  Fighters get to take everything that's worth taking in the Fighter enhancements.

...Now, the fact that the Stalwart tree is filled with shit if you're not using one bastard sword/DAxe + shield that you never swap ever (and never use a single scroll/wand/whatever) is a problem, but that's a problem of shitty enhancements, not a problem of having too few trees.

Quote:
Clerics are screwed sigh Sad its the Radiant servant b.s. all over again...why I have to love a class that is so abused?

I hate the spellpower coming from spending in the tree, but that's one that I think could be fixed fairly easily. 
1) Make Protection less shitty.
2) Don't touch Healing - that's fine for what it does as long as there are other options that grant Universal spellpower.
3) Add some 3rd tree that has some of the enhancement flavor that Wizards and Sorcs will end up with because the primary difference between Arcanes and Divines should be the spell lists and not the enhancements.
...the fact that Cleric enhancements would be pretty easy to fix doesn't mean that they will be, of course.

In general, I agree with Kalari's assessment.  Just had a few small points to add.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 10:51am
Print Post  
At this point I really don't put much stock in anything they say.  If they say they aren't going to change it, I call bullshit.  They have gone back on their word too many times.  If they say they are, I still call bullshit.  Even IF they have the best intentions, when it comes time to hold a release, the rubber meets the road and they have proven in the past that they will release something half done rather than delay and do it right. 

Only once in the 6 years I've been playing have they waited to get it right.  That was with EU/Mod 9.  They delayed that for over a year.  Which sucked.  But when it was released, the result was FvS (one of my favorite classes and not half baked at inception), possibly the best raid in the game in Tower of Despair, a solid adventure pack in Shavarath, and a well done level cap raise to 20.  And that F2P thing.  Which didn't turn out too badly, considering the alternative. 

The only other significant example of this is Druids.  Which they did delay repeatedly for 5 years.  But still felt rushed out the door in the end.

This enhancement pass is starting to feel more like Druids (or MoTU or Half Elves) than Mod 9.  Still rushed and kinda half-baked in the end.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I wouldn't be against the 2 trees to start if they didn't have a well known track record with finishing stuff they start Sad

The fact that they are willing to release a system that will be yet again unfinished is bad why keep doing this? They said they worked on this for a year I cannot imagine how hard it is doing coding so I won't be a pretentious fuck and act like its easy.

But it doesn't make sense to me to release this in bits and pieces especially when there have been players telling you whats wrong, whats missing and what should have been added.

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:19am
Print Post  
The entire new tree system is a fetid pile of dog shit.  Instead of designing a new UI for the current enhancement system and adding/tweaking PREs and enhancements as needed, they began with a preconceived UI layout (based on mimicing other MMOs that have nowhere near the amount of freedom and diversity DDO does in its enhancement system), and proceeded to completely rebuild, rearrange, tear apart, and in some cases seriously nerf or even destroy the functionality of the current system in order to cram it into that dogshit UI they're drooling over.  Consequences be damned.

Yeah, some new builds will be possible that weren't before.  Whoop-de-fucking-do.  There's still no reason updating the enhancement UI had to mean killing a lot of builds that people have put a lot of time into.  Turbine places no value on player time.  Squeak even admitted on the lamannia forums that they know and accept that they are killing builds.  His actual quote:

Quote:
While you probably will not be able to re-create the build you currently have on live, I know you can make AWESOME builds with this new system. Please take the time to see what you can create with what is currently available. I know you have spent a lot of time building your characters on Live. I would appreciate it if you would take the same care and effort while testing out this new system.

How is it they don't get it that when I spend time building a character, I value that time that was spent and therefore I value the resulting build?  Yes, I'm sure there are other different builds that will be fun and enjoyable, but why should I give a fuck if they're perfectly willing to put all my time to waste now (and presumably again in the future), for no good reason other than some fucktard on the dev team had a hard-on for an incompatible dogshit UI stolen from some other game?
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:22am by Stanley Nicholas »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:19am:
How is it they don't get it that when I spend time building a character, I value that time that was spent and therefore I value the resulting build?  Yes, I'm sure there are other different builds that will be fun and enjoyable, but why should I give a fuck if they're perfectly willing to put all my time to waste now (and presumably again in the future), for no good reason other than some fucktard on the dev team had a hard-on for an incompatible dogshit UI stolen from some other game?

This ENH change screams of somebody's pet-project that was designed by somebody who doesn't play the game but wants this game to look like WOW.  We don't play WOW, we don't want to play WOW.  If we wanted WOW . . . we'd play that fucking game.

Only hope in this not being an NGE is this is Alpha and it's not to late to make changes or further delay the heck out of it.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #18 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Exactly Stanley that shit is ridiculous they know they are killing builds?

Do they not realize that doesn't just mean Flavor of the Month?

It took me 6 years to get my cleric where I enjoyed breaking her out, years of changing out feats, learning what I needed, didnt need ignoring others who called me crazy till they seen the results and fucking a she is going to be changed big time.

The amount of effort I had to put into rebuilding her on Lama and still not as affective as I am on live shows me that I am going to have to either multiclass her something I really wanted to refrain from doing or just shelve her because they really don't give a fuck  Angry

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 9:20am:

As I'm a bit on the persistent side, and as I had time to kill at work today, here is the the result :

This is only a draft of the Live Cleric Enhancements in a Tree Form... I'd call it Radiant Servant Tree as almost everything is centered around Radiant Servant.

The only two changes compared to live are the following :
Prayer of Smiting requires Smiting
Prayer of Life requires Life Magic
Radiant Servant II requires Charisma 2 instead of One of Charisma 2, Deitiy Specific Stuff.

All the other Cleric Speciific Enhancements are unchanged.

Divine X is one of Divine Healing, Divine Cleansing, Divine Vitality, Divine Might, Divine Light

I left out of the tree : the Deity Specific Stuff and the Skill Stuff.

It needs some refinement as I haven't taken into account the level requirements and the points spent to place the boxes.

I'll try to do something more refined tomorrow.

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:56am:
As I'm a bit on the persistent side, and as I had time to kill at work today, here is the the result :
http://i75.servimg.com/u/f75/11/71/69/26/dsc_0018.jpg

This is only a draft of the Live Cleric Enhancements in a Tree Form... I'd call it Radiant Servant Tree as almost everything is centered around Radiant Servant.

The only two changes compared to live are the following :
Prayer of Smiting requires Smiting
Prayer of Life requires Life Magic
Radiant Servant II requires Charisma 2 instead of One of Charisma 2, Deitiy Specific Stuff.

All the other Cleric Speciific Enhancements are unchanged.

Divine X is one of Divine Healing, Divine Cleansing, Divine Vitality, Divine Might, Divine Light

I left out of the tree : the Deity Specific Stuff and the Skill Stuff.

It needs some refinement as I haven't taken into account the level requirements and the points spent to place the boxes.

I'll try to do something more refined tomorrow.

You are clearly more competent than any current member of the dev team.  You managed to do in one day what they couldn't even do in one year, so they had to rip off an incompatible UI from another MMO instead.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #21 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:09am:
You are clearly more competent than any current member of the dev team.  You managed to do in 30 minutes while being bored at work what they couldn't even do in one year, so they had to rip off an incompatible UI from another MMO instead.

Sorry I had to fix it.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #22 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Flav normally I am against outsourcing but if they had to do that to hire you on and fix this mess Id be all for it! HIRE FLAV NOW PLEASE!

IP Logged

CD
Korthos Resident

I *am* CD

Reply #23 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
.......why I have to love a class that is so abused?...

You'll take your abuse - and like it!

Tongue
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:07pm by CD »  

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #24 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
lol CD its not the fun kind and mean ole Turbine wont give the safe word  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint