Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Vargouille's actual words (Read 18849 times)
Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Re: Vargouille's actual words
Reply #25 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Anyone had a chance to see if there were any changes to Cleric on lammy at this time?  And what does FvS look like?

I still can't get on the damn server over there.  But I'd like to know what's up past going spelunking in multiple threads.  Time is limited today.

IP Logged

Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
No changes to Llama just yet.  Tomorrow they are opening up access to more class enhancements, including FvS.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #27 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Stanley Nicholas wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 9:54pm:
No changes to Llama just yet.  Tomorrow they are opening up access to more class enhancements, including FvS.

Thank you Smiley

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #28 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:27am:
Only hope in this not being an NGE is this is Alpha and it's not to late to make changes or further delay the heck out of it.

what you see now is what you are gonna get when it goes live. they may tweak a few things like cost, but not much else.

calling it "alpha" testing is a bunch of bullshit.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #29 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 2:35am
Print Post  
pape wrote on Apr 17th, 2013 at 10:22pm:
what you see now is what you are gonna get when it goes live. they may tweak a few things like cost, but not much else.

calling it "alpha" testing is a bunch of bullshit.

Yup, it's more like Gamma testing...

Or : look at the rage and tweak bits here and there so that it looks like we are answering to the rage.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #30 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:30am
Print Post  
I don't think they will change much other than AP costs, they are mind fucking us by boosting the AP costs so the "reasonable" people are happy when they then lower it thereby getting them to accept their nerfing and other BS going on.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:31am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #31 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:30am:
I don't think they will change much other than AP costs, they are mind fucking us by boosting the AP costs so the "reasonable" people are happy when they then lower it thereby getting them to accept their nerfing and other BS going on.

Well I've proved for the cleric that it's not really a nerf if you're already a healbot... and in some case it's even an improvement...
But if you went the melee way or *gasps* the Spellcaster way as a Cleric it's a huge nerf.
( and not going into the we are going to give you 3 complete PRE with the revamp... right now for the Cleric they are giving us a semi shitty one, a totally turdish one, and nothing. )
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:59am by Flav »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:30am:

Starting off with high costs and then reducing them is much better than the other way around.  Requiring Tier 5 to only require 30 AP spent is a good start.

I don't expect the actual abilities to change though.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #33 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 9:38am
Print Post  
I compared the current cleric enhancements to the new new trees and found the following, with regard to the presence of the existing items, in some form.

Cleric Charisma                  Covered                                                                        
Cleric Divine Cleansing            Covered                                                      
Cleric Divine Healing            Covered                                                
Cleric Divine Light                  Covered                                                      
Cleric Divine Might            MISSING
Cleric Divine Vitality            Covered                                                
Cleric Extra Turning            Covered                                          
Cleric Improved Turning            Covered                                                
Cleric Wisdom                  Covered                                                
Follower of the Lord of Blades            MISSING                                                                        
Silver Flame                              MISSING                                                      
Sovereign Host                        Covered                                                            
Undying Court                        MISSING                                                            
Vulkoor                              MISSING                                                            
Cleric Energy of the Zealot            MISSING                              
Cleric Improved Spell Penetration      MISSING                                          
Cleric Prayer of Incredible Smiting      MISSING                                                
Cleric Prayer of Smiting                  MISSING                                                
Cleric Smiting                        Kinda Covered                              
Cleric Wand and Scroll Mastery      Covered                                                
Cleric Improved Empower Healing      Covered                                                      
Cleric Life Magic                        Covered                                    
Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life            Covered                                          
Cleric Prayer of Life                  Covered                                    
Cleric Radiant Servant                  Covered                              
Cleric Divine Intervention               Covered

It seems to me like they could really help the cleric tree by adding back in 4-5 items that are missing.  Most notably:

Divine Might         (and no replacements for melee damage boosts at all)
Energy of the Zealot (how do they have no sp boosts)
Smiting Lines (again.  An unforgivable oversight.  Would they think of dropping the elemental damage lines from arcanes?)
Spell Pen Enhancements (Again.  An unforgivable miss.  I'll bet money they wouldn't drop it from the arcanes)

The addition of some class HP enhancements is nice.  The addition of the efficient metamagics is nice.  None of it outweighs these losses though.

I don't think the loss of the SF exorcism, Vulkoor champion, or the LoB Transformation are terrible.  Kinda bad from a flavor perspective, but all in all kinda meh. 

If they can work these 4 things in, at least they won't be taking anything that exists today off the table.  It's still a shit sandwich, but at least you have the bread.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Apr 20th, 2013 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Manage to snag yesterdays? Was (and still am) stuck at work.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #35 - Apr 20th, 2013 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Well FvS got fucked up too with the Protection Tree... So all the Divines are shafted...
Except Druids, they have a Wolf-Bear tree and a spellcaster tree, but that's probably because they made them while making the class last year.

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #36 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
The tree system looks a lot like Kingdoms of Amalur, did Curt Schillings people get a new gig?

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #37 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
I looked at the protector tree and my first thought was how stupid some of the stuff is.

you get trapfinding feat but not disabling skill from one ability wheeeeeeeee so much  use in that.......I can find traps with my face already.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #38 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
also fhey nerfed reaving roar Sad this is why we can't have nice things.

(live=13d6 sonic dmg from roar, lamma tier 1/2/3=5/7/9d6)

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #39 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Paraphrased: We're still not releasing all prestige enhancements and we won't say when we will, if ever. You won't like it all, and we don't care. You'll all have to move to it, like it or not.

We get a shitty new interface and still not all prestige enhancements after all these years. Are they fucking kidding?

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #40 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
And you still can’t access the fucking racial PrEs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint