Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Turbine Forum FuckUp Tomorrow (Read 18906 times)
Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine Forum FuckUp Tomorrow
Reply #50 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Apr 21st, 2013 at 1:24am:
yet again, someone who says "because there are idiots in the world, might as well treat them all as idiots".  There are people who don't wear seatbelts so lets removemake them from all ride in the same cars...

FTFY Smiley

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #51 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 2:36am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Apr 21st, 2013 at 12:43pm:
You think you know shit because what, you admined a vB board? Right.

You are making guesses; I worked with the product for a large company.

I knew exactly how it brokered the security and how easy it is to fuck things up with a simple typo or someone injecting a plugin to plant a base64 sql query (still common in 2012).
I'm no Turbine fan, but you don't know how their system is set up and neither does anyone else. They got caught with their pants down before from not securing vB and they have corporate oversight from WB so they hopefully are doing it better this time.

Saying WB oversite is good since they are a large corporation is like saying Sony oversite is good (I hope you heard how they got hacked - more than once). 
BTW - How long was the downtime extended to support the billing system switch over? Yeah, I thought so. I guess they didn't get any oversite from WB on that fiasco either?

There's certainly reason to be concerned, but what bugs me is:
A) You weren't really any more secure with separate forum accounts.
B) People like Memnir are having a mental breakdown about it and it's not that important.

A) You are an idiot to believe that. One of the basic rules to prevent theft is to separate your social sites from your business sites.
B) He will just post more funny pics to alleviate the strain.

You can continue to play chicken with your credit rating or take minor steps to help protect it.  Nothing is fullproof, but that doesn't mean you should act totally ignorant.

http://www.protectyouridnow.org/
Quote:
It is tempting to use the same password across several sites; however to get the most protection available, you should use different passwords on each site and change your passwords periodically. 

The forums are just a social networking site and have no reason to be tied to an account that has access to your credit card information.  The game has a store in it and at least somewhat of a reason to have a reason to connect to a billing site.

PS Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #52 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Grin

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #53 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
I <3 you Dark Helmet I swear sometimes I think we should get together and make an evil brood  Wink

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #54 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Kalari, I guess I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.  Wink

Dark_Helmet wrote on Apr 24th, 2013 at 2:36am:
PS Hi Welcome

In other news, I wanted to see how fast the ban on Hi Welcome would hit with a joke to Mem.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=415707

It seems I only got hit for a couple of thousand negative rep points and not an actual lock / infraction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint