Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Binding Khyber Dragonshard Fragments (Read 6112 times)
Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Binding Khyber Dragonshard Fragments
Apr 24th, 2013 at 3:29am
Print Post  
I am confused on this issue and could use a hand.

The scenario:  My main is doing an arti life via the Jugg build.  Always been a twf human/helf/elf, so gear is limited.  Thinking I'm going to use him as a chest puller etc for our guild's EE skirmishes.  Cannith Crafting is about useless atm (just hit level 18). 

To get through the 20-23 level range, I'm going to need something that does a little damage.  I decided I'd go with an alchemical weapon and cross my fingers in VON.  Still short a shard to make an ESOS for him, and we all have seen the horribad drop rates.

Anyway, I've got this alchemical weapon and found out that I am short Binding Khyber Dragonshard Fragments.  Have enough refined/exquisite to use.  Short 46 tier one shards.

So I ran in a pug this am doing Master Artificer/LOB.  Both runs gave Refined Frags only.  Difficulty was norm.

My question:

What difficulty do I need to run to get tier one binding frags?  Wiki is confusing at best on the issue.  And everyone I've spoken with says different things.  I'm trying to avoid wasting time getting the wrong kind of binding shards.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Re: Binding Khyber Dragonshard Fragments
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Heroic normal.

IP Logged

Turkantho
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 5:25am
Print Post  
LoB/MA loot is all kinds of feather_of_sun'ed since u14

LoB:
en= tier3 spirits and tier2 fragments
eh/ee= tier1&2 spirits and tier3 fragments
so no point whatsoever to run ee other than 'hey i ran eelob'
hn= tier1&2 spirits and fragments primarily tier1
hh= tier2 spirits and fragments
he= only ever ran it once and dont remember tbh, prolly same as hh

MA should be the same as LoB for fragments, no spirits ofc but alchem base weapons
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2013 at 5:27am by »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:23am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Apr 24th, 2013 at 3:54am:
Heroic normal.

Heroic normal is pretty funny now with Epic Destinies.  I went in and was assigned to be dog kiter recently (first time I've run LoB in over a year, I think).  Another member of my guild was assigned to be the backup kiter.

I hadn't finished typing out, "Hey, you took aggro from me!" when both dogs were dead.

I spent the rest of the raid taking the LoB aggro every time he landed so that the tank would have a convenient place to stand and build up aggro while I shield blocked with my lootgen Thaum quarterstaff.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the responses, it's appreciated.

Now the hard part - finding any end gamers who would take the walk of shame into heroic normal on their destiny capped lvl 25 characters.

This is definitely going to give me a headache.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
I think you would be surprised.  The Alchem Handwraps are still a great monk item.  Some end gamers use them instead of EE Ivys or Grave Wraps or Antipode.  TR'ing is still popular.  People want level 18-22 gear for their toons. 

And, as mentioned, it's a cake walk and wouldn't take that much time.  You could throw up an LFM and roll when you get 6 or more.  No need to fill. 

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Most people on Sarlona I think used to run HN/HH MA for T1/T2 shards, and EH LOB for T3 shards and T1/T2 spirits. I say used to because it pretty much doesn't get run at all anymore.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 24th, 2013 at 5:17pm:
I think you would be surprised.  The Alchem Handwraps are still a great monk item.  Some end gamers use them instead of EE Ivys or Grave Wraps or Antipode.  TR'ing is still popular.  People want level 18-22 gear for their toons. 

And, as mentioned, it's a cake walk and wouldn't take that much time.  You could throw up an LFM and roll when you get 6 or more.  No need to fill.

Hell, I want an Epic Air/Air/Air rapier for my Kensai.  Stunning +10, 6% Doublestrike, and the Electrical Storm proc are all nice on an offhand weapon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint