Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is this more than usual? (Read 32897 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Is this more than usual?
Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:42am
Print Post  
I am not currently playing, but I seem to notice that Turbine is really struggling lately. Is this just my perception, or do other people feel that the game is having a shitload of problems currently? The billing issues, log in issues, and various other problems.

What do you think?

If I were able to post this on the other forums I am guessing the response would be "Reinstall Windows" and then the thread would get cubed because I made someone feel bad about being ineffective at their job.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:43am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Re: Is this more than usual?
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:44am
Print Post  
What the heck do folks expect when a company that was already quality poor fires a bunch of folks then adds new projects thereby further diluting their already hamstrung development force?

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:44am:
What the heck do folks expect when a company that was already quality poor fires a bunch of folks then adds new projects thereby further diluting their already hamstrung development force?

I am going to pencil you into the "Sees more problems with the game" column.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:50am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:45am:
I am going to pencil you into the "Sees more problems with the game" column.

Good thinkin'!

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:50am
Print Post  
I agree with you.  Too many fanoi pussies over there getting people infracted when they tell the truth, or the mods cubing them when they know that others might start opening their eyes to see just how bad it is getting.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:55am
Print Post  
buckeye wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:50am:
I agree with you.  Too many fanoi pussies over there getting people infracted when they tell the truth, or the mods cubing them when they know that others might start opening their eyes to see just how bad it is getting.

I am going to pencil you into the "Missed the point of the thread, went right to the sarcasm" column.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:57am
Print Post  
damn it

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:58am
Print Post  
buckeye wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:50am:

Somebody over there posted "the fanbois are just terrible people" without specifically mentioning anyone by name or quoting a fanboi . . . that post got infracted.

It's a bunch of little shit, I can't say it's worse than before or not because this game's been in a constant state of broken since MoTU.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #8 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:00am
Print Post  
I can honestly say that considering the stuff I get from their PR people Turbine really doesn't have DDO on high priority in my opinion.  Most of the feeds I get are for LOTRO I have taken to having to really dig for any DDO worthy news or stick to opinions and my boss may get tired of me ranting about the bad Sad

I dunno what the heck they are doing im only a press monger but from what I can see they are fucking up big time and not sure if its just a series of unfortunate events or if they really have stopped giving a fuck.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Well, half the reason I left the game was that the ongoing bugs and issues had reached a point where they impacted my personal enjoyment of game play.  We have issues that date back years without a fix.  The Producers have promised multiple times an increased focus on "quality of life" issues and never delivered.  Eventually, these things reach a critical mass.  Top that off with game play changes that alienated a large portion of their end game meta gamer type players, constant nerfs, a plethora of poorly implemented, unfinished or abandoned systems, a focus on systems that generate store revenue rather than good game play... 

From what I understand from former guildies, epic GH was so easy and the gear so easy to acquire that people have already completely consumed the content and are bored again.  The old system wasn't perfect but it kept people engaged in the content longer now just buy a bunch of bypasses and farm your crap in week one then...
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:07am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:00am:
I can honestly say that considering the stuff I get from their PR people Turbine really doesn't have DDO on high priority in my opinion.  Most of the feeds I get are for LOTRO I have taken to having to really dig for any DDO worthy news or stick to opinions and my boss may get tired of me ranting about the bad Sad

I dunno what the heck they are doing im only a press monger but from what I can see they are fucking up big time and not sure if its just a series of unfortunate events or if they really have stopped giving a fuck.

Penciled you into the "Drools over the picture of stainer in bibs column".

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #11 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:04am:
Well, half the reason I left the game was that the ongoing bugs and issues had reached a point where they impacted my personal enjoyment of game play.  We have issues that date back years without a fix.  The Producers have promised multiple times an increased focus on "quality of life" issues and never delivered.  Eventually, these things reach a critical mass.  Top that off with game play changes that alienated a large portion of their end game meta gamer type players, constant nerfs, a plethora of poorly implemented, unfinished or abandoned systems, a focus on systems that generate store revenue rather than good game play... 

From what I understand from former guildies, epic GH was so easy and the gear so easy to acquire that people have already completely consumed the content and are bored again.  The old system wasn't perfect but it kept people engaged in the content longer now just buy a bunch of bypasses and farm your crap in week one then...

Penciled you into the "Will PM Siss on FB to punch you later" column.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:11am
Print Post  
There seems to be a direct relationship between their attitude of "we know what we're doing and you don't" and the increasing ineptitude in producing a quality product.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:11am:
There seems to be a direct relationship between their attitude of "we know what we're doing and you don't" and the increasing ineptitude in producing a quality product.

Putting you in the "Contrary to popular belief, FoS is not really good at his job" column.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Forum moderation that lacks consistency, and/or guidance. Lack of communication with the players. Changes to the game that fundamentally change players goals. New lootgen that makes hard earned named loot mediocre.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
I don't realize how fucking awful DDO is until I play another game.  Then I log in to run a raid and I can't move.  Then I try to log into another character, but that character is in Eveningstar and the lag is so crippling, it won't even let me log in.  Of course no dev or anyone else is making mention of these issues, it's just business at usual and if they ignore us, we'll just go away.  Which is true, I did go away.  I took my money to other games.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't realize how fucking awful DDO is until I play another game.  Then I log in to run a raid and I can't move.  Then I try to log into another character, but that character is in Eveningstar and the lag is so crippling, it won't even let me log in.  Of course no dev or anyone else is making mention of these issues, it's just business at usual and if they ignore us, we'll just go away.  Which is true, I did go away.  I took my money to other games.

I already had you penciled into the "She is a dirty girl" column. Adding you to the "Will punch a dev someday" column.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Bill Z Bubb wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:11am:

These words and:

- No follow through
- Failure to manage Scope Creep

I think I'm in the "more problems" column, but defer to Stainer's experienced judgement.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:44am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:08am:
Penciled you into the "Drools over the picture of stainer in bibs column".

Just add a kick ass sword and id be in total drool territory :p

IP Logged

hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:48am
Print Post  
There certainly seems to be more people being more vocal about more issues.  I can't wait for the enhancements pass.  It's going to be a gong show!  That said, so far the only thing that has impacted me is "Protect Baudry's Intrests" chain being closed, as I just TRd.

IP Logged

sadface
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:49am
Print Post  
half baked.

half functional.

half finished.

feather still has a job.

new billing system might charge you 100 or more times.

enhancement pass adds what 2 new trees, the rest get broken.

i vote for struggling

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:44am:
Just add a kick ass sword and id be in total drool territory :p

psssst... Under the bibs.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Why is Grace talking about me and my rabbits?

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Undecidedstainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:49am:
psssst... Under the bibs.

*swoons*

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Yes, it is worse.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint