Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is this more than usual? (Read 32926 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Is this more than usual?
Reply #25 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, it is worse.

You are in the "Kills with thumbs" column.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #26 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Do you think that someday a higher up is going to say "Hey Jerry we really need to get a carrot out there to make up for all the in game issues. Post up a xp bonus days thread to quite them down." and Jerry will respond with "Why don't you just fix the fucking game?"
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Except for the part where Turbine reaches into people's bank accounts and steal all of their money so that they can't buy food or pay their rent, it seems about the same to me.

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:04am:
Re: Is this more than usual? Mark & Quote Quote
Well, half the reason I left the game was that the ongoing bugs and issues had reached a point where they impacted my personal enjoyment of game play.  We have issues that date back years without a fix.  The Producers have promised multiple times an increased focus on "quality of life" issues and never delivered.  Eventually, these things reach a critical mass.  Top that off with game play changes that alienated a large portion of their end game meta gamer type players, constant nerfs, a plethora of poorly implemented, unfinished or abandoned systems, a focus on systems that generate store revenue rather than good game play...

All of this.  I started noticing it and posting about it ca. Update 10 - which is coincidentally when I started hating Tuhrd and teh-meh because their lack of observational skills led them to the "reinstall windows" shit in the OP.

So - yes.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #29 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:04am:
  From what I understand from former guildies, epic GH was so easy and the gear so easy to acquire that people have already completely consumed the content and are bored again.  The old system wasn't perfect but it kept people engaged in the content longer now just buy a bunch of bypasses and farm your crap in week one then...

Yeah, we're back to TR'ing again for the most part.  There are still a few "mental" people who are trying to get character number eleventy fully geared up, but the mid update blues are starting to hit again.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #30 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
Do you think that someday a higher up is going to say "Hey Jerry we really need to get a carrot out there to make up for all the in game issues. Post up a xp bonus days thread to quite them down." and Jerry will respond with "Why don't you just fix the fucking game?"

Probably not, because I assume he enjoys receiving a paycheck.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:

When I talked to Jerry and the other guy whose name I didn't care about at PAX, I got the impression that they don't believe the game can be fixed.  They just want to muddle through as best they can because actually fixing the game for real is too ambitious.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Kalari wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:31pm:
*swoons*

FYI, stainer and I come as a matched set.  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:17pm:
the other guy whose name I didn't care about

Gazebo!  That guy was a fucking grade-A mouthbreather.  He was so fucking proud of himself for adding ED's to the help tickets that you can access past level 20.  That's not an accomplishment you fucking assface.

I have heard from people who've gone to PAX every year who have discussed all of the fucking issues that we bring up TIME AFTER TIME.  They say, "We know and we'll do better!"  And it never fucking happens.  They just offer platitudes to get us to stfu.  We have been asking since before Vast and Mysterious to have more customer-facing communication.  Tell us you know it's fucking feather_of_sun'ed and you're doing something about it!  Majmal and his updates were amazing, but one person can only do so much.  If you're not getting the support that you need from production and management, it's not enough.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:32pm by »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Gazebo!  That guy was a fucking grade-A mouthbreather.  He was so fucking proud of himself for adding ED's to the help tickets that you can access past level 20.  That's not an accomplishment you fucking assface.

I have heard from people who've gone to PAX every year who have discussed all of the fucking issues that we bring up TIME AFTER TIME.  They say, "We know and we'll do better!"  And it never fucking happens.  They just offer platitudes to get us to stfu.  We have been asking since before Vast and Mysterious to have more customer-facing communication.  Tell us you know it's fucking feather_of_sun'ed and you're doing something about it!  Majmal and his updates were amazing, but one person can only do so much.  If you're not getting the support that you need from production and management, it's not enough.

Yep.

Gazebo especially kept going on about how they're a small development house and that actually following best practices was more work than such a small group was capable of.  I felt like I was talking to my 7 year old when he's whining about how hard his spelling homework is.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #35 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:40pm:
Yep.

Gazebo especially kept going on about how they're a small development house and that actually following best practices was more work than such a small group was capable of.  I felt like I was talking to my 7 year old when he's whining about how hard his spelling homework is.

I overheard him talking to two fanbois and going on about how the community was a bunch of whiners and didn't really care about the game.  He was going on about how the shard AH was the best thing since sliced bread and how the posters who 'cared' about how people got their gear were full of it.  I made a conscious choice to avoid him at that point so I wouldn't end up being tossed out.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Although he did shit talk Daemoneyes which made me like him a little. Until he said that he asks Nexx to go out in the forums and collect bug info for him.  Did Nexx dump Blank and Wizzly for Gazebo?

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Honestly? The rate seems the same, but the attitude of taking just that one more bite before they're done chewing the last one seems to have grown.

Props for ambition and all, but it really does seem that they still haven't gotten it through their heads that finishing what you start means an easier time of it later.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #38 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Honestly? The rate seems the same, but the attitude of taking just that one more bite before they're done chewing the last one seems to have grown.

That sounds about right, the level of broken really isn't any different.  Things just aren't getting better.  new bugs replace old on a 1 for 1.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #39 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Although he did shit talk Daemoneyes which made me like him a little. Until he said that he asks Nexx to go out in the forums and collect bug info for him.  Did Nexx dump Blank and Wizzly for Gazebo?

lol

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #40 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Finally the good fucking PAX stories come out.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #41 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
FYI, stainer and I come as a matched set.  Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

double the fun for  me woo!  Kiss

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #42 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:17pm:
Finally the good fucking PAX stories come out.

I could have sworn we discussed this all before.  Does Gawna need to call Jody and make sure you are taking your meds?

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #43 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:22pm:
I could have sworn we discussed this all before.  Does Gawna need to call Jody and make sure you are taking your meds?

Sometimes after a long weekend I just hit "mark all read" and pretend they never happened.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 1:47pm:
I overheard him talking to two fanbois and going on about how the community was a bunch of whiners and didn't really care about the game.  He was going on about how the shard AH was the best thing since sliced bread and how the posters who 'cared' about how people got their gear were full of it.  I made a conscious choice to avoid him at that point so I wouldn't end up being tossed out.

Gazebo was crowing about the shard AH when I was talking to him, too.  I asked why they created Astral Shards instead of just setting up a TP auction house directly and Jerry said that it would have been too blatant and that there would have been too much outrage if they just made it a direct TP auction house.  It was actually nice to hear him actually just come out and say that in a straightforward way instead of trying to hide it.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Also, the next time I go to PAX, I'm going to wear a large sign saying

Pope Jubal
ddovault

Even at the Turbine party.  Especially at the Turbine party.  I met some Vaulties at the event, but it turns out I missed a bunch of you, too.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #46 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:44pm:
  I met some Vaulties at the event, but it turns out I missed a bunch of you, too.

You were there?

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #47 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:52pm
Print Post  

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:44pm:
Also, the next time I go to PAX, I'm going to wear a large sign saying

Pope Jubal
ddovault

Even at the Turbine party.  Especially at the Turbine party.  I met some Vaulties at the event, but it turns out I missed a bunch of you, too.

Who got missed?  The only one I know of is Nancypdoyle.  I am so bummed.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:52pm:
You were there?

Yep.  I was standing near the bar, next to where Jerry and Gazebo were at the beginning of the evening.

And was Nexx actually there in person?  Or just Gazebo mentioning that he knew her from the forums?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint