Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is this more than usual? (Read 32918 times)
NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Re: Is this more than usual?
Reply #50 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I might also just be bad at counting.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Nonono, Gazebo was just talking about her.  Grace said, "We've had different experiences with Nexx..." and Gazebo went white knight retarded and was all NEXX IS AWESOME AND A SPECIAL FUCKING SNOWFLAKE AND FINDS INFO FOR ME(#*$_#)($@+)#$

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #52 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
All this really makes me need to go to PAX next year specially since i'll be able to go with a press pass Smiley I'll have to get my Vault ho t-shirt made to Smiley

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #53 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
the game is getting worse. the community relations are shit, there is for all intent and purposes no quality assurance, and they feathered all the gear, and the Producer is a big fat liar. quality of life patches my ass.

makes me wonder how bad the enhancement pass will break the game it when it happens.

love the game, but just based on the limited forum interactions I had with them, the people who work for turbine are mostly 'tards.

excepting the Maj and maybe 1 or 2 others.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:30pm by pape »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #54 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
BTW, Gazebo looked like he was just old enough to get his first pube.  Perfect prey for the black widow, Nexx...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #55 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Here's the thing:

On one hand, DDO is still fun to play.  I have a nice Alienware system that is very recent (Merry Christmas to me!).  I occasionally have lag, but rarely.  Just in FoT or CiTW at a couple points.  Interestingly, I also still lag right after part 1 of Shroud when running up the steps to the chest.  No idea why that is.  It's been there for about 5 years now.  (Not that I give a shit.  Nothing is going on.  Just delays looting for 2 seconds).  So lag is rarely impacting my game experience. 

The gear is easier to get.  I like this.  98% of the player base likes this.  I can see that the 40+ hour a week end game, power gamer crowd will be bored already.  Especially the ones that broke out the raid timers to overgrind the raid.  I find it hard to be sympathetic to someone who blew through 15-20 raid timers in two weeks and is now bored because they have all the raid loot, though.  Honestly, you are your own worst enemy.  Self control and patience are virtues.  Also, if you play DDO 10-12 hours per day, you should expect to run out of things to do.  You are, contrary to your own belief, not their target audience from a development standpoint. 

Side note:  Gear grind is such a catch 22 - make it hard enough to keep the full-timers busy and you have placed it out of reach of 98% of the player base.  Make it more appropriate for the majority of your player base and you full-timers will get bored and move on.  Striking the right balance is very challenging.  Much more so than the players would make it seem.  They act like a monkey could program an appropriate level of gear grind.

The eGH quests and most of MoTU and High Road are fun.  I enjoy the content, for the most part. 

I know many folks get real worked up about some things that don't really get under my skin all that much.  The bugs that they have don't bother me too much.  I find that 99% of the game works as intended and can generally avoid the stuff that doesn't.  Nerfs don't bother me.  I've seen too many to think it is not going to happen at some point and understand that in an MMO things change.  Wanting it to be frozen in time won't make it so. 

The combat system is still one of the best.

The flexibility of character creation and building is still amazing to me.

It is still D&D enough to give me my D&D fix.  Which is why I started.  And why I keep playing. 

All that said, the other side is that Turbine is not doing a very good job as a provider of services.  I do not like their poor/lack of communication.  I do not like the attitudes of some of their team.  I do not like the DDO Store and the ability to buy TP to trade for items or to buy mana pots.  (Yes, I am OK with XP pots and Otto's boxes, and even tomes for that matter.)  I do not like their decided lack of focus on customer service.  Both for in game issues and account issues.  Their handling of the forums is, likewise, awful.  The failure to finish PrE's, ED's, myDDO, and many other things is disappointing and embarrassing.  The recent billing debacle is horrifying. 

I am not a fan of Turbine.

But I am still a fan of DDO.  DDO is still a great game.  Despite Turbine's seeming determination to destroy it.

Put me in that category.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:04am:
The Producers have promised multiple times an increased focus on "quality of life" issues and never delivered. 

They did do quality of life fixes.  See those extra boxes in kobold ringleader?  Also, druid nature's warden bane damage no longer multi procs on magic missile.

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #57 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 2:42pm:
I asked why they created Astral Shards instead of just setting up a TP auction house directly and Jerry said that it would have been too blatant and that there would have been too much outrage if they just made it a direct TP auction house.

This is complete BS.  They created shards for more control.  If the alternate AH used TP as currency then you could buy anything sold for TP just by using the AH.  With shards, you can only buy what they decide to sell for shards - currently very little.  You will still need to purchase TP (or grind for it) for everything else (just about everything worth a damn).

If this wasn't the case then you would be able to turn in shards for TP, but that will never happen.  Buying shards is a one-way street.

The cake is a lie.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
When has DDO not struggled?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #59 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 6:50pm:

Agreed.  It has always been a case of Turbine having a great license/IP and source material to work with and doing everything in their power to screw it up.  They've done just enough right (Combat, builds, grouping, etc) to keep people playing, but never enough to have it really soar.  Except for brief periods.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #60 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:56pm
Print Post  

Immediately after the F2P release for about 5 min.  Then they opened the servers.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #61 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
DDO=best game I have ever played, and only game I have played for 3-4 years straight (no breaks).

Turbine=lol what is QA?

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #62 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:52am
Print Post  

When it was still in the box. On store shelves. And no one was playing it.

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

neotheny
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:10am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:50pm:
Do you think that someday a higher up is going to say "Hey Jerry we really need to get a carrot out there to make up for all the in game issues. Post up a xp bonus days thread to quite them down." and Jerry will respond with "Why don't you just fix the fucking game?"

i'm pretty sure it will look like this soon. notice, no trademark bulshit. really soon!
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:11am by neotheny »  

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 10:20am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 12:37pm:
You are in the "Kills with thumbs" column.

I thought I would be in the "Actually answered the question" column.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #65 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 5:31am
Print Post  
It's more than usual.

It feels to me like they've made a conscious decision to change direction.  They've gone from at least attempting to walk a line between the game "remaining DnD-like" and "being an MMO", to "deeply resenting the millstone around their collective neck that is the DnD franchise and ignoring it as much as possible in the hopes of attracting more 'mainstream' MMO players". 

Naturally they can't tell us that, so communication with staff - never great at the best of times - is hampered by all the things they can't say, and the underlying systems are creaking as the devs attempt to slowly convert a game engine originally designed to be a swiss-army knife for character creation into a rubber hammer.

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 11:29am
Print Post  
If this losing collectable bag from the reincarnation cache bug on lam makes it live it will be definitely worse that usual.

Reproduced on 2 different toons on separate accounts. Tried to bug report it, but the bug report tool didn't work, I thought it had been fixed.

IP Logged

GreyMouser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 11:36am
Print Post  
neotheny wrote on Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:10am:
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/247252416_yh9rW-L-2.jpg

i'm pretty sure it will look like this soon. notice, no trademark bulshit. really soon!

Knowing Kate...this is still funny.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #68 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Apr 27th, 2013 at 11:36am:

Their other DDO comic...

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #69 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 12:04am
Print Post  
GreyMouser wrote on Apr 27th, 2013 at 11:36am:

Kate was the ABSOLUTE LAST person that should have demonstrated Monks at one of the press events that happened right before they came out.

She was absolutely CLUELESS. Thank God she's at LotRO.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2013 at 12:04am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #70 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:42am:
I am not currently playing, but I seem to notice that Turbine is really struggling lately. Is this just my perception, or do other people feel that the game is having a shitload of problems currently? The billing issues, log in issues, and various other problems.

What do you think?

If I were able to post this on the other forums I am guessing the response would be "Reinstall Windows" and then the thread would get cubed because I made someone feel bad about being ineffective at their job.

Turbine is having way too many problems.  I am beginning to think it is feeding down to the worker bees and the worker bees are becoming discontent.

When Turbine was bought by Time Warner many dreamed of their career moves from Turbine to TW.  Now, Turbine is viewed as a bunghole place to be.  Add to the fact that TW is not really helping Turbine out and causing some of the problems makes it a little more aggravating.

Player support is nearing rock bottom.
The quality of work is decreasing.
The player base is decreasing.
The income is decreasing.

When you have that happening, it usually leads to one conclusion, the City of Heroes outcome.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #71 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:04am:
From what I understand from former guildies, epic GH was so easy and the gear so easy to acquire that people have already completely consumed the content and are bored again.  The old system wasn't perfect but it kept people engaged in the content longer now just buy a bunch of bypasses and farm your crap in week one then...

this is the biggest problem on non khyber servers. Turbine needs to leak a good exploit to get the game back on track and keep the player base passive. No good exploits no reason to play.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #72 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Apr 28th, 2013 at 12:53pm:

How do you know the player base and income are decreasing?  I've not seen any published or internal reports on this.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #73 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 28th, 2013 at 9:26pm:
I've not seen any published or internal reports on this.

I doubt we would see those, but I would like to know where he got that info too. If he is reading into the layoffs, those can be explained by other things. So I am not saying there is a decrease in the player base, but I haven't seen concrete evidence of it.

I would think there could be a decrease in spending based on some of the new products introduced. That is a guess at best though.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #74 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 9:57am
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on Apr 28th, 2013 at 12:53pm:
Turbine is having way too many problems.  I am beginning to think it is feeding down to the worker bees and the worker bees are becoming discontent.

When Turbine was bought by Time Warner many dreamed of their career moves from Turbine to TW.  Now, Turbine is viewed as a bunghole place to be.  Add to the fact that TW is not really helping Turbine out and causing some of the problems makes it a little more aggravating.

Player support is nearing rock bottom.
The quality of work is decreasing.

When you have that happening, it usually leads to one conclusion, the City of Heroes outcome.

Bullshit.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint