Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO (Read 26404 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: DDO
Reply #100 - May 6th, 2013 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on May 5th, 2013 at 8:37pm:
This isn't really a valid point, in comparison to DDO. People cap TR2's in a week.

No.  It kind of is valid.  The people who cap 2TR's in a week are not people who just started playing the game in the last 7 days. 

The 2TR in a week people have serious twink gear, knowledge of which quests to grind xp on, know exactly what to do in the quest to get the objective done in a fraction of the time, very very rarely die, have stacks of supplies at the ready, and hardly break to level and re-gear.  Many are using store based boosts (XP pots, learning tomes, Otto's boxes, etc).

If you can level to cap in a brand new game in your first week playing, that is a bit too fast.  Because you probably ran a bunch of quests you didn't need to and spent time trying to find things and figure stuff out in the quest.  And your leveling and gearing and supplies were not up to par.

All that said, NWO is a fun game.  The challenge is a bit weak, the customization is non-existent, gear is way more important than stats or class features, and the combat is slow and clunky.  Speaking of slow, my Guardian Fighter runs like he has concrete shoes in waist deep mud in a 50 mph head wind.  Do they have a fucking striding item or do I need to wait till I get a horse?   (Mounts do seem like a pretty cool deal.  Even it if is just a thing you can use in public areas.  As long as you don't have to pay real world $$ for one, that is.) 

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #101 - May 6th, 2013 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2013 at 9:29am:
Do they have a fucking striding item or do I need to wait till I get a horse?   (Mounts do seem like a pretty cool deal.  Even it if is just a thing you can use in public areas.  As long as you don't have to pay real world $$ for one, that is.) 

You get three rental tokens (for four or five hours each if I recall) at level 20.  You can also purchase mounts both in game and from the zen store.  The rentals should hold you over long enough until you can afford to buy one in game.
And they aren't just for cities, if that's what you meant by public areas.  They're good in any public area, even public quest zones.  Only in instances are they unavailable to summon.

As for the leveling, yeah, it's pretty fast.  But it doesn't really matter much IMO.  The problem with capping too quickly in a game is that there is nothing left to do but grind.
Here, there are always Foundry quests to run, so you'll never run out of things to do.  Like, ever.  It doesn't matter if you're capped or not if there are new things to do all the time.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2013 at 9:55am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #102 - May 6th, 2013 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2013 at 9:29am:
No.  It kind of is valid.  The people who cap 2TR's in a week are not people who just started playing the game in the last 7 days. 

The 2TR in a week people have serious twink gear, knowledge of which quests to grind xp on, know exactly what to do in the quest to get the objective done in a fraction of the time, very very rarely die, have stacks of supplies at the ready, and hardly break to level and re-gear.  Many are using store based boosts (XP pots, learning tomes, Otto's boxes, etc).

If you can level to cap in a brand new game in your first week playing, that is a bit too fast.  Because you probably ran a bunch of quests you didn't need to and spent time trying to find things and figure stuff out in the quest.  And your leveling and gearing and supplies were not up to par.

All that said, NWO is a fun game.  The challenge is a bit weak, the customization is non-existent, gear is way more important than stats or class features, and the combat is slow and clunky.  Speaking of slow, my Guardian Fighter runs like he has concrete shoes in waist deep mud in a 50 mph head wind.  Do they have a fucking striding item or do I need to wait till I get a horse?   (Mounts do seem like a pretty cool deal.  Even it if is just a thing you can use in public areas.  As long as you don't have to pay real world $$ for one, that is.) 

Look for items with +movement. Remember to swap them when fighting as the rest of the stats on them usually suck

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint