Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO (Read 26390 times)
Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Re: DDO
Reply #50 - May 2nd, 2013 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Quadrovault wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 1:32pm:
While DDO has more customization and a better combat system imo, I still haven't found any ladder I couldn't climb in NWO.

NWO is a better game.

Ladders are not the primary reason why NW is better than DDO but its one of many.  Wink
Yep i havent notice any bugs in NW yet and the fact thats still in beta indicates that its only going to get better.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2013 at 1:43pm by Jon Van Caneghem »  

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #51 - May 2nd, 2013 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:50am:
Ah, but why travel when you have such a scintillating example of sub-par kindergarten intellect to toy with right here?

The one with sub-par kindergarden intellect is you. Reason is all those stupid memes you keep spamming at ddo forums all those years.. Hi, Welcome!  Wink

IP Logged

karatekid
Self-Proclaimed Puppy Farmer

Reply #52 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 1:26pm:
English is not my primary language so sorry if i misunderstood what you say.

Nope, you got it.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #53 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:05pm:
Nope, you got it.

Then am better at english than i thought  Cool . Good to know and thanks for the confirmation!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #54 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
karatekid wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 1:16pm:
Would the fact I still long for 2.5 indicate I have "get off my lawn" issues?

Try NEXT.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #55 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:50am:
scintillating 

Hahaha . My english-fu is weak but my search-fu is strong.
Dont even think you re more intelligent than me because you know how to use words like that Tongue especialy now that you know english is not my 1st language  Cheesy
JK of course
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2013 at 2:17pm by Jon Van Caneghem »  

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #56 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:12pm:
Try NEXT.

What's that?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #57 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:32pm:
What's that?

He wasn't talking to you.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #58 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:34pm:
He wasn't talking to you.

He wasnt talking to you either. Nor do i. now go back to what you doing.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #59 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:49pm
Print Post  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Ensis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
NWO isn't my thing; the combat is Tera for Dummies, there's a huge lack of character customization and abilities (No multiclassing, feat system, beginning stats mean little to nothing), and the graphics look too much like EQ2 for my liking.  Race choice also means little to nothing.

Sure, it has its advantages over DDO; ladders work and lag is non-existent, but then again most other MMOs have these 'features' as well.  I'll hold my breath for FF14:ARR or EQ Next instead of investing time into NWO.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #61 - May 2nd, 2013 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:49pm:

Thanks for the link man.
So this is the 5th edition right? i ve heard its going to be very close to what 2nd edition was. Cant wait for that!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #62 - May 2nd, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 2:53pm:
Thanks for the link man.
So this is the 5th edition right? i ve heard its going to be very close to what 2nd edition was. Cant wait for that!

Yes and from what I've seen yes.

Quote:

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #63 - May 2nd, 2013 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 3:10pm:

woot! i cant stand 4th edition, for pnp that is.
I bought the 3 player's handbooks and the dark sun campaign setting and creature catalog but i really regretted this...
I really hope wizards can return d&d to its former glory.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #64 - May 2nd, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 3:17pm:
woot! i cant stand 4th edition, for pnp that is.

There are parts I like and parts I don't.

Quote:

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #65 - May 2nd, 2013 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 3:24pm:

I agree. there are some good stuff in there too.
I think most people that say 3.x was so much better havnt really read the 4th edition rules.
Im also a dark sun material collector so i couldnt miss that.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #66 - May 2nd, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
I'm downloading Neverwinter right now. Even on my horrible connection3 gig is 7 hours. It's not a big investment. If DDO is busy ripping out all the customisability why would I, as a new player, go to DDO? I can try both for free....

I just really don't get what they are doing here, in marketing terms. It's a niche game, it always will be. Why not play to your strengths? I'd eat my hat if consumables / TR stuffs / XP pots weren't their bread and butter anyway...

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #67 - May 2nd, 2013 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
I havnt even checked ddo for 2 days now but if this is true and they have a downtime now this is a really bad move from turbine.
Now people, having nothing else to do will download NW and after playing for a bit they wont feel like they want to abandon it after the time they invested on the game.

And imagine if those guy's toons are nerfed with the enchantment pass too.
I think ddo is going to lose a lot of players these days.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #68 - May 2nd, 2013 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Sadly, I have an MBa, and one of the things I remember from my Marketing stuffs is understand your USP.

DDO has always been a niche game with good grouping, reasonably OK voice chat, heavily instanced INTERESTING instances and most importantly real character customisation, so you can come up with good stuff that works for you.

I'm not an OMG DPS person, I tend to build for survivability and flexibility (hence I have two melee divine, a pale master, a survivability focussed light monk and an exploiter, amongst others) and while I always expect my builds are not uber flavour of the month stuff, never had a jugg or a monkcher, they do what they say on the tin. I don't think it is fair to say DDO is all juggs and monkchers. right now the powergamers might be doing that, but the casuals outnumber those folks by far. I suspect the profit balance is way more on casuals buying cakes and stupid packs they don't need and spell pots, with maybe the powergamers buying buypasses and XP pots (although those are bought by casuals too).

What is so important in DDO is the flexibility, hence Gimps and permadeath and all those things. Push it into a basic tree go for it thing and it really won't be the same game. And why would you stick with DDO when so many other tree driven minimal choice MMOs do it better? I know my customer service experience has been way better with Wow, Everquest, DCUO and Arenanet that it ever has with Turbine. If they want to deliver generic MMO, there are simply several companies higher up on the pecking order that I would trust to do it better.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #69 - May 2nd, 2013 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 4:19pm:
Sadly, I have an MBa, and one of the things I remember from my Marketing stuffs is understand your USP.

DDO has always been a niche game with good grouping, reasonably OK voice chat, heavily instanced INTERESTING instances and most importantly real character customisation, so you can come up with good stuff that works for you.

I'm not an OMG DPS person, I tend to build for survivability and flexibility (hence I have two melee divine, a pale master, a survivability focussed light monk and an exploiter, amongst others) and while I always expect my builds are not uber flavour of the month stuff, never had a jugg or a monkcher, they do what they say on the tin. I don't think it is fair to say DDO is all juggs and monkchers. right now the powergamers might be doing that, but the casuals outnumber those folks by far. I suspect the profit balance is way more on casuals buying cakes and stupid packs they don't need and spell pots, with maybe the powergamers buying buypasses and XP pots (although those are bought by casuals too).

What is so important in DDO is the flexibility, hence Gimps and permadeath and all those things. Push it into a basic tree go for it thing and it really won't be the same game. And why would you stick with DDO when so many other tree driven minimal choice MMOs do it better? I know my customer service experience has been way better with Wow, Everquest, DCUO and Arenanet that it ever has with Turbine. If they want to deliver generic MMO, there are simply several companies higher up on the pecking order that I would trust to do it better.

I, until this month have been VIP forever, and just in the last 12 months average $200 in the DDO store. I am sure some of that average is off kilter from ottos boxes but w/e I dump what the average player would consider a buttload of cash into the game. And it is almost all related to TR products XP pots, point cards for mana pots (can get a better rate then ddo store pots), True hearts, ottos  boxes and recently raid timers while also having the biggest sack Smiley  and bag space for every regularly played toon. So I think your spot on with the gamer analysis even tho I am probably on one extreme end of the scale.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

kickass
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - May 2nd, 2013 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Jon Van Caneghem wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 1:56pm:
The one with sub-par kindergarden intellect is you. Reason is all those stupid memes you keep spamming at ddo forums all those years.. Hi, Welcome!  Wink

Once you delve into 'I know you are but what am I' territory it's too late to stop. Please continue.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #71 - May 2nd, 2013 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Just rolled a sweet joint and am about to log into NW. See you on beholder server guys  Wink

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #72 - May 2nd, 2013 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 3:10pm:

Yeah, I'm really digging the tester PDFs.  It totally reminds me of throwback to AD&D, which was my favorite system, but it's been modernized quite a bit, and not in a bad way.  I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, which surprised me.
Eladiun wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 3:24pm:

Agreed here as well.  Unfortunately the number of things that I liked were far outweighted by the vast number of things that I didn't.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - May 2nd, 2013 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 4:19pm:
hence I have two melee divine, a pale master, a survivability focussed light monk and an exploiter, amongst others

Don't be ridiculous, Tere. Obviously you only have 8 juggernauts.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #74 - May 2nd, 2013 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
I'm honestly a little bummed. Asketes hasn't been taken on anything I've ever registered for, yet it's taken on NW. That's a first, considering it is not a word in any modern language in use :/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint