Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Just another rant (Read 1462 times)
Selee
Abbot Raider

Just another rant
May 2nd, 2013 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/415983-WB-Turbine-and-DDO-what-is-in-s...

Love it, hate it, blast it, whatever.  Just bump it so that it is seen.  Just try not to get the thread cubed.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Re: Just another rant
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2013 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Sadly I see your thread either being 'preemptively' shut down, or turning into a bash thread and getting shut down anyways.

Nice post though.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
I've pretty much given up on those idiots learning how to communicate. I can't think of a single job I've had where I could expect to stay employed by hiding from customers.

The enhancement pass needed a hell of a lot more than just dumping some half baked shit onto lama. The discussion for each class should have had a wall'o'text from the dev responsible for the changes explaining the rationale, differences from live, the goal of changes, and how this made the game better / justification for any nerfs.

That dev should have then planned on spending the next week in the forums, talking to people who spent time trying out their work, reading and responding to feedback, and telling us which feedback will be incorporated into the next build, acknowledging things that were overlooked, etc.

Instead, we got what we we always get from Turbine - nothing at all. Isn't it time to lower your expectations?

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:06pm:
I've pretty much given up on those idiots learning how to communicate. I can't think of a single job I've had where I could expect to stay employed by hiding from customers.

The enhancement pass needed a hell of a lot more than just dumping some half baked shit onto lama. The discussion for each class should have had a wall'o'text from the dev responsible for the changes explaining the rationale, differences from live, the goal of changes, and how this made the game better / justification for any nerfs.

That dev should have then planned on spending the next week in the forums, talking to people who spent time trying out their work, reading and responding to feedback, and telling us which feedback will be incorporated into the next build, acknowledging things that were overlooked, etc.

Instead, we got what we we always get from Turbine - nothing at all. Isn't it time to lower your expectations?

No, because if we expect less, they will give less.  Not that they give more if we expect more, but unless I give my voice to them telling what we need, I don't feel that I have done what I can.  So short of me getting a job at Turbine (fat chance) this is what I can do.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:14pm:
No, because if we expect less, they will give less.  Not that they give more if we expect more, but unless I give my voice to them telling what we need, I don't feel that I have done what I can.  So short of me getting a job at Turbine (fat chance) this is what I can do.

Where can I sent you ten bucks to go buy yourself a helmet? You're going to need it from banging your head against that wall.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:20pm:
Where can I sent you ten bucks to go buy yourself a helmet? You're going to need it from banging your head against that wall.

What can I say?  Maybe I am a geologist and don't know it.

Quote:
Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big goddamn poster.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2013 at 10:28pm by Selee »  

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on May 2nd, 2013 at 10:14pm:

I wish you luck.

For myself, I'm almost burned out at this point trying to drag some guiding principles out of em so that we can actually try and give em some actionable feedback instead of just reacting on a gut-level to yet another round of "Here's what we done. Like it?".

Fucking up the forums mid-process did not exactly help.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2013 at 10:34pm by »  

IP Logged

Kalari
Stormreaver Piker

Drama Ho!

Reply #7 - May 2nd, 2013 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Same I really remember how hard I tried to care about things.

But when my bosses are telling me girl you are too stressed out from this. I know its time to just throw in the towel I log on once a week now to raid with my friends as long as they play i'll have a reason to log on, but as better games come out that may eventually die off to.

Sadly from what I have viewed of the enhancement and I will leave more feed back via their surveys since I don't use the main forums anymore I am just not impressed by another half ass overhaul. I don't care if they say its "alpha" the fact that they also admitted some trees will not be finished by release shows me its the same ole same ole with Turbine. Just not fucking worth the stress anymore.

It's not my fault you were born one gigantic asshole..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint